Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

Welcome to the team young man. Reactions,info,and youtube videos to follow. ;)

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jamin-davis/32004441-5642-8592-9936-07896f5591cc

HEIGHT  6' 3 1/2"

WEIGHT  234 lbs

ARMS  33"

HANDS 9 1/2"

Prospect Grade

WILL BE STARTER WITHIN FIRST TWO SEASONS

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein

NFL Analyst

NFL Comparison

Kiko Alonso

Overview

Lightly experienced, but ascending inside linebacker prospect with excellent blend of size, length and pursuit talent. Davis plays with his pads squared to the line of scrimmage, operating with quick, lateral scrapes and a nose for finding the ball-carrier. He needs to improve his technique in taking on blocks and constricting run lanes. His vision, focus and field awareness are innate strengths that all play a part in his ability to play past blockers with his eyes and pursue with consistent fluidity to the direction of the running play. He can cover big tight ends. He also plays with anticipation and an above-average catch radius to make quarterbacks pay for taking him lightly in zone. Davis could use more seasoning before he's ready for full-time snaps but he should become a starter.

Strengths

Big linebacker with desired athleticism inside.

Put a mark into every category, including blocked kick and defensive touchdown in 2020.

Plays with impressive focus and vision.

Gains ground quickly with clean lateral scrape.

Peripheral vision to play around angle blocks.

Displays ability to work off block quickly when positioning is right.

Controlled pursuit transitions to tackle-ready platform.

Combines length and play strength as optimal finishing tools.

Coverage recognition to work high to low.

Quarterbacks must respect his catch radius and ability to take it away.

Weaknesses

Has just 11 career starts under his belt.

Talented, but inexperience will show at times.

Needs to diagnose and respond just a shade quicker as a pro.

Average toughness in his take-on of lead blockers.

Room for improvement with hand usage and pad level as tackler.

Underestimates pursuit angle from time to time.

*Click Link for More* 

• Like 13

He's a talent for sure. I'm excited what Rivera/Del Rio can do with him. I like the player but don't love the value at 19, but most likely we didn't get any good trade up offers so I'm fine with it.

A stud athlete that our coaches can mold. He also seems to be able to play 4-3 LB and can also play in the 4-2 Nickel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Someone convince me he's a good pick at that slot.

I admit I don't know a lot about him. And I don't want to rush to judgment.

But one thing that I do not like to hear the draft announcers mention multiple times, is that your 19th overall pick is a "project"

It could be worse right... it could be worse, Right?  Right?!

14E17367-9591-4AA1-B53C-E8E9200C6CBB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I know absolutely nothing about this kid but apparently he's a helluva of an athlete and I trust Ron and company.  Maybe he'll be the LB that can cover TE's that we've been missing for what seems like 20 years.

• Like 7

Feels a little like we bought a body. At least they got a good one.

We have guys who are well equipped to teach him the ins and outs, match that with this athlete and you have something special.

Watching him grow and develop behind this D-line will be fun. He will be lined up for success.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Looks good, but I'm nervous about any pick in the top 20 where analysts say "should be a starter within 2 years." There was nobody else available at 19 that rates as an immediate starter?

Probably because he really only has one year of starting experience and that was last year. Albeit, he was fantastic last year. And then blew everyone away at the workout stuff so the measurables match the tape. And he's a great kid, interviewed well, comes form a military family so you know he's coachable.

There is nothing to really hate about the pick. The only real issue is could you have maybe gotten him a little bit later? I'm not sure. I think the Colts might have snapped him up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Like the position of need we've filled but don't love the player as he is currently. Bit of a block magnet. Plenty of potential to develop though he's got that speed that can be a game changer. I'm not thrilled but I'm hopeful. 

Mooooojoooooo riiiisen

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I spent a lot of energy on Jamin Davis on the draft thread.  

He might have the highest ceiling aside from Micah Parsons among the linebackers.  But he doesn't have Parsons' baggage.

Sideline to sideline run stopper.  Really good range.  He's just need to be improve at quickly diagnosing plays IMO.

He's sneaky good as far as the passing game.  He famously covered Pitts stride for stride on a couple of plays when he had to cover him

He's also sneaky good as a pass rusher.

High character guy

He's a bit raw but I trust Rivera and Del Rio to coach him up. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6