Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

I still think Washington picks up a FS, one LB, and a TE at a minimum. The TE is likely back-up quality, but at least a competent player. The position needs at least something tangible behind Thomas and can't just rely on just a rookie. At Fs, I know the team whiffed on Sean Davis, but there has to be some plan there beyond rookie draft pick. And LB just needs so much help that even some draft picks won't cure it.

11 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Just an FYI we are contractually obligated to be on hard knocks, only a matter of time 

Unless something has changed I don't think that's  necessarily true.

https://www.nfl.com/news/owners-pass-hard-knocks-rule-at-nfl-fall-meeting-0ap2000000259014

The league still will ask for volunteers. If one is not forthcoming, a team will be appointed. All organizations will be eligible with the exception of those that have a first-year head coach; teams that have made the playoffs in at least one of the last two seasons; and teams that have participated in the previous 10 seasons

• Like 2

This is probably a dumb question but why are playoff teams automatically protected from being on Hard Knocks? 

I would be interested in seeing a team like the defending champion Bucs or Andy Reid’s Chef’s on the show. Much more than another bottom feeding mess of a team.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

That's one way to do it but I'd rather win with Fitz or Heiny....or Fitz and Heiny....it would feel more  like we built it.

**** that, I want us to win the big one again lol. We will know by the end of the coming season if Heinicke is a franchise guy or not. 

We're looking like perfect candidates for a QB twilight tour to me. Jordan Love might be ready next year and if we could get Rodgers.... holy cow. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

**** that, I want us to win the big one again lol. We will know by the end of the coming season if Heinicke is a franchise guy or not. 

We're looking like perfect candidates for a QB twilight tour to me. Jordan Love might be ready next year and if we could get Rodgers.... holy cow. 

Right now we have too many holes (they will be filled), but by then, our defense will almost certainly be stronger than any that Rodgers has ever had to work with. That plus more opportunities to improve on our offensive talent...yeah, we'll be good. Really good.

9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

With the way Rodgers is still playing it’s probably more likely that we get Jordan Love. I don’t see them letting Rodgers go. 

1 hour ago, boston skins fan said:

been trying to post this for 15 min but my dumb ass cant figure out how to embed a tweet

FYI you just paste it then hit enter to go to the next line a few times. You should see it embed in the preview before you submit so you will know when you got it. 

14 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

This is probably a dumb question but why are playoff teams automatically protected from being on Hard Knocks? 

I would be interested in seeing a team like the defending champion Bucs or Andy Reid’s Chef’s on the show. Much more than another bottom feeding mess of a team.

Not sure myself but I think it’s considered a “reward”. Every Team, GM/Coach seems to look at Hard Knocks as a distraction and as secretive as most organizations are it’s not too surprising teams management isn’t interested in exposing anything.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Unless something has changed I don't think that's  necessarily true.

https://www.nfl.com/news/owners-pass-hard-knocks-rule-at-nfl-fall-meeting-0ap2000000259014

so, unless we volunteer we're safe until 2023

20 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

it's a reward for being successful

• Thanks 1

Say Fitzwashington gives us average, starting-caliber QB play.  As a baseline.  Not as "look, football gods, that's *all* I beg of you for, please!!!"  Keep Scherff (making that baseline "baseline" and not "thank you, jesus"), add Samuels, and Jackson vs. Darby.  Chase (D) is no longer a rookie (and Chase (O) has some respect to live up to), Thomas turned the corner.  McLaurin will be healthy.  Gibson starts as the undisputed #1.  And worst thing, Landon Collins gets used on plays he can make a difference in.  Bonus feelz with S'iq Chuck coming back and our backup C and backup G too.  The draft is now the equivalent of playing with the house money.  Baseline mediocre (meaning occasional good-greats) starting QB play + 6th best OL + Gibson + McSam + D missing only 2 LBs and FS = BPA with the picks but if Zavon is there, biggest impact pick the team could make.  He is the difference between a great bend-but-don't-break team (like last year's WFT) and a great F-you-3-and-out, every time, is the right amount of MLB.  Sort of like the safety of the front  7, especially the DL.  They all have great pursuit abilities, so if they know they have a MLB who's going to, at worst, slow the ballcarrier down enough, they have enough whateveryou'dcallit to "weight" a little more of their "move" to rushing the passer/run blitzing/just being really aggressive.  That gets you 3-and-out and big plays.  But after him (if he's there), just go BPA.  The team is already SB competitive (not worthy, but competitive), so get "greedy" but be smart about it.  House money.  

Just now, Spearfeather said:

At the very least.

I wonder what they'll do if there's ever a year where every team is protected from being forced.  There's 14 playoff spots, say 20 different teams qualified over two years, six teams changed coaches and the other six had been on there in the previous ten years

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe the Samuel signing, along with their Buckeye background, will make it easier to get McLaurin to extend

Only way Mclaurin extends is if Heiny throws him 15tds this year......bank that Malo man!🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, carex said:

I wonder what they'll do if there's ever a year where every team is protected from being forced.  There's 14 playoff spots, say 20 different teams qualified over two years, six teams changed coaches and the other six had been on there in the previous ten years

Good  question.

5 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

D'Wayne Eskridge

Won't be available late. Probably 2nd round. But I'm a big fan. He's more of a slot guy though, right? I like Samuel in the slot, so I'd probably lean towards another WR that early in the draft. I'd like to see us grab Nico in the 4th, but not sure he'd still be there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duffy said:

Won't be available late. Probably 2nd round. But I'm a big fan. He's more of a slot guy though, right? I like Samuel in the slot, so I'd probably lean towards another WR that early in the draft. I'd like to see us grab Nico in the 4th, but not sure he'd still be there. 

I was definitely thinking of him in the slot. We have two thirds. If he is still available. maybe we should get him. He would make the race to see who is the fastest receiver really interesting.

• Like 1