Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

5 hours ago, ZarG3 said:

And for anyone saying it's a reach, I say no. It's a perfect complement to what our division rivals did. Sheagles and Gnats took two small WRs that will most likely be slot guys. So we take Jamin, a high motor, high character, non flashy LB pick. Reminds me of Kerrigan in a way coming out. Just makes sense. A need is not a reach.

Kerrigan had three productive years in college and was a 3 down player. Jamin had one and barely played on first down. They are nothing alike. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep. As for your first statement.  As for Bostic, I've heard that he played better later in the season and he's a good locker room guy but I'd bet they'd be happy to replace.

I agree. But even still, I feel good about Jamin and Holcomb as the LBs in the Nickel package. Makes a huge difference compared to last year. In the Base 4-3 you have Bostic and Hudson as pieces. And btw who the hell knows what's gonna happen with Landon Collins. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

That show was stupid

C'mon. Idaoans are the most blue collar, of all people.

I can definitely picture Idahoans gathering around a John Deere farm tractor that just broke down, and a group of them just staring at it, trying to figure what's wrong with it, all while making those Tim Allen grunt sounds.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Bostic, I've heard that he played better later in the season and he's a good locker room guy but I'd bet they'd be happy to replace.

I hope you mean, just replacing him as a starter.

Because I'd be very interested in keeping him as a backup. He'd be good depth and ST.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Kerrigan had three productive years in college and was a 3 down player. Jamin had one and barely played on first down. They are nothing alike. 

They also played completely different positions, so yeah agreed...the comparison doesn't make much sense.

Also, while Kerrigan wasn't a "flashy pick" I would consider Davis something of a flashy pick due to his freak of nature athleticism and the fact that his potential is probably barely even tapped.

IMO there would have been other guys who were "safer" picks but without the insanely high ceiling. I actually like that RR and company are willing to take chances on guys like that. On one hand it's somewhat riskier than a "safe" pick, but on the other hand you have a much higher likelihood of landing a superstar/game changer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Guys like this, I don't worry about them not hitting their ceilings. If he doesn't become a great player, it won't be because of a lack of preparation and training. Parsons? That's a guy who I would bank on NOT hitting his ceiling. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

At the time, Ryan Kerrigan was considered the second or third best DE in the draft. Since he played most of his career out of position with bad defenses overall, I don't think I'd take any of the other DE drafted before him except Watt (although I believe Watt would have been only slightly superior with us from 2011 to 2019 as opposed to the HOFer he was and Kerrigan would be just a tier below HOF status with Houston).

• Haha 1

Another thought. Are we ever going to be in our Base 4-3 this year or are we gonna roll out the Big Nickel as our effective base D to have Landon Collins and Kam Curl on the field at the same time?

If Big Nickel becomes our effective Base D, then even more reason to feel good about Jamin-Holcomb as the LB pair with Hudson and Bostic as depth guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

C'mon. Idaoans are the most blue collar, of all people.

I can definitely picture Idahoans gathering around a John Deere farm tractor that just broke down, and a group of them just staring at it, trying to figure what's wrong with it, all while making those Tim Allen grunt sounds.

I hope you mean, just replacing him as a starter.

Because I'd be very interested in keeping him as a backup. He'd be good depth and ST.

Ummm...maybe people who live on farms do that...I dont know

Should Collins play weak side linebacker, while Jamin plays middle linebacker and Holcomb strong side?

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-landon-collins-is-the-best-off-ball-linebacker-entering-free-agency

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/washington_has_talked_to_landon_collins_about_moving_to_linebacker/s1_16457_34730234

According to John Keim of ESPN, Washington is talking to Collins about switching positions.

“I initially dismissed [Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah] as a possible pick, even though I know they liked him in this range (19th pick overall). But I know they’re talking to Landon Collins about a move to the same position. 

Edited by YoungPredator99

I could maybe see Collins in nickel packages playing a hybrid role...but that's not really much different than what we had him do in the past as a box safety. I think what he was saying "no" to in his tweet was a move to base LB.

Besides, Jamin Davis is bigger and faster than Collins is anyway. 

9 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

I think I just thought of Rocky McIntosh for the first time in ten years. (Because of the jersey number 52) Getting old sucks.

Heh. You think that's old. I thought of Neil Olkiewiscz

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4