Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

Welcome to the team and to the family JD!

IMO he isn't just a good fit for us, we're a good fit for him. Ron & Co are building something quality and this high motor/high character kid is going to fit right in. His parents ought to be comfortable seeing him go to a team that will respect their son and all he brings. Seems like he has that same kinda Terry McLaurin 'tude, brings more than just play on the field. Kid said "I don't care, I'll play center", I LOL'd

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Your negativity is the most annoying feature on this forum.

I’m frustrated we didn’t get Fields, too. But move on and stop being the wet blanket for once in your forum posting existence.

You have to think of his posts as being made by a cartoon character. Like Elmer Fudd or Brutis from Popeye who tries to be a dick, but generally gets clowned. 

I think of him as a tired satire bot. 

I'm pretty sure Ron dated his step mom and drank all his mountain dew.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Jamin Davis runs a 4.37s 40 then who is that #26 DB who burst into the play from behind?  That guy must run a 3.9s 40!

UK roster lists #26 as a senior CB, Brandin Echols, 5’11” 178lb. Or, it’s #28 senior DB, Zach Johnson, 5’10” 193lb. We need to draft that player!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

He’s going to be excellent LB based on what we know. Major upgrade, just we we badly needed. And he was apparently the top ranked D player on our board, which does surprise me with the CB’s there, but heck, let’s see how it plays out.

Perhaps picked a little sooner than expected, but I'm going to trust Ron Rivera's ability to evaluate a linebacker.  If he wants him, definitely glad they got him.  Kid certainly looks like a baller.  Will have every opportunity to succeed in this defense.

Really low-information draft expert, here.  But I wanted to give exposure to some superlatives I found over in "Breaking News".  

Washington Football Team: What Jamin Davis brings to the table

The 6-foot-4, 234-pound linebacker made some serious noise in the pre-draft process after his versatility on tape was as visually pleasing as his build. Davis is built like something out of a Marvel movie, with abs like Killmonger and arms like Thor.

But can he call defensive signals like Captain America?  

------

And I'll also say.  Again, low information evaluator, here.  My draft day experience consists pretty much of making a brief entry into Stadium, and reading what the board, and Breaking News, says about our picks, after we've made them.  (And then getting pumped up about them.)   

And yeah, I have been reflecting that it seems like a lot of our picks, even in the first round, seem to include statements along the likes of "if this works out" and "might develop into" and "upside".  

Yes, I understand that no draft pick is an absolute guarantee.  And maybe I'm just becoming easily triggered after 40 years.  But to me, those phrases sound like somebody trying to justify why they're making a gamble.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Outside of a true legit franchise QB, what was the single biggest need this team has?  MLB.

You can sit here and play the BPA game all you want, but you have literally zero idea who the BPA was on our board.  

As things started taking shape, I did have my hopes up that somehow we could end up with Fields, but when I saw what Chicago gave to move up and take him - that sure as hell felt like A LOT to move up.  It's obvious Gettleman didn't want to be made fun of and he cashed in.

My target immediately moved to Jamin Davis.  Call him a project or whatever makes you feel better, but I love everything about this kids tape and makeup.  I feel very confident in not only the FO, but both RR and JDR, making this pick.  If Jamin Davis ends up taking '2 years to start' and never sizzles, feel free to serve up a plate of crow.  But right now, quite a few folks just sound like crybabies, crying for the sake of crying.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If it makes you feel better @LarryI don't think there's any gamble here.

Even if the dude doesn't develop a lick he is a massive upgrade over what we have at inside linebacker in the 4-2 and he helps us in the 4-3 as well. Holcomb, if he can develop a downhill attacking instinct paired with this guy is a NASTY duo. 

Having said all that... remember that he is raw and he can actually improve on being on what I believe is the best linebacker on this team right now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Gotta say this pick is a grower

Ron really did get sick of QB’s negating our D Line by releasing the ball quickly huh? Davis and Jackson III pressing up on these TE’s and WR’s sure gonna make it hard for them to do that now

You should post more. Great insight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Larry said:

ve been reflecting that it seems like a lot of our picks, even in the first round, seem to include statements along the likes of "if this works out" and "might develop into" and "upside".  

Yes, I understand that no draft pick is an absolute guarantee.  And maybe I'm just becoming easily triggered after 40 years.  But to me, those phrases sound like somebody trying to justify why they're making a gamble.  

I'm sort of where you are in terms of concern. On the other hand, he's got all the measurables and he did have production in Kentucky. In his senior year, he wracked up over 100 tackles, snagged some picks, and got to the QB. Now, I do have questions why he only started one year and worry he's more of a work out warrior, but it's not like he didn't make plays or flash on the football field.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Not thrilled with this pick. Sure the guy is a good athlete but he was not rated in the top 20 or even the top 40. Why do we need a project at 19? How many O linemen did we pass on to get him? Every team that needed a QB got one except us. I'm confused.

Not rated in the top 20 or even 40 by whom, though? I thought he would slide to the second/late first because of other positions of value, but he's certainly a top talent in this draft. 

As far as your QB remark: I get that. I wanted Fields. Bad. I would have traded up and gotten the guy and been absolutely ecstatic. So I understand the frustration there for sure. But why hold Jamin Davis accountable for that and get down on him with very little information? You probably didn't see much of his style of play as you were relying on rankings from some draftnik to tell you if it was a good pick or not (not an insult, not everyone is a nutjob like many of the draftnik's here are and follow the draft year round). 

I feel the same way here as I did about Gibson last year.

I wasn't hyping Jamin up left and right during the draft season, but I quietly liked him. Wasn't sure where he slotted and didn't say a lot other than I liked him. 

Gibson I did hype up.

When we picked him people were horrified with the selection. It took myself and others (like @Skinsinparadise) explaining Gibson's potential to calm some down. Many thought we were still nuts... Then they saw him and everyone changed course on him quickly.

I expect much the same with Jamin.

I get the not getting a QB frustration. But give Jamin a chance.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Not thrilled with this pick. Sure the guy is a good athlete but he was not rated in the top 20 or even the top 40. Why do we need a project at 19? How many O linemen did we pass on to get him? Every team that needed a QB got one except us. I'm confused.

Hes not a project.

The only OL of similar value we passed on was Darrisaw whos coming off a major surgery.

The asking price to trade into the top 10 was too high(presumably). 

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Honestly I'm super happy we didn't get Fields. Everyone is making him out to be an amazing QB even before he steps foot into the NFL. There is a reason he fell out of the top ten and there is a reason why Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, and Trey Lance were picked ahead of him. He MIGHT be good, he also could be a colossal bust which 99.9% of OSU QBs happen to become. We have Fitzgerald, no reason why we can't look at Mills or Mond in the 2nd or 3rd and have him sit and learn behind him. The sky is not falling and our defense JUST got that much better with Jamin..its feast time in 2021 for our D.

Edited by ZarG3
  • Like 2

JoggingGod said: “Another reach for need. This new “old” front office is becoming a laughingstock around the league. Only team in the division to not make a trade to try and increase value.”

KDawg responded:

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Your negativity is the most annoying feature on this forum.

I’m frustrated we didn’t get Fields, too. But move on and stop being the wet blanket for once in your forum posting existence.

You mean JoggingGod was serious??

It was so over the top ridiculous that I assumed he was making a sarcastic joke. I even gave him a laughing emoji.

If he was truly being sincere...wow. Just wow.

• Thanks 1