Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Not that I have seen, though there are some blog posts written during the season that I dont always read so some could be from him. Though I think its a bit more of a slower paced forum then ES.

Yes I got that impression from my first look the other day. Om was one of my favourite posters back in the day. Bulldog too of course.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wondering if anyone else seen rumors of the team being interested in trading for Xavier Howard?

This site has been down for like WEEKS man and the first thing you ask about is Xavier Howard? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Die Hard said:

You go first. Where did you hear/read that?

A you tube clip..nfl rumors and what have ya...dude said where he heard it..I cant remember..and I sure as hell dont know how to attach that you tube clip here.

5 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

This site has been down for like WEEKS man and the first thing you ask about is Xavier Howard? 

When in rome

5 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Anyone named after two universities can't be any good. We all remember the Duke Stanford debacle

10 interceptions last year isn't good?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

A you tube clip..nfl rumors and what have ya...dude said where he heard it..I cant remember..and I sure as hell dont know how to attach that you tube clip here.

When in rome

10 interceptions last year isn't good?

It's Xavien Howard, not Xavier

and

No way in hell the dolphins will give him up for cheap. 

Lastly, dude gets injured easily.

Grant is bitter about the 18 million to Scherff.   That's not his first tweet on the subject. And its not just him.   I am sort of playing medium on it.  I get the idea of them buying time and keeping Scherff for another season.  At the same time, I would be willing to move on next season.  And I am one of the bigger Scherff guys here.

My take on this is while Scherff seems to play coy with his rap about hey I love it here and want to stay but I just leave the contract 100% to the agent -- is a polite way of saying I want to get the most money I can get and I'll play for whatever team pays me the most.  Brian Mitchell had a good rap on this saying the player drives the agent its not the other way around so it came off to him that Scherff and his agent just want to get the biggest payday.  Apparently they aren't satisfied with a contract that would make him the highest paid guard in the league.

Heck its a business, i don't begrudge Scherff wanting the biggest payday he could get.  But i am not a fan of paying a mega contract for a dude entering his 30s with an injury history.  If Scherff was 25 I'd feel differently. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...