Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The article I just read on it says it was a locker room fight involving a knife....says nothing about a rape?

And the dude who pulled the knife is the one who is suing. The judge almost dismissed it outright a while ago. I am not taking any sides. If they do their research and are OK with him I hope they take him at 19 if he is still there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He's raw as ****.

I like him quite a bit, actually. But he was a "Viper" in Michigan. Which is essentially a combination OLB/Safety. His collegiate body of work is more similar to JOK in this draft than it was a 4-2 inside backer. He is learning. He has potential.

I wouldn't count on him to start for us. 

Holcomb is the best bet on the roster. He has everything you want and he started to play better downhill last year. So hopefully he gets even better with it this year. But based on his play last year he would grade out pretty good but he just wasn't aggressive in run fills and teams gashed us because our backers just didn't do it. 

JHC is a wild card but you can't count on him. We need at least one backer this year. And a good one.

See my above post

Speaking of Michigan LB's lol...You don't ever mention their MLB the past couple years Cameron McGrone. He player Mike and seemed pretty good especially with blitzing and decent in coverage and has the speed and size isn't bad. No go for him, feel like a good 3rd round option?

I saw Monte Rice ran over a 4.8 in his workout, too bad he couldn't have gotten that down some

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I've never seen this index before but it looks good.

I love seeing the rest of the NFCE on the other side of the equation. None of them are better than last year. And as bad as this division was that is scary as hell. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Speaking of Michigan LB's lol...You don't ever mention their MLB the past couple years Cameron McGrone. He player Mike and seemed pretty good especially with blitzing and decent in coverage and has the speed and size isn't bad. No go for him, feel like a good 3rd round option?

I saw Monte Rice ran over a 4.8 in his workout, too bad he couldn't have gotten that down some

I don’t love him. I don’t think he has the sideline to sideline chops and I’m not big on his coverage. He is good downhill but I don’t like his coverage for a 4-2 inside. I’d like him

more as a true Mike.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

WR is not a huge need any more but would still like to see a late round WR that can return punts in the draft while learning the position.

Not a huge need, but still a big need IMO. Im never going to forget how dreadful our offense was. I want another 2 weapons, TE & #2 WR. Doesnt have to be this week. We can address other bigger needs. But when the season starts, I want our offense to be a topic of discussion. We took a big step today putting Samuels with McLaurin.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How the heck are we above the Patriots who literally spent like a half a billion lolol

They judge it by the gap of the roster before and after.  Fitz is a big part of it.  They rated our QBs really low.  Also PFF is big on CBs.   then you upgrade from one of the better slot WRs to one of the worst.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I don’t love him. I don’t think he has the sideline to sideline chops and I’m not big on his coverage. He is good downhill but I don’t like his coverage for a 4-2 inside. I’d like him

more as a true Mike.

Really? I thought his speed wasn't that bad, actually a plus for him. His potential intrigues me, feels he needs more reps like so many of the kids after this crap year. I blame mcqueen for opening my eyes to him a few weeks back

3 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Not a huge need, but still a big need IMO. Im never going to forget how dreadful our offense was. I want another 2 weapons, TE & #2 WR. Doesnt have to be this week. We can address other bigger needs. But when the season starts, I want our offense to be a topic of discussion. We took a big step today putting Samuels with McLaurin.......

Our number 2 outside will be clearing zones and setting picks more than anything else next year. Sims is perfectly capable of that. And he can get you a first down every now and then as well. 

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

A+ offseason so far.  A+

Sadly, we have more of those than Lombardi trophies.  Heck*, probably more offseason championships under Snyder than  all postseason appearances combined before him.

*Do we really still have to say "heck" instead of the real H word?

• Thanks 1

We’re going to be a popular “side team” interest for many NFL fans this year given our defense and Fitzpatrick. We’re just going to be a fun team for a lot of people, likable like a poor man’s Bills, and it provides a great opportunity to repair our reputation around the league and among the NFL fanbase as a whole. We could start to re-write our own story this year folks, if they actually play tough every week again, like last season but with more firepower this time. 

I’m calling it now, we’ll have three prime time games on the schedule after none last year.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1