Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

TK

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

(haven't read the board much for awhile; plate's been full; hope to catch up soon and did see @Predicto made an appearance and it figures i missed it--miss you, amigo but support your choices :ols:)

Since he's no longer working in the White House and had his Twitter account suspended, I expect we'll see more of @Predicto again.

Quite honestly confused... Roy Blunt (GOP) was the emcee... is that by choice or is that because he chaired the inaugeral commmittee.  

Also, did he mis-speak calling Amanda Gorman the "first American poet Laureate".  But she is the first American YOUTH poet Laureate.  Maybe I just misheard...

16 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

That Amanda Gorman performance was one of the most unexpectedly amazing things I've watched in a long, long time.  She's incredible.

I need to see it in slo-mo. I couldn't keep up.

I'm more of a Seamus Heaney/WB Yeats kind of guy with sloooow delivery.

have to add---the poem was just amazing to me, and the poet radiated so much beauty and wisdom and artful visions of justified hopefulness and rising to challenges as demanded, embodying so much of the wonderful possibilities that do lay ahead  in her moment at the mike

what a cool human :) 

Now that we're into a new thread and new era, I just want to say how grateful I am to everyone on this site who helped make the last four years more tolerable, especially the mods and @visionary. You gave of your time and yourselves in a stressful, depressing and incendiary climate. 

I'm looking forward to spending the next four years with you all, whatever it may bring. I hope this administration affords us all the opportunity to focus on our families, our communities and ourselves, no longer a barrier but a unifying force for good. 

I’m slightly bias since I ran for the St Jude race team in some marathons but that organization is beautiful across the board.  They even sent me special medal and written letter from the CEO after a race thanking me for being on their team.  Their marathon is outside their hospital with the children lining the streets cheering.

Archived