Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, terpfan said:

Really curious to see the terms on this one. I like Thomas but he’s 30 already and has had one good year. I hope we didn’t overpay but if it’s a reasonable contract we could have possibly locked him up before we’d have to pay him even more next offseason. A little bit of a risk/reward move to do it now. 

He's 30 with very low miles.  Great signing of a hungry player.  Love this move. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Got to think he’s just had a very good wedge of cash dropped his way, hard to guess, average 7-8mil p/y ?

May be. That’s towards the top of his value imo. So hoping for 5-6 with a chance at 7. We’ll see eventually. Either way I think it’s a good signing. Is he better than Hooper who signed for 10-11 last year? I’d say so. 

22 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Got to think he’s just had a very good wedge of cash dropped his way, hard to guess, average 7-8mil p/y ?

Ah they just released it. He got 8 per. Nice for him and honestly pretty dang good for us given his production vs some of the other players who’ve signed for more in the last couple of years. 

• Like 1

Thomas’ big play ability has a great chance to get unleashed with seam throws by Fitzpatrick (one of his more favorite throws to make). Thomas seemed to display some good body control and go up and get it ability, but must have a QB willing to make those kind of throws. This pairing could unlock another level to Thomas, he’s not a big play waiting to happen on his own, but believe there’s a higher ceiling with him working the seams. 

He’s fine as is as well… making tough catches, sitting in zones, and being a red zone threat. 

• Like 2

That’s actually slightly more than I expected. It’s low guarantees though so I’m still guessing they can get out of it (and probably will want to) before the end of the contract. 

8 mil AAV puts him in the Jimmy Graham/Rob Gronkowski area which I suppose is fair. Lower than the contracts signed by the top free agents like Hooper, Henry and Jonnu Smith the last two offseasons. So in theory would probably be a discount compared to what he might have gotten next offseason if he has another good year. 

• Thanks 1

Both the Jonathan Allen contract and the Thomas contract are very reasonable for the team. 

One thing I think is interesting is how much bigger Allen’s contract is than William Jackson III. I’d consider them in a similar range in terms of positional ranking. I guess Jackson is 2 years older. Still, that WJIII contract looks like a steal. 

Things look to be lining up for us to have plenty to spend on Terry and Payne. If it were me, I’d let Scherff move on and probably plan to move on from Landon Collins. I just don’t think either is going to be worth the money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Both the Jonathan Allen contract and the Thomas contract are very reasonable for the team. 

One thing I think is interesting is how much bigger Allen’s contract is than William Jackson III. I’d consider them in a similar range in terms of positional ranking. I guess Jackson is 2 years older. Still, that WJIII contract looks like a steal. 

Things look to be lining up for us to have plenty to spend on Terry and Payne. If it were me, I’d let Scherff move on and probably plan to move on from Landon Collins. I just don’t think either is going to be worth the money. 

If the defense/team does what people think could happen, then WJIII will get the accolades that eluded him in Cincinnati.  That contract will be highway robbery.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Giants releasing Kelvin Benjamin, who they were trying to fit at TE.

Looks like we are fraternal TE twins with them.

Oh, and no thanks on Benny-boy

That’s right because we got Sammis Reyes.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Anselmheifer said:

I think the shorter contract is smart. After all, how many great free agent signings bust because while they were great with their former teams their skills no longer fully fit/mesh. Or the great player suddenly loses something after getting the big contract. 

We know Allen fits this D and we know a lot more about him as a person. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, 86 Snyder said:

We need to have a strong enough season to get on his radar.  Denver is going to be all in and tough to beat, but maybe we can catch his eye with another trup to the playoffs and maybe a win this time.

crazy stanley kubrick GIF

Rodgers is acting and playing the role of a drama queen.I mean come on , he has auditioned to be the next Jeopardy monitor. Crying about the drafting by the Packers FO of his heir apparent  at QB. No thank you:247: 

• Haha 1