Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You have to wonder about why McKinney is still available.

maybe that shoulder didn't heal up? Been wondering the same thing. I'm assuming he was a cap casualty in Miami but who knows. He's also better in a 3-4 base from what I understand and the main reason Houston sent him packing when they went to the 4-3

I'd still prefer we sign Tanner Muse off Seattles PS

I know jaylon Smith was an athletic freak before his injury at ND, but seems like a lot of cowboys fans would complain about him often.  Not sure if the injury sapped that athleticism, or if he was just a bad fit in that scheme, but he is young, and we don't have much to lose to take a flyer on him.  

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I know jaylon Smith was an athletic freak before his injury at ND, but seems like a lot of cowboys fans would complain about him often.  Not sure if the injury sapped that athleticism, or if he was just a bad fit in that scheme, but he is young, and we don't have much to lose to take a flyer on him.  

Part of the reason he struggled may have been Mike Nolan in 2019. Per PFF, he is having a solid season so far under Dan Quinn. He was also a Pro Bowler in 2019. He is definitely worth a flier and probably the best option in FA. Hopefully, he'll want to stick it to the Cowboys for cutting him.

• Thanks 1

All I hear about is how bad Smith has been. Still probably better than what we have…but the Cowboys cut him despite still owing him over $7M this season. So they really wanted him gone. 

Edit: ahhh they don’t want him getting injured again and locking in that $9M+ in injury guarantees for next year. Weird that he’s played at all then, unless they were hoping he’d play well so they could trade him. Dangerous game to play.

Edited by ConnSKINS26