Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

So with the way FA went and most of the holes plugged minus lb this is when I would push for a trade up to the 6-10 range and get fields our lance.  

When the rgiii trade was made the team had more holes and wasn't the right time.   I say go for it and get the QB and let him marinate for a yr

There are draft analyst who think Trey may fall some due to only playing one game last year and playing for a small school.  Looking at his play he reminds me somewhat of Mahomes.  I know a comparison to the best QB in the NFL but he reminds me of him in some ways.  I like Mac Jones as most people know and my reasons expressed on here. :)  I wouldn't mind Trey sitting behind Fitzpatrick/TH and learning.  

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea where they think Brevin Jordan might go in the draft? My son goes to the University of Miami, so i have become a big fan and watch all their games. This dude has speed, is good after the catch and had to block a lot of DE's. He has improved every year and has the potential to be a beast of a TE in the NFL.

I've heard a lot of people say he's the best tight end to come out of Miami sine Jimmy Graham and a few of the draft guru's don't think that there's a huge difference between him and Pitts...for whatever that's worth.

16 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

Does anyone have any idea where they think Brevin Jordan might go in the draft? My son goes to the University of Miami, so i have become a big fan and watch all their games. This dude has speed, is good after the catch and had to block a lot of DE's. He has improved every year and has the potential to be a beast of a TE in the NFL.

I've heard a lot of people say he's the best tight end to come out of Miami sine Jimmy Graham and a few of the draft guru's don't think that there's a huge difference between him and Pitts...for whatever that's worth.

I think there’s a solid chance we can get him at 51, but a decent chance he’s gone by the time we pick in the third.

54 minutes ago, Morrissey1972 said:

Slump? Sims Jr? Collins? ...take your pick. 

Listen, I’m as thrilled as anyone about the direction in which the team is heading and I couldn’t be happier about free agency this far. Hell, I’m one of the few people who believes that as owners go, you can probably do worse than Dan Snyder. 

....it’s just that I’m jaded, cynical and even worse, I find the pontifical nature of these threads a bit predictable. Heck, the “Trung Candidate is going to save the world” thread is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth. 

At any rate, I just had to voice my sarcasm. I feel better now and will continue to lurk as if it’s my first. 😬

Sims Jr and Collins weren’t slumps. They’re not answers. Period.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

In most of the TDN mock draft simulators he is there at #51 but not at #74. I think he's right there with Friermouth as the TE2 ... and I think those two end up going in the 2nd round. It isn't a super deep TE class, so that could force them both up higher than maybe their talent places them?

We'll see how the draft plays out. I think the Samuel signing means we can wait on WR a bit, maybe Round 3 ... or maybe not at all (if the staff likes what Harmon/AGG/Sims provide on the outside?

Anyway, wouldn't shock me if we went OT/LB at 19 ... and OT/LB/TE at 51 ... again ... BPA and probably dependent on who is there.

Of course last year EVERYONE thought we HAD to go TE early and we never even drafted one. Obviously the staff nailed the Thomas thing, and I think it's recognized that we could use a TE2. But if we come out of the draft without a TE my assumption will be that this staff is really high on the Baugh/Moss upside.

I do think the FA cycle will make us less "forced" at picking a need. That was Ron's stated goal.

I think we are probably in a position at WR and TE to not draft anyone if the pieces didn't fall just right.

LB is the one spot I think we need to address. Edge needs some depth.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we came out of the draft with an LT and a bunch of defensive players. I also wouldn't be surprised if we came out of the draft with a LT, WR, TE, QB, RB and only use one premier pick on a LB. That's because we're set up fairly well, and I assume we still see a FS and LB addition in FA.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Just can’t see it, he picked a really bad year to play poorly with the options available in FA and the Draft

I think a huge part of Sims Jr's value was as a punt returner and I think he blew that opportunity...if true, then he'll have to have a great camp to make the squad unless he's viewed as a backup slot receiver only. I wouldn't give up on him....but he needs to really have a great camp and preseason imo. 

• Like 1

This is so interesting to me. Rivera is all about the trenches. And this team built a stout DL through the draft on cheap contracts. He's using this window of time to load up contracts on DBs. I guarantee you by the time we are paying our DL top tier contracts, you'll see all rookie DB contracts to counter. But just interesting to see how these contracts are structured in 2022. Your top 3 contracts are DBs. Of course, one of these is pre-ROn and probably gets cut before 2022 at that salary rate, but 2 of these are FAs brought in by this FO.

image.png.5e9a4f8501fe934bdc0ce566185dafaa.png

• Like 6

Sims to me had me holding my breath every time a punt went in the air.   Not only did he drop too many he also let too many hit the ground in bad places that ended up pinning us deep.   With Samuel I don't know if we have a need for him anymore.   We definitely wouldn't need him if we drafted Amari Rogers in 3rd.   Rogers was a pretty solid PR at Clemson and will fill the slot role at times perfectly.  

Still think we need to find a TE or LB here in FA.    I think Zaven becomes our eventual draft pick or we trade down later in the 1st and pick up more draft capital in this deep draft (or next years) to set us up to get long term QB next year better.

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

There are a few TE's to monitor IMO for WFT: Yeboah, Granson, McKitty and Bushman not the most agile but great hands.

I don't know a ton about these latter TEs, probably R3 or R4 guys. But Yehoah and McKitty seem to be really intriguing in that range for us. I wonder about Hunter Long too ... but he's probably less of a vertical threat and a more complete TE.

Any Iowa TEs out there this year? Just checked - none that rank at least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I think a huge part of Sims Jr's value was as a punt returner and I think he blew that opportunity...if true, then he'll have to have a great camp to make the squad unless he's viewed as a backup slot receiver only. I wouldn't give up on him....but he needs to really have a great camp and preseason imo. 

Totally agree.....he certainly has value as a backup for sure.  I also think he's a good kick returner.  We need a punt returner in a bad way.

HOLY CRAP!!!!  The Broncos are releasing Phillip Lindsay!!!!!

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I've mentioned him before but Robert Tonyan (Packers) who has a 2nd round tender.  I know, it's a pick but if we're planning to spend one anyway on a TE does it make sense to go proven?

I think the biggest issue is that Tonyan not only costs a second rounder, but you have to outbid the Packers. You need to sign Tonyan to a contract the Pack won't match. Which inherently means overpaying. And then you get into the debate of how good Tonyan actually is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yawn

Eh, it’s not an exciting signing, but Johnson’s a cheap vet in his prime with experience.  Considering last year was mostly about evaluation (even if that turned into winning), I take it as good sign the staff wanted him back.  We obviously need(ed) corner depth.