Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

1 minute ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Not to me but then again my football knowledge is on the “enthusiastic fan” level.

I was very impressed with your analysis and after consideration agree with it completely.

Kudos!

Ahh I’m clearly more accustomed to my pals sarcasm that I thought it was a joke 😂

Thanks man, appreciate it

• Thanks 1

And for anyone saying it's a reach, I say no. It's a perfect complement to what our division rivals did. Sheagles and Gnats took two small WRs that will most likely be slot guys. So we take Jamin, a high motor, high character, non flashy LB pick. Reminds me of Kerrigan in a way coming out. Just makes sense. A need is not a reach.

Edited by ZarG3
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Not thrilled with this pick. Sure the guy is a good athlete but he was not rated in the top 20 or even the top 40. Why do we need a project at 19? How many O linemen did we pass on to get him? Every team that needed a QB got one except us. I'm confused.

You sound like what's called on politics boards, a concern troll.  Not rated by whom?  The comic book guy on The Simpsons?  The talking head who lied about quitting his job if Jimmy Clausen (did i get it right this time?) didn't pan out?  I'm about to make some "your mother" wisecracks so I'll just ease up from here.  Two former LBs running this team -- head coach and DC -- wanted him and knew he wouldn't be there at 51.  How much does Bruce pay you?

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think history indicates the seriousness.

One of the disadvantages (or perhaps an advantage in this case) of reaching 80 is that new names often become a blur.

There are so many posters here that I often get confused or can’t remember who said what. So I often react to what’s in front of me rather than historical context.

Your point is well taken all the same.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

He’s going to be excellent LB based on what we know. Major upgrade, just we we badly needed. And he was apparently the top ranked D player on our board, which does surprise me with the CB’s there, but heck, let’s see how it plays out.

You're saying that because he's from the UK ;) We've got our Kuechly ! :815:

• Like 1

Am I the only one seeing the parallels?

- Underrecruited freak athlete with limited tape.

- Willing to play any position/role to help the team. Special teams ace.

- Quiet, serious demeanor that you can tell loves to grind

Terry McLauren?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, HigSkin said:

Only thing I disagree with is the read/react part. He does it quickly, 100%. He does everything quickly. Sometimes he gets it wrong and puts himself out of position. That's his biggest flaw. If he fixes that... he's going to be special. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Really really glad we got a linebacker, no more seeing Bostic 10 yards behind Saquon/Zeke. When Fields started to fall it made me a bit excited we had a chance, so any pick at the time was somewhat of a disappointment. After waking up I feel good about it 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Not thrilled with this pick. Sure the guy is a good athlete but he was not rated in the top 20 or even the top 40. Why do we need a project at 19? How many O linemen did we pass on to get him? Every team that needed a QB got one except us. I'm confused.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article251029934.html

He will thrill you, don't worry ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Terry McLauren?

Not Terry, but another former LB/DE.. Mr. Ryan Kerrigan.

48 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Terry McLauren?

I was thinking antonio gibson actually but both work.

We definitely are showing a trend lately with some of our earlier picks, taking guys with high character and explosive athletic traits but very limited college tape.

So far it seems to be working pretty well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

PFF graded him out (81) as the best LB in the conference and his tackle numbers and interceptions ranked with the best. It would be objectively wrong to say he is only about measurables. 

Either way most seem to think he has room to grow.  That combined with already being able to move Bostic makes me happy. 

Darrisaw would have been nice, but between his surgery and Davis upside I can get behind this pick.  Several guys with injury questions went around this pick as well.  I like that raw is the current negative vs injury concerns.

• Like 2

Rivera gave some great insight in the press conference. One of my favorites is when he spoke about, in the process of scouting, going from pro day to pro day. He says that they pay attention to who's showing up where, and the Team paid attention when all the LB guys (coaches and scouts) showed up to see Jamin. Also I noticed how he continuously speaks of Jamin's character and background. I can tell that he feels he has his next LB apprentice. 

Mayhew spoke about a few things as well. My favorite point was him saying that Jamin loves and enjoys the grind of football. You have to love it and with his potential, that mindset opens up the possibilities. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Rivera gave some great insight in the press conference. One of my favorites is when he spoke about, in the process of scouting, going from pro day to pro day. He says that they pay attention to who's showing up where, and the Team paid attention when all the LB guys (coaches and scouts) showed up to see Jamin. Also I noticed how he continuously speaks of Jamin's character and background. I can tell that he feels he has his next LB apprentice. 

Mayhew spoke about a few things as well. My favorite point was him saying that Jamin loves and enjoys the grind of football. You have to love it and with his potential, that mindset opens up the possibilities. 

The coach appearance thing is a great detail. I wonder how common it is for coaches to no show one of their players?

Just now, Burgold said:

The coach appearance thing is a great detail. I wonder how common it is for coaches to no show one of their players?

Very. It’s all strategic. Even things like body language and perceived interest if they are at a workout are very large parts of the strategy of the draft.

These guys for have a beer or dinner and they feel each other out. Dropping kernels of truth alongside false opinions to get a gauge how the other guy feels, sometimes looking for little things like raising of the eyebrows. For some coaches it’s very heavy psychologically.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Stop putting so much weight on the media and where they have a player ranked. PFF had him ranked 41, but they're dog**** at projecting players out of college. They had the Chargers last year as draft losers for drafting Justin Herbert. Think about that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1