Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

TK

9 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Associating God/religion with the presidency is pretty unhealthy. We got to start moving away from this at some point.

The president goes to church every week and heavily committed to his religion.  Why would anyone be shocked it’s part of the ceremony?  Honestly it’s not that big of a deal anyone.  Hell they do prayers  at nascar races

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Conservatives are losing their minds over Garth Brooks performing.  The people that hate "cancel culture" are calling for a boycott.

Alittle weird to freak out about brooks though I do think cancel culture takes stuff too far. 

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Conservatives are losing their minds over Garth Brooks performing.  The people that hate "cancel culture" are calling for a boycott.

Not sure why.  G has long been a supporter of social liberalism. His "We shall be free" is almost 30 years old and talks about racial equality and supports gay marriage. 

Also, for anyone who missed this.

6 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Associating God/religion with the presidency is pretty unhealthy. We got to start moving away from this at some point.

people associate with what brings THEM grounding.   when someone that doesn't believe in God comes to power, they will choose a different pillar to focus on, but it isn't the slightest bit unhealthy for Biden to focus where he gets comfort

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

The president goes to church every week and heavily committed to his religion.  Why would anyone be shocked it’s part of the ceremony?  Honestly it’s not that big of a deal anyone.  Hell they do prayers at prayers at nascar races

Just a bit of difference between:  

President regularly attends church.

And occasionally includes quotes from the bible in his speeches.  

And 

President borrows somebody else's bible and church for photo ops.

And compares Jesus Christ to himself.  

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Alittle weird to freak out about brooks though I do think cancel culture takes stuff too far. 

"Cancel culture" is such a moronic catchphase... PARTICULARLY by the whiny "they are stealing christmas" ****es that regularly use it... 

well...so far we made it this far :) 

today i not only give that inauguration an 'a' but i give the America biden aspires to an 'A' worthy of capitalization :D

(haven't read the board much for awhile; plate's been full; hope to catch up soon and did see @Predicto made an appearance and it figures i missed it--miss you, amigo but support your choices :ols:)

Just now, bcl05 said:

That Amanda Gorman performance was one of the most unexpectedly amazing things I've watched in a long, long time.  She's incredible.

She knocked it out of the park. What an amazing performance and a great poem. 

3 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

people associate with what brings THEM grounding.   when someone that doesn't believe in God comes to power, they will choose a different pillar to focus on, but it isn't the slightest bit unhealthy for Biden to focus where he gets comfort

I am one of the least religious people there is but I agree with this. Nothing wrong with relying on where you draw strength. That's a very personal decision and not for anyone else to decide for someone. 

4 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

That Amanda Gorman performance was one of the most unexpectedly amazing things I've watched in a long, long time.  She's incredible.

Oh man, I am IN MY FEELS. Just weeping, it was extraordinary.

1 minute ago, mcsluggo said:

"Cancel culture" is such a moronic catchphase... PARTICULARLY by the whiny "they are stealing christmas" ****es that regularly use it... 

Not really.  There’s folks that believe in political correctness and then there’s a extreme group that think everything that can be viewed offensive must be changed.   You can make anything offensive if you try hard enough.  It’s those folks that caused the term cancel culture. 

Archived