Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

38 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

I am a Mac Jones guy too and if he fell to 19 I think they should take him.  But I think this is very unlikely.   As far as trading draft capital for him or Lance, at this point, I am skeptical.

Getting FItz changed the situation for me.  He is different type of player then most of the other guys they were looking at in  FA or trade.   Most of those guys were reclamation type projects stop gaps or guys with potential who might need a second chance, guys who would come in and compete with Allen and Taylor but have no serious expectations.

Fitzpatrick is a different animal. I expect him to have to compete just like anyone else, but he is much more of a win now type of guy because he is playing his best football right now.  His window to be great might actually be next year and thats it. But how good can he be?   Whats promising, is that he has it in him.  He has shown on many occasions that he can play at a very high level and it might be worth it to see what he can do with a full draft slate of talent added to the team.   If he fails then maybe they are back to square one but they might have a higher pick to show for it.

I'd rather have Mac Jones or Trey.  JMO.  :)  Respect and Understand your point though. :)

4 minutes ago, deepo11 said:

Not sure I would agree.  The falcons have been almost just as bad over last couple seasons and arguably had better talent.   Pete Carroll is defense minded HC, so have to wonder how much of the Hawks defense was because of Quinn/Bradley or Carroll.  Also, they are extremely talent depleted on that side of the ball, coaching can only do so much 

Quinn is a better than Nolan; additionally, the Cowboys have had much better talent on Defense than the Falcons. Look at the linebacking corp for Dallas it is much better, their front 4 is much better than Atlanta. I also think Atlanta suffered a lot of injuries and poor defensive drafting as well. 

20 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

How convinced are you that Curl is?

Much more than Collins. 

If either of them will break out and show potential it’s Collins. But he’s gone as soon as his dead cap isn’t more than the actual hit. So even if he’s great, he’s likely gone. Not affordable.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

I hate to admit it but I think the Cowboy's defense is going to be much improved with Dan Quinn at the helm versus Nolan. 

I'd agree just on the fact that it could not get much worse.

If Quinn gets his players to actually chase guys instead of watching OBJs run wild 20 yards behind the LOS, you'll see an improvement in overall D.

With no real additions to the D talent however, its not like they will be good. Combined with a O that will put up points, you have a recipe for another year where that D is hung out to dry by facing Os that know they need to be in attack mode.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'd rather have Mac Jones or Trey.  JMO.  :)  Respect and Understand your point though. :)

I would too, definitely.   Fitz would make me a lot more conservative in what I would be willing to give up, but if it makes sense they should still go for them.   

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'd agree just on the fact that it could not get much worse.

If Quinn gets his players to actually chase guys instead of watching OBJs run wild 20 yards behind the LOS, you'll see an improvement in overall D.

With no real additions to the D talent however, its not like they will be good. Combined with a O that will put up points, you have a recipe for another year where that D is hung out to dry by facing Os that know they need to be in attack mode.

I actually think with someone like Quinn they have enough talent in their front seven where you will be able to see improvement. Im not saying that they will be a top 5 defense but I think they will be middle of the pack which with given their offense that is all they will need in my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

I hate to admit it but I think the Cowboy's defense is going to be much improved with Dan Quinn at the helm versus Nolan. 

Quinn is a great DC. But you can only do so much with the trash players they have on that side of the ball. They will have to score 40 per week to win. Which that offense is certainly capable of doing. But not against our defense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

great move by them, we should be having that conversation.

Mclaurin, Samuel, Smith-Schuster, great trio and all mid 20s in age as well. 

I don't think it's a fit. JuJu and Samuel can play both slot and outside, but both excel in the slot. So having both would be redundant and one of them would be playing slightly out of position.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

There are two milestones in every offseason signaling a different stage in the season. The first is Tre Boston being released signaling free agency. The second is Reuben Foster going on IR signaling pre-season. Am I missing any?

Yes...Mel Kiper and the draft of course. 

Very happy with the off-season so far, adding a:

QB

CB1

WR2

Add two more starters at LB and FS, and that's an A+ for me.

With Fitzmagic, the need for a great LT is lessened, but I do think their first round choice will be there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Very happy with the off-season so far, adding a:

QB

CB1

WR2

Add two more starters at LB and FS, and that's an A+ for me.

