Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Think about how much fun Chase Young is going to have with this offense!!!!

He's going to be pointing out all the jerseys we want to buy. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, KDawg said:

Linebacker is going to be a serious issue that many are overlooking (but many are totally seeing as well). 

FS is another area I worry about. 

I’m not worried about FS. I think it is likely Boston ends up here but yes LB is scary

3 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Wait what? Are you serious?

This does not compute.

Did they have a female punter or something???

Nope. The accusation is pretty disturbing. There are character concerns with him on top of it as well. Hopefully those accusations are false. 

• Thanks 1

I like the Curtis signing for three reasons and the third might be the most important: 

1) We needed a productive second receiver

2) We needed more speed at receiver

3) We got a receiver who should hit the ground running because he knows the system that Turner runs. Low learning curve.

• Like 6

Just now, Burgold said:

I like the Curtis signing for three reasons and the third might be the most important: 

1) We needed a productive second receiver

2) We needed more speed at receiver

3) We got a receiver who should hit the ground running because he knows the system that Turner runs. Low learning curve.

And he can literally hit the ground running... He had over 40 carries last year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Linebacker is going to be a serious issue that many are overlooking (but many are totally seeing as well). 

FS is another area I worry about. 

Thing about LB is that I’m confident that JDR and RR can identify exactly what they are looking for and can make an under the radar signing or draft pick to address it.  I’ll stay patient on that front.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Thing about LB is that I’m confident that JDR and RR can identify exactly what they are looking for and can make an under the radar signing or draft pick to address it.  I’ll stay patient on that front.

I'm not. They signed Thomas Davis and Bostic last year.

I think they know what they're looking for, for sure. But I don't know if they can get what they want to get. They need a 4-2 inside that can run and cover and plays downhill. It's a tough skillset to pluck off the scrap heap. 

Zaven Collins is a prototype for that. Pete Werner is as well. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

Might be off topic but why is Micah Parsons dropping in the mocks?  he was always in the top 10 now im seeing him more in the 15 to 20 range

Off field stuff. But if he is there at 19 I am taking him. Way too much talent to pass on that late in the first. 

• Thanks 1

I'm with you on linebacker though. We really need a linebacker capable of covering backs and tight ends. Plus depth. I wonder if they are targeting one more free agent or if they have their eyes on the draft. I know it's a offense heavy draft (in the first round), but surely there's at least one Monte Coleman type out there.

I guess the other option would be to look and see if Landon Collins could make the switch. I think he'd be great against the run and fine as a blitzer, but I think his liabilities in pass coverage as a safety would still be liabilities in pass coverage as a nicklebacker.

3 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

... because Troy Apke wants to know who the  second fastest guy on the team is. 😀

Meh... at sixty-one years old, Darrell Green probably still leaves them all in the dust.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Truly think QB in 1st, LOT late 1st (trade our 2022 2nd rounder) or take LOT in 2nd, then go TE with 1st or 2nd 3rd rounder.  I had a RB in my draft wish list.  Maybe in the later rounds. 

Miller is back to be the banger this year I think. When your roster looks this good though you can go BPA. If Harris or Williams is there with your second you can afford to take them. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not. They signed Thomas Davis and Bostic last year.

I think they know what they're looking for, for sure. But I don't know if they can get what they want to get. They need a 4-2 inside that can run and cover and plays downhill. It's a tough skillset to pluck off the scrap heap. 

Zaven Collins is a prototype for that. Pete Werner is as well. 

Bostic was pre-RR.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They brought him back... He was a FA last offseason.

Question for you KDawg, how good is our LB we drafted from Michigan last year that played towards the end of the season? Is he a prospect to get better and contribute consistently?

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

There's a boat load of Harmon talk on his thread.  He's a big dude with glue for hands that runs like a snail.  His ACL tear didn't help his inability to get off the line. Last week he tweeted a vid of him running air routes like a penguin.  He'll be lucky to make the roster and wouldn't be a surprise cut.

Here's him running a go route.

giphy.gif

That’s too bad! I remember there being a lot of talk about him being one of the steals of the draft. I guess any production out of him will be an unexpected bonus. Thanks for the info...I’ll have to take a look at his thread.

6 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Wow, I just can’t imagine such a thing. 

This is one messed up world.

Is it really THAT much more shocking and horrific than if it had been a woman accuser? Not to be crude, but I assume you’ve heard of prison rape? Rape is not always about attraction, it is about power over another person for some sickos. Obviously let’s hope the accusation isn’t true at all.

• Thanks 3

Offense just needs another TE now to be legit. Doesn't have to be a stud, but we literally have nobody behind Logan Thomas. If I have to see Jeremy Sprinkle drop more passes or run crap routes again I'm gonna break something.

Defense NEEDS LBs bad. I'm guessing there is someone in the draft we're gonna target, maybe even move up for.