Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

TK

So I’ve been keeping on eye on different official government FAcebook pages because it is part of my Public Affairs role.  The White House page earlier was just “The White House”.  I just checked now and it is ‘The Trump White House”.  At least I am like 90% sure it is the same page I have been looking at.

Posting this here also because as of this moment, it still says The Trump White House.

I think about all the personal tragedy Joe Biden has suffered through in his life and, instead of sinking into bitterness, he persevered and grew in empathy and understanding of the suffering of others.  It's nice to see the good guys win every once in a while.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Posting this here also because as of this moment, it still says The Trump White House.

Is that just them archiving the old administration and Biden’s team creates a new one?

I saw there was a page for the Obama White House

My eyes got watery when VP Harris was sworn in. The VP rocking the blue but  Michelle Obama looks wow! National Anthem was great but I laughed at Lady Gaga’s stage theatrics and her skirt. Excellent Speech by Biden but he can be done now and get to work. 

Heard some of Biden speaking while I was running an errand just now.  

I like it.  But part of me is also putting an asterisk on things, too.  

I'm confident that every President, at least in my lifetime, has called for unity.  As long as "unity" means "I want everybody to agree with me."  

How many Presidents take office callng for unity, and then get up the next morning, walk into the Oval, and begin tiroe mission of doing their agenda as quickly as possible?  

And I have no doubt that Biden and the Dems fully intend to do the same thing.  They likely have a calendar drawn up with at least outlines of all the items of spending and legislation which they intend to pass, by party line vote if necessary, in the next two months.  These plans assume that there will be unanimous GOP obstruction, and they plan to overrule it.  

Granted, there's precedent for why they should make that assumption.  They'd be idiots not to have plans made in advance for that option.  

Maybe I just wish that it wasn't necessary.  

Archived