Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

10 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I feel that Tua is the clone of Heinicke minus the Alabama pedigree. Smart and mobile with good processing skill and excellent pocket awareness. Can extend plays but lacks a true NFL arm to put what he sees into action. We already have that guy and it didn't cost us picks.

I think Tua's arm is better than Heinicke's, but is on the lower end for starting QB's.  That said Tom Brady and Deshaun Watson both have arms on the lower end for NFL starters and do just fine.  I think arm strength only becomes an issue when you have somebody like Heinicke who does not really have a NFL starters arm.   Even with with that said, Heinicke can still make plays and manage and in my opinion and good enough backup to keep around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

John Keim indicated Tim Settle could be on the trading block since we have DT depth and he's coming to a contract year. I like Settle, I am not sure how i'd feel about that. 

Giants potentially shopping Jabrill Peppers..... I think we should have Collins on the trade block as well.

Hard to see anyone wanting Collins and his Cap number. It would be great to poop him out though

We'd have to give up draft picks just to have someone take Collins off our hands. He's literally negative value.

If we could get a 3rd or something for Settle I'd jump on it. He's not coming back, he's a starting caliber DT who will get paid like one this offseason and there is no way we can justify that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

At this point, i'd get rid of Young way before Sweat. Sweat produces.

According to PFF both have been good this year but Sweat has been a little bit better.  Chase does face more double teams than Sweat.   That said the upside is definitely seems higher on Chase.   Sweat is 25, Chase is 22.   As disappointing as we are in Chase he has two sacks and would have another but for a bogus rough the passing penalty.

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We wouldn't get fair value for Sweat or Young so neither would be worth trading.

The trade Young idea is ridiculous, but Sweat has next year on a rookie deal, then will probably be gone. 

He's a good player and everyone around the league knows that. He definitely has value.

I don't think the coaches are throwing the towel in yet this season, like the fans are and I think that's the only reason he wouldn't be on the block, but if there is a team that needs a pass rusher and is looking to make a push into the post season, Sweat absolutely has value.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't think the coaches are throwing the towel in yet this season, like the fans are and I think that's the only reason he wouldn't be on the block, but if there is a team that needs a pass rusher and is looking to make a push into the post season, Sweat absolutely has value.

No towel will be thrown, but future talk, team being young, year two in the process, Fitz going down will all be mentioned at some point if not already. 

• Like 1

Looks like Houston is giving up, I wouldnt mind trading for Brandin Cooks.....only has 2.5 million on his contract if what all the heinicke hive ppl are saying that TH needs some weapons he could def be a weapon ....then we can really see if hes capable (which i dont think he is but still)

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Looks like Houston is giving up, I wouldnt mind trading for Brandin Cooks.....only has 2.5 million on his contract if what all the heinicke hive ppl are saying that TH needs some weapons he could def be a weapon ....then we can really see if hes capable (which i dont think he is but still)

Cool. Another deep threat for Heinie to underthrow. Dude has had concussion problems and the way Taylor puts his receivers in vicarious positions I don’t know if it’s in anyone’s best interest.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

When I saw the Saints traded away Ingram I thought to myself he would have been a good add with Gibson having more injury issues. I had already been watching Marlon Mack as a possible target. I added Ronald Jones into the mix watching the Bucs game last week. The announcers brought him as getting little play time with Fournette gobbling most of the carries and Bernard being there also.

The big question, is it worth giving up a late rounder for anyone that is only here for half a season?

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

When I saw the Saints traded away Ingram I thought to myself he would have been a good add with Gibson having more injury issues. I had already been watching Marlon Mack as a possible target. I added Ronald Jones into the mix watching the Bucs game last week. The announcers brought him as getting little play time with Fournette gobbling most of the carries and Bernard being there also.

The big question, is it worth giving up a late rounder for anyone that is only here for half a season?

Nope.

Years on contract + late rounder = fine.

