Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

16 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

i thenk by the time all is said and done a TE and a LB will be signed

Feels like a couple of LBs are needed in the draft to me. Also LT.

I’d still be chasing JuJu and a FS. Then extend Scherff to sort the cap out.

2 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Man, I kind of wish we didnt make the playoffs last year. We would have be a prime candidate for 'Hardknocks' this season.

How entertaining would it have been with this bunch?

I have no desire to ever see us on Hard Knocks

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, carex said:

I have no desire to ever see us on Hard Knocks

Meh. I would.... Got some personalities on this team. Would love for my boys to get to see some of them up close and personal being here in Giants Country.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Man, I kind of wish we didnt make the playoffs last year. We would have be a prime candidate for 'Hardknocks' this season.

How entertaining would it have been with this bunch?

Terrible.  Why on Earth would you want to infest this locker room and the kind of team Rivera is building with that kind of public drama?  That's all it's for.  Let these men forge their team as real warriors, not Hollywood ones, do.  First you win, then you get good.  And if you get ****y and fly too close to the Sun, you crash into the sea of consequences.  I like things just as they are with this team's football management.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How the heck are we above the Patriots who literally spent like a half a billion lolol

Probably because Washington's QBs were that bad last year. You look at who lost the most and its New Orleans (Brees) and Detroit (Stafford). Fitzpatrick aint on their level, but when you have terrible QBs, there's nowhere to go but up!

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I'm not. They signed Thomas Davis and Bostic last year.

I think they know what they're looking for, for sure. But I don't know if they can get what they want to get. They need a 4-2 inside that can run and cover and plays downhill. It's a tough skillset to pluck off the scrap heap. 

Zaven Collins is a prototype for that. Pete Werner is as well. 

If they don't end up getting serious help at LB in FA, I'm guessing its  because they have a few linebackers they really like in the draft and have a strategy to make sure they get one of them.  Werner, Cox, Zaven could all be on the radar, and maybe a few other gems we dont know about. 

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Probably because Washington's QBs were that bad last year. You look at who lost the most and its New Orleans (Brees) and Detroit (Stafford). Fitzpatrick aint on their level, but when you have terrible QBs, there's nowhere to go but up!

I think PFF rankings focus on the relative impact of certain positions. QB has the most impact followed (not necessarily in order) by cover corner, big play receiver, and edge rusher.

We improved our WAR by adding top free agents to our starting roster at three of the four most important positions.

3 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I think PFF rankings focus on the relative impact of certain positions. QB has the most impact followed (not necessarily in order) by cover corner, big play receiver, and edge rusher.

We improved our WAR by adding top free agents to our starting roster at three of the four most important positions.

That's true too, QB is weighted more than other positions. But it does not hurt QB was so bad last year. 

• Thanks 1