Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

There are draft analyst who think Trey may fall some due to only playing one game last year and playing for a small school.  Looking at his play he reminds me somewhat of Mahomes.  I know a comparison to the best QB in the NFL but he reminds me of him in some ways.  I like Mac Jones as most people know and my reasons expressed on here. :)  I wouldn't mind Trey sitting behind Fitzpatrick/TH and learning.  

I am a Mac Jones guy too and if he fell to 19 I think they should take him.  But I think this is very unlikely.   As far as trading draft capital for him or Lance, at this point, I am skeptical.

Getting FItz changed the situation for me.  He is different type of player then most of the other guys they were looking at in  FA or trade.   Most of those guys were reclamation type projects stop gaps or guys with potential who might need a second chance, guys who would come in and compete with Allen and Taylor but have no serious expectations.

Fitzpatrick is a different animal. I expect him to have to compete just like anyone else, but he is much more of a win now type of guy because he is playing his best football right now.  His window to be great might actually be next year and thats it. But how good can he be?   Whats promising, is that he has it in him.  He has shown on many occasions that he can play at a very high level and it might be worth it to see what he can do with a full draft slate of talent added to the team.   If he fails then maybe they are back to square one but they might have a higher pick to show for it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dexter said:

HOLY CRAP!!!!  The Broncos are releasing Phillip Lindsay!!!!!

A bit surprising. They had initially only tendered him as an original round tender (he was undrafted), which itself was mildly surprising as Denver wouldn't even spring for the second round tender for a guy that made the Pro Bowl recently. Thought he could maybe be a good restricted free agent target as he didn't cost anything and it seemed Denver didn't want to pay him much. But now he's just out there for nothing other than pay.

Edited by Jericho

3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Totally agree.....he certainly has value as a backup for sure.  I also think he's a good kick returner.  We need a punt returner in a bad way.

HOLY CRAP!!!!  The Broncos are releasing Phillip Lindsay!!!!!

I’m hopeful Javon Leake makes big strides this year - would have the added benefit of (potentially) addressing our kick return game.

I’m not writing Sims off as a backup for the slot, but Lord I hope he’s never again out there (not) fielding punts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

But as much as some do not like Sims....he's a poor man's Curtis Samuel.

He’s really not, unless you’re using the “poor man’s” expression WAY more loosely than most. They both play the slot, that’s about it. Sims barely has an NFL body (not even getting into his height/weight, which is diminutive...just build) while Samuel is built more like a RB. Samuel has top of the league athleticism AND deep speed (4.31), Sims has some side to side quickness but that’s about it. He’s not fast or overly explosive, he’s not a threat down the field at all. Samuel has one of the highest efficiencies catching the ball down field and has good hands overall, Sims...does not. 

There’s just nothing about Sims that says he is a “poor man’s Curtis Samuel” other than that they both play slot sometimes. It’s harsh but that’s the truth. Sims may be a poor man’s Jamison Crowder at best. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

ds

I think that they released him from his tender is because Lindsey is a 2 back down and that is the reason that they brought in Gordan last year.

Agreed. I like Lindsay as a player but I don't think he is better than what we have in JD or Gibson let alone the most explosive back in the league.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

He’s really not, unless you’re using the “poor man’s” expression WAY more loosely than most. They both play the slot, that’s about it. Sims barely has an NFL body (not even getting into his height/weight, which is diminutive...just build) while Samuel is built more like a RB. Samuel has top of the league athleticism AND deep speed (4.31), Sims has some side to side quickness but that’s about it. He’s not fast or overly explosive, he’s not a threat down the field at all. Samuel has one of the highest efficiencies catching the ball down field and has good hands overall, Sims...does not. 

There’s just nothing about Sims that says he is a “poor man’s Curtis Samuel” other than that they both play slot sometimes. It’s harsh but that’s the truth. Sims may be a poor man’s Jamison Crowder at best. 

I think that there may be some truth to that comparison when you examine how Gruden used Sims in the sense that he would try to get him the ball via the run and pass game but not how Turner used Sims. 

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Well I still want Harris in at FS and JuJu at receiver. Let’s keep going Ron..:ols:

Legit question and I know it’s unlikely but if we got a LTD with Scherff which reduced cap hit this year are we still in play for any player north of $10m or are we done at that end of the market?

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

😂😂

So he should the ****ing lemon, his Cowboys have one of the worst defense in the league, can’t wait for Fitz and co to go in and torch em

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Legit question and I know it’s unlikely but if we got a LTD with Scherff which reduced cap hit this year are we still in play for any player north of $10m or are we done at that end of the market?

So he should the ****ing lemon, his Cowboys have one of the worst defense in the league, can’t wait for Fitz and co to go in and torch em

I hate to admit it but I think the Cowboy's defense is going to be much improved with Dan Quinn at the helm versus Nolan. 

Edited by Gibbsisgod2006
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Seriously....thats a little extreme don't you think?

Nah not really....the only guys that come to mind who can take it to the house any moment is Dalvin Cook and Raheem Mostert.  Other than that, it's Phillip Lindsay.

3 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

I hate to admit it but I think the Cowboy's defense is going to be much improved with Dan Quinn at he helm versus Nolan. 

Not sure I would agree.  The falcons have been almost just as bad over last couple seasons and arguably had better talent.   Pete Carroll is defense minded HC, so have to wonder how much of the Hawks defense was because of Quinn/Bradley or Carroll.  Also, they are extremely talent depleted on that side of the ball, coaching can only do so much 

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Cowboys have one of the worst defense in the league, can’t wait for Fitz and co to go in and torch em

The cowboys had one of the worst defenses in the league in 2020, we don't know what it will look like in 2021.

We had one of the worst defenses in the league in 2019 and one of the best in 2020, yes adding chase young helped but the overwhelming difference between 2019 and 2020 was coaching and I'm sure if we add a few more pieces we'll take the next step to elite because of coaching. 

We don't know for sure what Quinn will bring to the table but he does have a history of being a very good defensive coordinator and if they add a few pieces they could make a big step like we did last year.

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

A long term deal for him will likely pay for a couple more through this years cap, but that wouldn’t be wise in future years. I’d conservatively say a LTD would open up the chance for one more signing of that nature, without doubt.

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Wouldn't think they'd spend on another large contract, even if they clear up more space with LTD.  I'd imagine they'll focus now more on saving $ to have more flexibility to extend their own guys.  Jon Allen, Terry are both coming due.   Allen can prob be extended now while Terry next offseason.  

13 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I love seeing the rest of the NFCE on the other side of the equation. None of them are better than last year. And as bad as this division was that is scary as hell. 

I would say so far so good.  FA is not over and all three NFCE opponents have the opportunity to get much better having top eleven picks in the upcoming draft. 

OTOH, I was already thinking Washington has been one of the best teams in FA so far.  They will retain their all-pro guard for at least another year, they picked up a QB who is better than anyone on the roster last year, they signed the best CB available, and signed one of the best WRs.  They also got the QB, CB, and WR at very reasonable prices.  On top of that, they may not be done with FA and they too have the draft to look forward to. 

So far so good indeed with more significant bites at the apple!

• Like 2