Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So which of this year's draft-declared Monarchs is most likely to follow in Heinicke's footsteps to the Hall of Fame ?

As you probably know, ODU did not play any games last year due to Covid, and 2019 was a 1-11 disaster. So -- really hard to say that anybody will be drafted this year. If I had to pick one, I would go with LB Jordan Young, but frankly, in my opinion that is a stretch just due to circumstances and nothing to show from 2020.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

2019 was a 1-11 disaster.

I didn't really follow them in 2019.

But I can only assume that Taylor Heinicke's younger brother, Todd Heinicke, played one game that year, which was a win, probably by a 42 point margin.

And the younger Heinicke was hurt during the 11 games they lost in 2019

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I didn't really follow them in 2019.

But I can only assume that Taylor Heinicke's younger brother, Todd Heinicke, played one game that year, which was a win, probably by a 42 point margin.

And the younger Heinicke was hurt during the 11 games they lost in 2019

Yeah, dislocated his shoulder diving for the pylon and the TD. He shrugged it off and finished the game throwing for four more TDs. After X-rays, they realized he needed surgery, and he was out for the rest of the season. ☹️

• Like 1

I like the Curtis Samuel signing and I hope his best football is ahead of him.  He is exactly the kind of speed merchant receiver we need.  I think signing him to this deal >> drafting Kadarius Toney because Toney is a project who'll take years to get to where Samuel is today, he had injury issues his first three years at Florida, and he supposedly is more passionate about his music career than he is about football.

We desperately need an upgrade capable of booting Steven Sims off the roster.  Samuel is an interesting slot weapon who adds all kinds of levels to our passing game and he is also only 24 years old and he's coming off an 8 AV season  which is better than any other receiver we had last year.  It all adds up.  This is the best free agency move we've made, and we can call it a day and focus on getting an ltd done with Scherff and Allen and go out and be aggressive in the draft.

• Like 4

I'm waiting on another DB to hop on the 1-year deal train. I feel like this defense is a gold-mine for a DB looking to get a contract next year. Anthony Harris? Tre Boston? (Both had down years, this would be Darby all over again IMO)

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm waiting on another DB to hop on the 1-year deal train. I feel like this defense is a gold-mine for a DB looking to get a contract next year. Anthony Harris? Tre Boston? (Both had down years, this would be Darby all over again IMO)

Agreed, got to think FS brought in at some stage.

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m calling it now, we’ll have three prime time games on the schedule after none last year.

On behalf of all UK and Europe based WFT fans, I sincerely hope not. Primetime games are the worst.

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, gooseneck said:

do we have a cap update?

Must be at the 16-18mil range maybe, based on what we know anyway. Still a bit of headroom to move, plus we have a couple of contract on the books we can look into. So all looking good.

• Like 1

Seriously good news about Curtis Samuel brilliant by Ron and the Marty’s to get it done and a decent deal financially too

Still need one more imo, greedy? You bet but you can never stock up on too many weapons I’d personally like to see

#1 McLaurin

#2 Samuel

#3 FA Vet or Top 3 rounds draft pick

#4 Cam Sims

#5 AGG or Harmon

Steve Sims to leave hasn’t kicked on as we’d have hoped and couldn’t catch Covid on punt returns

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We’re going to be a popular “side team” interest for many NFL fans this year given our defense and Fitzpatrick. We’re just going to be a fun team for a lot of people, likable like a poor man’s Bills, and it provides a great opportunity to repair our reputation around the league and among the NFL fanbase as a whole. We could start to re-write our own story this year folks, if they actually play tough every week again, like last season but with more firepower this time. 

I’m calling it now, we’ll have three prime time games on the schedule after none last year.

I agree. Especially with the first place schedule, TTFKATR will be playing a murderers row of star QB-led teams this year.

29 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Seriously good news about Curtis Samuel brilliant by Ron and the Marty’s to get it done and a decent deal financially too

Still need one more imo, greedy? You bet but you can never stock up on too many weapons I’d personally like to see

#1 McLaurin

#2 Samuel

#3 FA Vet or Top 3 rounds draft pick

#4 Cam Sims

#5 AGG or Harmon

Steve Sims to leave hasn’t kicked on as we’d have hoped and couldn’t catch Covid on punt returns

not greedy at all, feels like the door is open to get another receiver in, so I say get it done. End of the day Terry Mc will get paid here, he knows that, so it’s all good. 

• Like 1