Being in contention + half season rental in a position that is more plug and play (note: no position in football is plug and play) = okay

Being bad + trading picks for a half year rental = Not fine.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

On 10/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, SemperFi Skins said:

John Keim indicated Tim Settle could be on the trading block since we have DT depth and he's coming to a contract year. I like Settle, I am not sure how i'd feel about that. 

Giants potentially shopping Jabrill Peppers..... I think we should have Collins on the trade block as well.

Collins get rid of ASAP if possible but I'd hold onto Settle. Good DT's do not grow on trees and are very hard to find. What I'd like to see is us landing another Samjae Perine type to compliment Gibson who should be assuming the McKissic role IMHO.

Edited by Chump Bailey

25 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Collins get rid of ASAP if possible but I'd hold onto Settle. Good DT's do not grow on trees and are very hard to find. What I'd like to see is us landing another Samjae Perine type to compliment Gibson who should be assuming the McKissic role IMHO.

The only problem is McKissic, in my opinion, is actually better than Gibson right now and stays healthy + no fumbling issues. I'd like to see more McKissic and Patterson.

I think Gibson has the tools but he's dancing behind the line a lot more trying to make a play as opposed to putting his head down like he used to. And his fumbling issues and durability are on the verge of becoming bigger issues. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

The only problem is McKissic, in my opinion, is actually better than Gibson right now and stays healthy + no fumbling issues. I'd like to see more McKissic and Patterson.

I think Gibson has the tools but he's dancing behind the line a lot more trying to make a play as opposed to putting his head down like he used to. And his fumbling issues and durability are on the verge of becoming bigger issues. 

Trade for a back like Marlon Mack or Phillipe Lindsay and put Gibby in the Samuel role as a slot receiver who gets RB touches too. Get him the ball in open space. I agree, he dances too much waiting for holes to open trying to hit the homerun every time. Yep, his fumbles are getting troublesome.

• Like 1

I can only imagine how disappointed everyone would be on this board if the Team announced they hired Kliff Kingsbury and are a lock to take Kyler Murray with a first round pick after just drafting a qb in the first.....man what a turn around for cardinals I can only dream of something like this with this organization...lets be real people looked at the Cardinals and were like who is this Kingsbury guy....WTF they are taking another QB?!?!?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I can only imagine how disappointed everyone would be on this board if the Team announced they hired Kliff Kingsbury and are a lock to take Kyler Murray with a first round pick after just drafting a qb in the first.....man what a turn around for cardinals I can only dream of something like this with this organization...lets be real people looked at the Cardinals and were like who is this Kingsbury guy....WTF they are taking another QB?!?!?

It was a bold move my Keim to admit he was wrong on Rosen after one year and then hire a fired college HC.  Not sure what the media market's like in AZ but it would have been a huge uproar in DC or one of the bigger markets.  That being said it set the table for RR to do the same thing in his 1st draft here.  He didn't draft Haskins.  The personnel people in place lead by Kyle Smith were never high on Haskins.  You have the #2 overall pick which you never know if you'll be drafting that high again.  You have to be all in on the QBs if you don't have one.     

41 minutes ago, drowland said:

It was a bold move my Keim to admit he was wrong on Rosen after one year and then hire a fired college HC.  Not sure what the media market's like in AZ but it would have been a huge uproar in DC or one of the bigger markets.  That being said it set the table for RR to do the same thing in his 1st draft here.  He didn't draft Haskins.  The personnel people in place lead by Kyle Smith were never high on Haskins.  You have the #2 overall pick which you never know if you'll be drafting that high again.  You have to be all in on the QBs if you don't have one.     

Agreed as much as i LOVED the Chase Young pick because i thought he was going to be some kind of absolute monster in hindsight we should have either traded down or taken a qb...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What a turnaround for the Cardinals. And Browns. And Bengals.  And Chargers.

Saying nothing about Chase, but FML right here.