Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

Arguably top 3 player at the G position, that we drafted and developed in-house, and us not signing him will be "dodging a bullet".

Us WFT/former Skins fans are a unique bunch.

I don't think he's wrong. Right now he's in house and we've had him for his prime years. But it appears he's looking for something pricey that will inevitably overpay him for his decline years. He'll be on the wrong side of 30 at the end of the year and if he's looking for something like 5 years, No way will he be top 3 when he's 34.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dont kid yourself. We just signed him way below his market value IMO. 

I don't know about that. Maybe in a few years, but right now he's slightly overpaid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dont kid yourself. We just signed him way below his market value IMO. 

5th highest paid DT is way below his market value?

What is his market value?  Highest paid DT? 

I'm happy he's with us long term, and I think he's pretty good, but he's not near best DT in the league good.

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I'm happy he's with us long term, and I think he's pretty good, but he's not near best DT in the league good.

I think its about right. Other than Donald who is in another universe the guys making more than him are maybe a smidge better but also a little bit older as well I believe.

I think Allen is just hitting his stride, and he's more of a technique/skill player so you don't have to worry as much about a physical athleticism decline. I could see him being really good even into his mid to late 30s, but we now have him locked up for his ages 26-29 season. I think he makes his first Pro Bowl this year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think its about right. Other than Donald who is in another universe the guys making more than him are maybe a smidge better but also a little bit older as well I believe.

I think Allen is just hitting his stride, and he's more of a technique/skill player so you don't have to worry as much about a physical athleticism decline. I could see him being really good even into his mid to late 30s, but we now have him locked up for his ages 26-29 season. I think he makes his first Pro Bowl this year.

It's 4 years additional, so it goes through his 30th year.  He hits free agency in 2026 now.

I'd also guess he makes his first pro bowl this year.  Especially if the defense is near as good as it's lofty potential, then multiple people would make it from the defense.  We had just Chase Young last year represent the team.

I could also see William Jackson joining Jon Allen in the pro-bowl.  That's 3 (including Chase), any more is kind of pushing it.  Unless our record is far better than anyone expects.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't think he's wrong. Right now he's in house and we've had him for his prime years. But it appears he's looking for something pricey that will inevitably overpay him for his decline years. He'll be on the wrong side of 30 at the end of the year and if he's looking for something like 5 years, No way will he be top 3 when he's 34.

I don't know about that. Maybe in a few years, but right now he's slightly overpaid.

"In 2020, Allen ranked first on the Washington Football Team in QB pressures (50), hits (13) and hurries (34). According to PFF’s Ben Linsey, Jonathan Allen won 17% of his pass-rush attempts. This stat by PFF takes how many times a defensive lineman wins a rep regardless if it resulted in a sack or pressure. Allen’s 17% ranked 8th amongst interior defensive linemen in the NFL."

https://riggosrag.com/2021/07/26/washington-football-team-extending-jonathan-allen-a-needed-move/?utm_source=google-newsstand&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=google-newsstand

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Right but it has to be compared to what those top DTs would be paid if they signed today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

"In 2020, Allen ranked first on the Washington Football Team in QB pressures (50), hits (13) and hurries (34). According to PFF’s Ben Linsey, Jonathan Allen won 17% of his pass-rush attempts. This stat by PFF takes how many times a defensive lineman wins a rep regardless if it resulted in a sack or pressure. Allen’s 17% ranked 8th amongst interior defensive linemen in the NFL."

https://riggosrag.com/2021/07/26/washington-football-team-extending-jonathan-allen-a-needed-move/?utm_source=google-newsstand&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=google-newsstand

Ok, and? Doesn't mean he's getting paid below market value at the moment. He may be in a few years but not now.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We need to have a strong enough season to get on his radar.  Denver is going to be all in and tough to beat, but maybe we can catch his eye with another trup to the playoffs and maybe a win this time.

1 minute ago, SAli457180 said:

I would seriously steer clear of Rodgers.  The guy may be a lock HOF QB, but 1 championship in 16 years and all of that drama isn't worth it.

crazy stanley kubrick GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Ok, and? Doesn't mean he's getting paid below market value at the moment. He may be in a few years but not now.

He led the team in hits, hurries and pressures. Ranked 8th in win%. We got him for the 5th highest paid DL in the league. We will have to disagree I guess. he clearly would have gotten more in FA. But whatever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

I would seriously steer clear of Rodgers.  The guy may be a lock HOF QB, but 1 championship in 16 years and all of that drama isn't worth it.

It would only be a couple of year commitment. And it would guarantee us being a contender for a championship. So yeah. I am doing it. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He led the team in hits, hurries and pressures. Ranked 8th in win%. We got him for the 5th highest paid DL in the league. We will have to disagree I guess. he clearly would have gotten more in FA. But whatever.

Cool. If the WFT was the whole league then i'd say yes, but just leading his team in a few categories doesn't automatically make him one of the top 5 DL in the league. Right now he's paid as such. I'd concede he's paid market value at the moment, but to say he's way under market value is asinine.

4 minutes ago, max21 said:

Rodgers in 2022 would be epic, first quarterback under our new name/brand. Marketing that would be a dream 

Only problem is he will still be under contract to GB, so he has to want to be traded here and the compensation will not be cheap.  It would be worth it no doubt, but costly.

8 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Only problem is he will still be under contract to GB, so he has to want to be traded here and the compensation will not be cheap.  It would be worth it no doubt, but costly.

I think the reworked contract means he’ll actually be a free agent after this season. We wouldn’t have to give up any draft picks or players 

• Like 2