Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

17 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:
16 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Leno, McClain, Fitz, Samuel, Jackson...that’s an impressive pile of ****.

Man, our FA class from this year looks like absolute ****.  

All of these guys brought in by the Matrys who Rivera wanted to work with instead of Kyle Smith.  Sometimes continuity is better than familiarity.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd trust the process.  I bet Dan is scouting the QB class as we speak.  😀. All he wants to do is win.  He's a fan just like us.  

Weird... I just posted the same stuff at the same time in the QB thread that Dan was scouting QB already lol!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

DeAndre Carter seems like our best signing this offseason. Humphries isn’t bad. 

I think we’ve identified that this staff is very good at finding hidden gems (last year’s FA class + Carter) or signings in general at bargain prices (Leno). They should continue sticking with that strategy

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 9:38 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, our FA class from this year looks like absolute ****.  

Also add in the fact they did nothing outside of drafting Jamin Davis to address the LB position. They have gotten lucky as hell that Landon looks somewhat decent at LB since the move. Otherwise....gross.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, method man said:

I think we’ve identified that this staff is very good at finding hidden gems (last year’s FA class + Carter) or signings in general at bargain prices (Leno). They should continue sticking with that strategy

Kind of reminds me of Casserly. Casserly was not a great GM, but he knew how to find Plan B free agents. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

DeAndre Carter seems like our best signing this offseason. Humphries isn’t bad. 

Ricky Seal-Jones has to be in the conversation for second best off season signing (after Leno).  He had that nice catch yesterday called back on the holding call.

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Ricky Seal-Jones has to be in the conversation for second best off season signing (after Leno).  He had that nice catch yesterday called back on the holding call.

Yup. He's been quality.

I haven't been as impressed with Leno as others, but he's at worst been moderately decent.

So 4 of the FAs we signed are okay.

Yeah, after all of the moves this past offseason and money spent, this team is worse from a personnel standpoint than a year ago, and its going to get worse next year when we let a couple more good players leave.  Thats what happens when the coaches and the front office are arrogant enough to say "we can replace whomever, find someone else to fill that spot".  When you find players that work well you keep them, and our very expensive failing secondary is showing why cant just plug and play.  So far Mayhew etc get an D at best.

Leno IMO was good.  the Flowers trade very good. Seals-Jones -- good.  D. Carter good.

I never fault a team for injuries unless they pick up an injury prone player which isn't the case with both Fitzpatrick and Samuel.  That's bad luck.

William Jackson IMO a disaster.

Bobby McCain -- cheap FA but "meh"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Leno has been a solid LT. That is a total bargain for $5M. I'd try to resign before he becomes a FA. Not having LT as another hole would be great for next year

Separately, look at what the Broncos just got for Von Miller. If we are willing to pick up most of Scherff's salary for the rest of the year, I would think we can get at least a 4th for him. Galdi had a good list of players who should be up for trade the rest of the year. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, method man said:

This is just idiotic. Why does this team need another undersized back? 

I don't know but I found this picture Smallwood from the past and it cracks me up. The look on Peterson face suggests maybe Sherff farted on him. Guice can't help himself, not a photo op dummy. 

1280px-Redskins_Offense_(cropped)_2.jpg

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, method man said:

This is just idiotic. Why does this team need another undersized back? 

It feels like the team is so obsessed w/ replacing Gibby's skillset via RB by committee in the event of Gibby's injury absence, that the team neglects actually doing the things that would at least limit the likelihood of a Gibby injury in the first place. At this point its is mind-numbingly bizarre

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1