Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I was responding to people who were predicting Collins would play alongside Davis, for the threesome of Collins, Davis, Holcomb

Ah ok. Yeah I suppose he could potentially play Will when we're in a base 4-3, though it might be more likely that he'd be deployed in a 4-2 big nickel...which is pretty close to how we've used him in the past I believe. I think he might struggle a bit as a traditional Will in a 4-3 front as that has different responsibilities and keys than a SS in a big nickel setup. But who knows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I know you guys have been waiting for me to chime in, here it goes: I have no idea who that guy is, never heard of him, have no idea if he's any good. Everyone else seems excited about him, so I approve.

Thank goodness for that seal of approval.

I guess. 😉

• Like 2

Actually Jamin Davis was very high on my list, and seemed a better fit than JOK (Especially with Landon coming back.). It might have been slightly early, but Davis wouldn't have been around for Washington's 2nd round pick.  So a mix of need and BPA, leaning toward need.  I liked most of the clips I saw of Jamin in action.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Minutes ago, Rivera said that Davis was about as natural a fit as a player for his system, as he's seen in a long time

I hope he's a bust... the same type of bust that Chase Young has been!

HTTR!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Bostic looked like an idiot in that first clip lol. He literally got fooled all the way to the other side of the field. 

He did that routinely last season.

6 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

This is a fantastic post.  Holy crap I didn't realize how bad the LBs were at times last year!

Well you sure as hell didn’t take my word for it!

Our LBs have been steaming hot garbage. I’d like another one today. 

Also, on a more positive note:

For three seasons I’ve been clamoring about needing a linebacker. Getting Jay Min is like a dream come true. We actually addressed LB with an excellent player. I loved Kenneth Murray last year. This dude is better. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Those clips are exactly what we've been telling at the people who blame the Dline. :ols:

But people would see Holcomb shift through the line and make a big hit/sack, or Bostic make a tackle anywhere near the LoS one time and they’d be hoodwinked into believing we were fine at linebacker. 

And the amount of people who, even after reading posts about what the 4-2 is, that have no idea what the 4-2 is makes me want to drop kick an electric fence.

I get not everyone is as into it as a lot of us are so that’s not why. It’s more because I know they saw people post about it because they replied and then they still go and talk about 4-3 personnel in accordance with our 4-2/nickel.

Our current LBs:

JHC - absolutely no idea what he offers

Bostic - runs the wrong way, but he IS the most aggressive LB on the roster prior to the draft. He is okay speed wise. Not a great tackler. Probably the best blitzer. But his instincts are not good.

Holcomb - the best LB prior to Jay Min. He is sideline to sideline, okay in coverage, not a bad tackler. He does everything you want a 4-2 ILB to do EXCEPT play aggressively down hill on the run. Not a great blitzer but can get home. There is hope for him continuing to develop though. He has gotten better every year. He can be a great part of this. Not down on him. Just needs to keep rounding his game.

Hudson - Safety/LB hybrid in college. Not used to playing the inside backer role and was asked to do so in his rookie campaign. He is the major developmental piece in our system. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And the amount of people who, even after reading posts about what the 4-2 is, that have no idea what the 4-2 is makes me want to drop kick an electric fence.

This is really a sign that our education system is broken. 4-2 is clearly 2 which means it is twice as good as 4-3 because four minus three is only one. It also explains why we were so bad when we were in the 3-4. Three minus four is negative one.

For years under Manusky, Haslett, and Barry the Redskins played minus one defense!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10