Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Josh Allen and Mahomes both prioritized providing their franchises flexibility with roster by not maximizing their earning potential with short term deals. 

Sure, there are different ways to get deals done.  But make no mistake about it, they aren't leaving a penny on the table. The way a deal is structured can help the team short term, but at the end of the day, at some point - the player will get their money.  Guaranteed money is guaranteed money.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

I loved Jace predraft so i'm excited about this. I really wish Jake Butt could have stayed healthy and we would have brought him in but oh well.

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Had we offered 18-22 million (Very reasonable imo) to cousins back in 2016 he would have taken it on a long term deal imo..he played cards and won can't blame him there, now we've had like 10 QBs since him wasted a first round pick on one etc etc etc... 

And minnesota has won.............................?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I loved Jace predraft so i'm excited about this. I really wish Jake Butt could have stayed healthy and we would have brought him in but oh well.

They haven't won **** BUT Kirk has been a top 10 QB ever since he moved there. We let a top 10 QB walk because we had a buffoon in charge is the point they are trying to make.

2 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

They haven't won **** BUT Kirk has been a top 10 QB ever since he moved there. We let a top 10 QB walk because we had a buffoon in charge is the point they are trying to make.

He's been the exact same QB there as we was here. One winning season and a lot of disappointment. The moment he took a backseat to an elite run game is when they got better.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

He's been the exact same QB there as we was here. One winning season and a lot of disappointment. The moment he took a backseat to an elite run game is when they got better.

And we've had 7 QBs since he's left and all have had losing seasons (leaving out Heinicke).. I fail to see your point lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

And we've had 7 QBs since he's left and all have had losing seasons (leaving out Heinicke).. I fail to see your point lol

The point is an average QB like him wouldn't have necessarily made us a better team. He didn't in Minnesota which has a vastly superior team. At a certain point you look at a common denominator. Not to say he's to blame anywhere but he's clearly not the answer either.

• Like 1

Just now, PartyPosse said:

The point is an average QB like him wouldn't have necessarily made us a better team. He didn't in Minnesota which has a vastly superior team. At a certain point you look at a common denominator. Not to say he's to blame anywhere but he's clearly not the answer either.

I wouldn't say the Vikings have or had a vast superior team.. at the end of the day he still throws 4000+ yards a season, 25+ TDs a season, and usually has over a 100 QB rating each season. I wouldn't call that "average". I'm not arguing he makes teams better, I'm just arguing he was better than any QB we've had since then. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

I wouldn't say the Vikings have or had a vast superior team.. at the end of the day he still throws 4000+ yards a season, 25+ TDs a season, and usually has over a 100 QB rating each season. I wouldn't call that "average". I'm not arguing he makes teams better, I'm just arguing he was better than any QB we've had since then. 

I'd rather have the flu than Malaria, but doesn't mean I want either.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Weren't there reports of Smith not always showing good effort? If you add that to his speed issues I'd pass on him. 

I really hope Khaleke Hudson takes this opportunity and shines.

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

No he wouldn't. He's literally Bostic without the IQ or leadership.

Smith is considered a pretty high effort, high character, and positive leadership guy.  He just couldn't stay healthy, and the Cowboys didn't want to risk having his salary guaranteed for next season, when they have better/younger options.  

It looks like his best seasons are behind him.  He always made a lot of mistakes, but he had flashed streaks of good play for a few games here and there that made you think he could be pretty good.  However, it seems pretty unlikely that his physical abilities will allow him to turn the corner at this point.

I think he is still a player that can be an OK value on an inexpensive contract.  Heck, now that he has been cut and no longer has any guaranteed money, I wouldn't hate it if he resigned in Dallas for near the minimum.  The team still likes him, they just couldn't risk paying 9 million to a guy they don't expect to get starter snaps in the future.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Has nothing to do with anything what another team has done. Would a Kirk Cousins at 18-22 million a year been a qb we could have built a team around or been better off with...absolutely in my opinion...we have been worse since hes  left offensively and its not even close. 

18 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

go back and read the 3000 post thread and get the point rather than starting that %^( up here again. Glad KC is GONE!

Dont worry we will find a QB that can post his type of numbers again in the next 30 years. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Has nothing to do with anything what another team has done. Would a Kirk Cousins at 18-22 million a year been a qb we could have built a team around or been better off with...absolutely in my opinion...we have been worse since hes  left offensively and its not even close. 

Kirk can only play up to the standard of the players around him. He won't ever exceed expectations. He needed two legit 1 WRs, whether its Thielen and Diggs or Thielen and Jefferson plus an elite RB to be a solid QB. 

1 hour ago, ZarG3 said:

In what way has Kirk been a top 10 QB in MN?

Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen, Herbert, Prescott, Jackson, Stafford, Murray, Mahomes, Tannehill.  That’s 11 off the top of my head.  That doesn’t include guys like Ryan, Brees, and Roethlisberger who were definitely better than KC in 2018 and 2019.  Nor does it count guys like Carr, Darnold, and Burrow who are better than him now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He needed two legit 1 WRs, whether its Thielen and Diggs or Thielen and Jefferson plus an elite RB to be a solid QB. 

Wait so what about when he threw for 4k+ yards scored 30+ TDs had only vs 13 picks and his Receivers were Josh Docston and Jamison Crowder his Running back was Samaje Perine....and his Tight End was a 14 year vet...that was past his prime....Im not saying Kirk makes us a super bowl contender or anything but hes a valuable quarterback that can make a team competitive in the right circumstances, Would have loved to see what he would have done with how the defense played last season.

Edited by CjSuAvE22