With Fitzmagic, the need for a great LT is lessened, but I do think their first round choice will be there.

I do hope Charles gets his act (and his health) together enough to fill some future role. I don't really care if it is at guard or tackle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I don't think it's a fit. JuJu and Samuel can play both slot and outside, but both excel in the slot. So having both would be redundant and one of them would be playing slightly out of position.

Juju is likely looking for 1 year only, which obviously also makes it tougher to do cap wise.  Harris likely could still work with a William Jackson like deal.  We'd have a really $$ secondary (both in play skill and cap cost). 

Say Juju gets 1/15, that would be really hard to fit with Harris even if Scherff signed LTD and dropped ~8 mill hit. 

If we're still looking WR, and they (edit: they being WR/agents) are only willing to do a 1 year deal, Fuller at ~12 would be target.  Yeah he might be hurt more, but I think those 3 make more sense together.

Edited by jsharrin55

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

There are two milestones in every offseason signaling a different stage in the season. The first is Tre Boston being released signaling free agency. The second is Reuben Foster going on IR signaling pre-season. Am I missing any?

Tre Boston is a good one but I'd go with the Bears making a WTF QB signing as the signal free agency has started.  

21 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think he’d be a great acquisition, but it’s not happening anyway I would guess.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know much about him.  His PFF scores indicate he's awful against the run but good against the pass

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 10.21.25 AM.png

yes, a linebacker that is horrendous against the run... where do I sign up? :ols:

I’m with you: run defense seems absolutely horrendous. But hey, at least he can pass drop.

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

phillip lindsay nfl GIF by Broncos

I can't believe the Broncos let the kid go.  I would be all over us bringing in Lindsay.  I think he's the most explosive back in the league.

He’s one of those guys who is totally ineffective on 29 of 30 carries but breaks one to make him fantasy relevant. That quality is a great one to have but not for what he is likely to make.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I do hope Charles gets his act (and his health) together enough to fill some future role. I don't really care if it is at guard or tackle.

For sure. 

I think with where the WFT pick is in the first (19) and the talent available, you'll see the BPA there. Charles then will be competing for the LG spot both short and long-term. 

More and more, it's looking like OT v CB v MLB in the first. In that order. 

33 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We'll see how the draft plays out. I think the Samuel signing means we can wait on WR a bit, maybe Round 3 ... or maybe not at all (if the staff likes what Harmon/AGG/Sims provide on the outside?

Something Cooley has said several times is he thinks Harmon actually could be a really good H-back for them.  I wonder if they think that?  He thinks pre-injury, Harmon was a very good blocker, and ran good routes, and had the size to be a complementary H-back type.

It's going to be very interesting to see how they use Curtis Samuel, because he can operate from anywhere, outside, slot, backfield. 

I could see them lining up with Terry and Cam Sims on the outside, putting Samuel in the slot, and then having some combination of Gibby, Logan, McKissic and Harmon as the remaining 2.  You could do a lot of things out of that formation.  You could also flip Cam and go Terry + Samual at WR, Logan + Harmon at TE/H-back, and Gibby at RB, and that could be very interesting.

I think Scott Turner really likes guys that can do a lot of things.  Harmon seems like a guy who can do that because he has size and can block.  

Which is not to say they won't look for other TE options, but I do wonder if Harmond might play some role in that, if not as a true TE, but a H-Back type that can block and is a pretty good WR for that type of position.  

I think the Samuel signing is worst for AGG, especially after the team picked up the option on Cam.  AGG enters as the 4th WR at a minimum, and is going to be fighting for playing time.  He's going to have to beat out Cam Sims to have any real shot at playing.  I'm assuming S. Sims is going to be cut.  I don't know about Wright and some of the other young guys.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

What is SFA for Alex Smith?  

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them bring back Moreau at a minimum deal.  

And if Kerrigan goes another couple weeks with no contract, he could re-sign for a very low price.  If nobody is going to pay him as a starter, and he has to take a vet minimum type deal, I'm pretty sure Ron would have him back to keep in the rotation.  

I can't see any of the others even in a "bring back" conversation.  

• Like 1