Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

Just now, Burgold said:

This is really a sign that our education system is broken. 4-2 is clearly 2 which means it is twice as good as 4-3 because four minus three is only one. It also explains why we were so bad when we were in the 3-4. Three minus four is negative one.

For years under Manusky, Haslett, and Barry the Redskins played minus one defense!

See? Someone who understands football!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Recall a LONG time ago.  Back when john Madden in the broadcast booth actually said things that made sense, and communicated things, something that he said:  

It takes a very special man to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  

You have to be smart enough to understand the game.  

And dumb enough to think it's important.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Recall a LONG time ago.  Back when john Madden in the broadcast booth actually said things that made sense, and communicated things, something that he said:  

It takes a very special man to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  

You have to be smart enough to understand the game.  

And dumb enough to think it's important.  

100% agreed.

• Haha 1

Watching Ron and Martin talk has made me realise that we really are becoming a professional organisation. They're also turning the word "culture" into a good word again instead of a just being an embarrassing Bruce Allen meme.

Those vids of our LB failings really brought home the need for a guy like Davis. Hopefully he can take some pressure off of Holcomb, allowing him to concentrate on his strengths. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Watching Ron and Martin talk has made me realise that we really are becoming a professional organisation. They're also turning the word "culture" into a good word again instead of a just being an embarrassing Bruce Allen meme.

Those vids of our LB failings really brought home the need for a guy like Davis. Hopefully he can take some pressure off of Holcomb, allowing him to concentrate on his strengths. 

Dear everyone who says that video makes it hit home about how bad we needed a linebacker,

I am sorry I have failed you. I thought my constant whining about our backers brought it home. But it didn’t. I owe you all an apology.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Two very deserved captains! Love seeing this 

During the Snyder-Allen administration the two bozos would  would have treated a young draftee to a yagyu steak dinner with all the fixings followed by superbowl trash talk, expensive bourbon toasts, cuban cigars and topped it all off with a private trip to the vip room of a local gentleman's club to fully release any remaining tension. Not a team leader in sight.

By the time the night was through the new player had come to learn all of the wrong things about NFL life. Welcome to Club Redskins.

It's so much more comforting to see responsible hard working team first guys like Chase and Allen proactively indoctrinating this lad into our new culture.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

DelRio is an entertaining and charismatic guy. Alot of positive energy.  He almost has me feeling like I could strap it up and get out their with those young bucks for one last game (and yes it would definitely be my last game, in more ways than one).

In addition to his thoughts on Jamin, near the end of the interview he talks about getting completely wasted the night before he was drafted by the Saints and naively thinking that New Orleans was going to be a gator infested swamp so he needed to buy knee high boots and carry a bowie knife just in case. lol

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

He did that routinely last season.

Well you sure as hell didn’t take my word for it!

Our LBs have been steaming hot garbage. I’d like another one today. 

Also, on a more positive note:

For three seasons I’ve been clamoring about needing a linebacker. Getting Jay Min is like a dream come true. We actually addressed LB with an excellent player. I loved Kenneth Murray last year. This dude is better. 

I mean, I knew it was a major need but those clips are cartoonishly bad.  And really haven't watched closely the last two seasons anyway.  I'll be dialed all the way in this year though.  

12 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I mean, I knew it was a major need but those clips are cartoonishly bad.  And really haven't watched closely the last two seasons anyway.  I'll be dialed all the way in this year though.  

Those clips aren’t the worst of it either :ols:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Dear everyone who says that video makes it hit home about how bad we needed a linebacker,

I am sorry I have failed you. I thought my constant whining about our backers brought it home. But it didn’t. I owe you all an apology.

No apology needed, coach. You opened my eyes regarding our crappy LBs a long time ago, but you know what they say; "a vid is worth a thousand whines".

In those videos I can argue and say Bostic was playing within his assignments; waiting for the cut-back. But I understand that those clips were chosen to make a point. The problem with Bostic and with many poor LBs is taking too long to recognize run vs. pass. And then, of course, finishing the play. That’s the main reason I liked Micah Parsons so much, his play that is. By the time a guard gets to the 2nd level to block, Parsons is at the line to make the tackle. Watching only two full-game cut ups of Jamin Davis, I didn’t get enough of a feeling that he was that type of processor. But if Rivera and Del Rio say he is, that’s good enough for me. Seriously, I’m OK with the pick. 

For me, the most important trait of a 4-3 Mike is to quickly determine run vs. pass and get to, and through a lane to make a play. The later is the athleticism.  If a 4.8 linebacker can process a play a qtr of a sec faster, he instantly becomes a 4.55 LB and more importantly, is there to disrupt the play before it can get set-up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As leaders it just occurred to me thatChase Young and Jon Allen are perfectly matched in a yin and yang sort of way.

Chase is the gregarious, always smiling “let’s pump it up” energizer bunny and Jon has that tough, no nonsense, no excuses, no comprising, let’s get to work right now mentality.  

Kind of a good cop/bad cop dynamic. The two of them together can work with any situation or personality type.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

This is really a sign that our education system is broken. 4-2 is clearly 2 which means it is twice as good as 4-3 because four minus three is only one. It also explains why we were so bad when we were in the 3-4. Three minus four is negative one.

For years under Manusky, Haslett, and Barry the Redskins played minus one defense!

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Show you how important math is in football, and the wonderlic, etc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, London Kev said:

Don’t forget Jay.  He was part of the problem too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

ill, the conversations were rarely about football. Rivera leaves X’s and O’s to his assistants, who often meet with prospective picks several times in March and April. He wants to know what motivates the players, what they care about and how they might fit the culture of his franchise.

“I want to give them an opportunity to let their guard down and show you who they really are,” Rivera said. “If you give a player the opportunity, they will tell you who they are.”

In these interviews, he has come to love players such as Luke Kuechly and Shaq Thompson, who became top linebackers for him with Carolina. It’s how he became enamored with Davis this year, admiring his intelligence and backstory of growing up as a military child, and he insisted the team keep the 19th pick to take Davis instead of trading to another spot.

These interviews also are where other players fall off his list, such as the philosophy major whose answers made Rivera wonder how much he cared about the game.

“How important is football to you?” Rivera asked.

“It’s up there,” the player replied.

Rivera told the front office to pick someone else that year.

Many of those who have been around Rivera say he likes to build relationships. “He treats people like people,” a Washington assistant said last year while speaking privately about the coach. Several times during news conferences last fall, he lamented the pandemic restrictions that kept him from face-to-face meetings with the reporters who cover the team. He likes personal conversations. He is especially happy when he learns a player is from a military family or is the son of a teacher or a coach, believing they have a different understanding of learning and responsibility than many others. But mostly it’s a bond he is seeking, a way to connect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/05/02/ron-rivera-draft-picks-bonds/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, KDawg said:

If you were disappointed in our lb play last season, why didn't you just say so.  We're not all mind readers ya know.

Crazy to think if Chris Oats didn't have a stroke, Davis would've been a backup and would've been lucky to sign as a UDFA.  now he is a millionaire first round pick with a HUGE opportunity for success.  

Edited by KillBill26

On 4/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, mistertim said:

I really don't appreciate him lying/exaggerating. A 4.37 40 is very fast, but there's no way he can run 100 mph. Off to a bad start; probably a good idea to just cut him loose now.

He has no sacks yet. BUST.