Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

TK

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

anderson cooper's been interviewing amanda gorman and she is just dazzlingly brilliant (obviously), funny, and just amazing in every way

there's hope for humanity

Just rewound and watched it.  Holy cow. She is a 22 year old with the soul of a wise old woman.  Just an amazing young girl... thoughtful, brilliant, gracious, stunningly articulate, a sly sense of humor.  America should keep Amanda Gorman on its collective radar.

58 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

anderson cooper's been interviewing amanda gorman and she is just dazzlingly brilliant (obviously), funny, and just amazing in every way

there's hope for humanity

Anderson looked thrilled to be interviewing an honest to god human being instead of the evasive political creature as is the norm for his show.  Amanda has a bright future, and interesting story, and definitely made the most of her chance to shine.  Good for her.  

Gave me a chance to talk to my daughter about poetry too.  She reads far above her grade level but I haven’t succeeded in making her fall in love with the written word yet.  We’ll get there.  

I was... not excited to say the least... when Biden became the nominee. 

after catching up on his speech and the numerous articles/tweets about what has gone on within the administration - I’m glad he won. 

I don’t know that things can truly be fixed. But if they are to be fixed, this is the only starting point that leads there. 

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Performers at Biden's Inauguration:

Lady Gaga

JLo

Garth Brooks

Bruce Springsteen

Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters

Tom Hanks

Demi Lovato

Jon Bon Jovi

Justin Timberlake

Katy Perry

et. al.

Performers at Trump's inauguration:

Tony Orlando (& Dawn declined)

Second place finisher on America's Got Talent

You know that pissed him off. We know what he really cared about and he flushed that away; once everyone saw the real him.

I also doubt he actually wrote that letter to Joe. Probably, one of his aides wrote it and he just signed it.

Celebration is over.  Time to get to work. In reality, Joe has a limited amount of time to get what he wants done.  

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

The inauguration is supposed to be a celebration and a feel good day for the nation. For at least half the country, it usually is. 

Yeah! If you can't enjoy an old fashioned circle jerk, then America is truly doomed.

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Normalcy has been restored.

That’s not going to be enough...but it’s a damn good start. Biden wasn’t my first choice either but I’m more than happy with his primary qualification, i.e. being anyone other than Tя☭mp. From the tone of his acceptance speech and yesterday’s speech, I’ve been encouraged that he gets it on a number of key issues for me.

We passed the first milestone of getting him in office and taking Moscow Mitch out of the Senate driver’s seat. Now it’s time for the hard work of holding him, his administration and Congress accountable. I’m not going to drop the ball and I challenge all of you to do the same.

Finally, one last meme for the road.

7990-D620-331-E-4-E7-E-9073-D9-A4-A32-FA

2 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

That’s not going to be enough...but it’s a damn good start. Biden wasn’t my first choice either but I’m more than happy with his primary qualification, i.e. being anyone other than Tя☭mp. From the tone of his acceptance speech and yesterday’s speech, I’ve been encouraged that he gets it on a number of key issues for me.

We passed the first milestone of getting him in office and taking Moscow Mitch out of the Senate driver’s seat. Now it’s time for the hard work of holding him, his administration and Congress accountable. I’m not going to drop the ball and I challenge all of you to do the same.

Agreed, yesterday was a fine day, a great day even but it was just one day. The work begins now.

And I don't mean just for Joe or Kamala or Congress, but for everyone. This repulsive journey towards the light has been a reminder that who we are and what we shall be is the result of hard work, attention to detail, involvement, participation. That talking is irrelevant if no one listens. That posting memes doesn't hold a candle to voting. 

This is an inflection point for the country, for history, an opportunity but honestly, at this point, only an opportunity so far. I am hopeful that the point has been made forcefully enough.

Don't argue politics, argue money and people will listen. It is high time that the left/progressive/decent/not insane elements in society flex their muscles, economic and social and interactive, to change the course we've been on.

It is long overdue.

From what we are learning this morning, the most important trait the next President needed was organizational competence. All those who criticized Biden for choosing a hyper-experienced cabinet were wrong. The first step is not anyone’s agenda, it’s rebuilding the engine of government. 

We’re not ready to plan the trip until we have a car that can make it out of the driveway. 

I could have done without all of the conciliatory talk meant to placate Trump supporters.  Appeasing bullies never works.  **** the right wing trash that supported a fascist traitor who tried to destroy American democracy and prosperity.  Biden needs to use every power of his office and Congress to punish the traitors of the previous administration and pass the reforms and progressive agenda necessary to fix our broken government and robber baron economy and god awful system of healthcare and corrupted courts, and **** every piece of right wing riff raff who stands in the way of that.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

From what we are learning this morning, the most important trait the next President needed was organizational competence. All those who criticized Biden for choosing a hyper-experienced cabinet were wrong. The first step is not anyone’s agenda, it’s rebuilding the engine of government. 

We’re not ready to plan the trip until we have a car that can make it out of the driveway. 

Yeah, the need for staff to be able to come in and hit the ground running is hugely important right now, and that doesn’t just mean people who know what they are (or need to be) doing, but also having people that have experience working together.  
This administration is facing one of the toughest roads any incoming administration and experience matters.  

I also believe this staff is full of experts who are therefore likely to take in newer data/facts and altering their course accordingly.  I don’t see it as a group that will solely focus on returning to the road they were on under Obama.  
They will attempt to address the changes we’ve seen in the country in terms of systemic racism, domestic terrorism, misinformation and the break from normalcy and decency, amongst other things.  
This is a lot easier when you don’t have to spend as much time learning the myriad of things newcomers would face. 

In short, I don’t think I’m being overly naive or idealistic in saying I think Biden’s administration is going to be both highly competent and surprisingly progressive - likely even historically so on both fronts.  

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I could have done without all of the conciliatory talk meant to placate Trump supporters.  Appeasing bullies never works.  **** the right wing trash that supported a fascist traitor who tried to destroy American democracy and prosperity.  Biden needs to use every power of his office and Congress to punish the traitors of the previous administration and pass the reforms and progressive agenda necessary to fix our broken government and robber baron economy and god awful system of healthcare and corrupted courts, and **** every piece of right wing riff raff who stands in the way of that.

That's why it's important to appoint U.S. Attorneys in the Justice Department who aren't White Supremist sympathizers and QAnon sympathizers to prosecute the insurgents the fullest extent of the law. This leaves the rest of the Executive branch departments to fix government and move us forward in democracy and not towards fascism.

11 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Jon Bon Jovi making Keith Richards look young. Holy hell man... what happened to him.

Also, Foos killed it. 

Jon Bon is getting old... he is almost 60:

image.png.3e3cf4282dccd7e653f9d3acbeffe707.png

but saying he looks older than Smeagol is getting a bit out of hand.....

image.png.8814927930ba9268892fa51fd58ba967.png 

Archived