Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.23.05 AM.png

So Boston after the draft but looking for at other S's now?  Looking for a starting TE, LB and depth at LB and OL now.  Is that what your getting out of Keim. SIP?

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

So Boston after the draft but looking for at other S's now?  Looking for a starting TE, LB and depth at LB and OL now.  Is that what your getting out of Keim. SIP?

We have a very good starting TE. We are looking for a TE who is a vertical threat... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Could we be waiting for Zack Erts to be released by the Eagles, not sure I would like it but seems plausible with not signing TE yet?. 

That was kind of implied on here the other day, not sure we want his level of contract at TE on the books, but don’t know. Feels like TE in the draft to pair with Thomas is sufficient now given our upgrade at receiver.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I haven’t watched those guys enough in the pros to give any real analysis from what I’ve seen, especially with Mosley not playing last season. 

The 4-2 inside guys have to be able to cover and play the run. They don’t have to be perfect, but they have to be able to range.

Holcomb possesses the entire skill set but he just doesn’t get downhill on run and fill the gaps like you’d want. But those are the kind of backers you want... guys like Holcomb. Can be a touch slower if they fill hard and get to drops/coverage assignments. But they have to play with instincts. 

They are more like dudes who play OLB but can thump for an “easy” description. That’s why I don’t think JOK is a fit for us in the least at the ILB but would fit well as an outside the box edge defender. Doesn’t have the size or contact affection.

Guys like Zaven Collins are literally the epitome of what you want from a 4-2 inside in my opinion. Holcomb, if he gets downhill more... which is a major issue... is another guy. 

We add one solid ILB and I’m okay. I still don’t love the LB group but I’m a lot more comfortable. 

Got it. Thank you! 

Will be interesting to see who they feel comfortable with in FA and draft. I still find myself drawn to Zaven and Cox but I get even more our emphasis on Werner who is the farthest thing from a sexy pick lol. 

t

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Got it. Thank you! 

Will be interesting to see who they feel comfortable with in FA and draft. I still find myself drawn to Zaven and Cox but I get even more our emphasis on Werner who is the farthest thing from a sexy pick lol. 

t

It's exactly why I like Pete Werner. He is perfect for what we want. I've seen posts to the contrary but aside from one game (I believe it was Penn State? Trying to remember but I've watched so much film the last few weeks I get some teams mixed :ols: ) he is aggressive, times blitzes well, flows downhill, gets into his drops and is outstanding sideline to sideline. 

If we somehow came away with Zaven and Werner in the same draft I'd probably die of happiness/disbelief that I was so far bought into the offseason. :ols:

Zaven + Werner/Holcomb with JHC and Hudson as developmental/depth is SO much better than what we had last year. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's exactly why I like Pete Werner. He is perfect for what we want. I've seen posts to the contrary but aside from one game (I believe it was Penn State? Trying to remember but I've watched so much film the last few weeks I get some teams mixed :ols: ) he is aggressive, times blitzes well, flows downhill, gets into his drops and is outstanding sideline to sideline. 

If we somehow came away with Zaven and Werner in the same draft I'd probably die of happiness/disbelief that I was so far bought into the offseason. :ols:

Zaven + Werner/Holcomb with JHC and Hudson as developmental/depth is SO much better than what we had last year. 

Wow imagine those 2 plus a Hooker/Harris or even Boston added!!!

I have a hard time seeing more than one LB taken in the 1st 3 rounds. They really need to settle in on adding a FA.

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We have a very good starting TE. We are looking for a TE who is a vertical threat... 

Seems sparse on FA TEs from the pool I've seen so is there one available other than Rudolph?

1 minute ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Fair play to Trent for getting his, but I don’t care how good you are $32.4m for a tackle in one season is ridiculous, glad it’s not with us that’s for sure

they must have decided its easier to pay him to protect their fragile QB than to replace him 

They will probably regret the size of the contract down the line

• Like 2

So, this is a strange coincidence...I’m on FB, and on JP Finlays post about Curtis Samuel coming to DC, one of the comments is “i think it moved!”

now, I’m like “huh....that was a thread back in January, the day after our playoff loss”. So i ask If he’s from ES. Turns out, he is, however he hasn’t been on in a long while, so he doesn’t know what thread I’m referencing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Morrissey1972 said:

Ahhh....free agency. Every Washington fans favorite time of year. Blow up the top end here, and open up the underneath there....add this piece in the middle and hope that player b rebounds from his slump! Bam! Playoffs! 

...the air is electric! 

I don’t see this at all from pretty much anyone.

And who is the “hope player b rebounds” in this scenario? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t see this at all from pretty much anyone.

And who is the “hope player b rebounds” in this scenario? 

Haskins? 😂

In all seriousness, I think Rivera and Co is trying to address the glaring holes in free agency so that they can take BPA approach in the draft.  If they can add a good LB, I think they have largely done that (FS too, but feels like LB is a more glaring hole, whereas push comes to shove, I guess we roll with Reaves).

My question on safety though, there's no way of moving Collins or Curl to FS right?  And I can't envision not starting Curl with the rookie year he had unless he really regresses.  Does that mean Collins is likely out?

45 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Fair play to Trent for getting his, but I don’t care how good you are $32.4m for a tackle in one season is ridiculous, glad it’s not with us that’s for sure

Looks like this is essentially a 3 year deal. After year 2 they can decide to pickup the remaining or let him walk after year 3.