Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I guess the other option would be to look and see if Landon Collins could make the switch. I think he'd be great against the run and fine as a blitzer, but I think his liabilities in pass coverage as a safety would still be liabilities in pass coverage as a nicklebacker.

He actually addressed this idea himself today on social media and said “not gonna happen”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Off field stuff. But if he is there at 19 I am taking him. Way too much talent to pass on that late in the first. 

If Parsons makes it to the 14th pick, I hope we try to trade up for him. If we got him, he would have the career with us that LaVar was suppose to have. We have a coaching staff that would use him correctly. Not holding my breath on that happening, but I would go ape **** if we got him on this defense....

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Question for you KDawg, how good is our LB we drafted from Michigan last year that played towards the end of the season? Is he a prospect to get better and contribute consistently?

He's raw as ****.

I like him quite a bit, actually. But he was a "Viper" in Michigan. Which is essentially a combination OLB/Safety. His collegiate body of work is more similar to JOK in this draft than it was a 4-2 inside backer. He is learning. He has potential.

I wouldn't count on him to start for us. 

Holcomb is the best bet on the roster. He has everything you want and he started to play better downhill last year. So hopefully he gets even better with it this year. But based on his play last year he would grade out pretty good but he just wasn't aggressive in run fills and teams gashed us because our backers just didn't do it. 

JHC is a wild card but you can't count on him. We need at least one backer this year. And a good one.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Cole played pretty damn well last year. The shelf isnt completely bare. 

See my above post

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

When Ron said there were "a few guys we'd like to get in immediately" before FA, you gotta think he and the Marty's went 3 for 3.  FitzMagic, WJ3, Samuel. Wow!

Yeah. They said they had two must get targets. I am guessing they were Fitz and Curtis. They nailed who they wanted I would think. 

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Miller is back to be the banger this year I think.

Miller is back to be the vet who gets cut in favor of a rookie after serving his purpose—aka making young guys earn their spot over a respected guy who knows how to work in the league and sets an example during training camp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He actually addressed this idea himself today on social media and said “not gonna happen”

I don't know if he is saying this because of conversations he's had with the team, but it strikes me wrong. Strikes me as entitled. I think Kurl outplayed him by a mile. If Collins' is a team guy his quote ought to be "Wherever they need me, whatever they need me to do... I will."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

There's a boat load of Harmon talk on his thread.  He's a big dude with glue for hands that runs like a snail.  His ACL tear didn't help his inability to get off the line. Last week he tweeted a vid of him running air routes like a penguin.  He'll be lucky to make the roster and wouldn't be a surprise cut.

Here's him running a go route.

giphy.gif

Don't underestimate the creativity of Scott Turner, and his ability to dial up Special Penguin Passing Routes

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Miller is back to be the vet who gets cut in favor of a rookie after serving his purpose—aka making young guys earn their spot over a respected guy who knows how to work in the league and sets an example during training camp.

Lol. You ignored the rest of my post. I said he was completely replaceable with a rookie if you a good one falls to you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is it really THAT much more shocking and horrific than if it had been a woman accuser? Not to be crude, but I assume you’ve heard of prison rape? Rape is not always about attraction, it is about power over another person for some sickos. Obviously let’s hope the accusation isn’t true at all.

No excuses. You are, of course, right.

Bad is bad. Rape is reprehensible. It should end there.

Sorry if my post came across as insensitive or intolerant. I was just caught off guard and expressed myself poorly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If they draft him at all I would think they’ve done EXTENSIVE due diligence already. So, because of that I’d be excited about him if we drafted him. Otherwise I think they stay FAR away from him

28 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

As to the Samuel signing, I’m glad we didn’t settle on a 1 yr deal for a WR.

I think we still need one.  Would prefer Samuel as more of a slot guy than primarily lining up outside.   Like how he was used in Carolina with Anderson and Moore.  I dont really wanna see Cam Sims as true #2 week in and week out.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lovi said:

If they draft him at all I would think they’ve done EXTENSIVE due diligence already. So, because of that I’d be excited about him if we drafted him. Otherwise I think they stay FAR away from him

The article I just read on it says it was a locker room fight involving a knife....says nothing about a rape?

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't know if he is saying this because of conversations he's had with the team, but it strikes me wrong. Strikes me as entitled. I think Kurl outplayed him by a mile. If Collins' is a team guy his quote ought to be "Wherever they need me, whatever they need me to do... I will."

I don’t know, I don’t really agree with that in every situation. It’s his body and career. Hypothetically—He’s coming off of an injury and the team he signed with to play the position he’s played his whole life wants him to bulk up and put an extra 20+ lbs onto his recently injured body to transition to a new, completely different position, thus altering his career trajectory when he’s already got plenty of guaranteed money to play safety? Nah, most players aren’t doing that no matter how big a team player they are. It’s not really a reasonable ask unless you’re dealing with a fringe NFL player who is doing everything he can to make it onto a roster in this league.

A Lorenzo Alexander type is a great story, but he only changed position a million times to fight and stick in this league until he could leverage an opportunity to play his preferred position for good and make real money—and once he could, that’s what he did for the rest of his career. Guys who are good enough at their position don’t just change position to be a team player—so while Collins isn’t good enough to please us, he’s still an NFL caliber SS on a nice contract that he earned at that position.

Its all hypothetical because he was just responding to a fan asking if he would play LB. And I get not loving the attitude of the response. But imagine being a professional, no matter how overrated, who earned a $75M contract or whatever at your position and having random fans suggest you learn a totally different position that requires reshaping your body. It’s kind of absurd when you think about it, proposing that to someone who is at least a middling player, rather than a scrub just trying to make it.

• Like 1