Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Consistent injuries factor into contracts. 

I'm still a little frustrated they didn't pay Trent and move on from Scherff before this tag dance. 

Trent was an entirely different situation. He wasn’t staying unless we paid significantly more than needed. And even then who knows? Allen botched that and there was no coming back from it.

5 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Giants nabbed Benardrick McKinney

Legit fall back after losing Blake Martinez.

Should have gone after Martinez last year and McKinney when Bostic went down....or sooner. Don't know if there are any other decent options out there

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Lirim Hajrullahu sounds like he's our spiritual successor to Kai Forbath. I want him.

Even better we’re bringing in a former 7th rounder who’s nickname is “the kosher cannon”.

9 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Legit fall back after losing Blake Martinez.

Should have gone after Martinez last year and McKinney when Bostic went down....or sooner. Don't know if there are any other decent options out there

McKinney doesn’t help our coverage problems.

• Like 1

It's not the end of the season yet, but it's safe to say that the free agents that the FO signed on the defensive side of the ball are HUGE busts.  Jackson is horrible and McCain is right behind him.  Both contributing to the dead last ranked defense in the league.  Big fat FAIL on those guys.

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Lirim Hajrullahu sounds like he's our spiritual successor to Kai Forbath. I want him.

Reading about Hajrullahu, he is a Kosovan refugee who is a longtime veteran of the CFL. He's been on the Cowboys' and Panthers' practice squads (Panthers after Ron had left). I'd definitely sign him to the PS. It'd be good to see what he has to bring to the table

Also turns out he lost a kicking competition to Sloman in 2020 in the Rams camp. He outperformed Sloman but there are reports McVay went with Sloman because he was drafted and also because he was a fellow Miami (Ohio) alum

Edited by method man

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Also turns out he lost a kicking competition to Sloman in 2020 in the Rams camp. He outperformed Sloman but there are reports McVay went with Sloman because he was drafted and also because he was a fellow Miami (Ohio) alum

And also, because he's got the nickname "THE KOSHER CANNON". 

13 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

It's not the end of the season yet, but it's safe to say that the free agents that the FO signed on the defensive side of the ball are HUGE busts.  Jackson is horrible and McCain is right behind him.  Both contributing to the dead last ranked defense in the league.  Big fat FAIL on those guys.

On Jackson, I don't want to make excuses for him but they are having him rework the techniques that made him a top 15 corner into what they want...it's part him and part coaching fail

1 hour ago, method man said:

On Jackson, I don't want to make excuses for him but they are having him rework the techniques that made him a top 15 corner into what they want...it's part him and part coaching fail

I think that is a major failing. It reminds me of Jermiah Trotter who was great with the Eagles, a bum with the Redskins, and then excellent again when he returned to the Eagles. I get that it's cool to imagine what a player can do in your offense or defense, but when you pay top dollar you shouldn't be trying to reinvent the player and ask them to do things that you don't know if they can do. If your scheme isn't a perfect fit than they aren't the perfect player.

• Like 4

Jackson looks terrible. 

Something seems off... I wonder if he's damaged goods and the Bengals knew. He played with a torn shoulder for the entire 2019 season but had a good year last year. (missed some games with a concussion) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think that is a major failing. It reminds me of Jermiah Trotter who was great with the Eagles, a bum with the Redskins, and then excellent again when he returned to the Eagles. I get that it's cool to imagine what a player can do in your offense or defense, but when you pay top dollar you shouldn't be trying to reinvent the player and ask them to do things that you don't know if they can do. If your scheme isn't a perfect fit than they aren't the perfect player.

Something that's basically been rinse and repeat when it comes to this franchise and free agency over the last 20+ years

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I haven't heard anything about making him rework techniques. He's always struggled in zone but done well in man but this year he's been getting beat in man too and has committed quite a few penalties.

Washington's coaches and William Jackson III are still feeling each other out | RSN (nbcsports.com)

To do his thing, he needs to jam at the line of scrimmage and they are not really letting him do that. I also remember something about him having to change his footwork here