Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

24 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Back on topic, since we didn't make much of a move for either guy that dropped on the scene today, is there maybe a LB on a PS on a team that is really loaded at LB?

Honestly, I took 2 years off from the NFL, and wasn't sure if I was gonna come back. I really out of touch with players.

if there were our defensive minded coach prob should have seen it sooner so my guess is no. 

4 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I mean he was only top ten in Yards thrown Touchdowns Qb rating I guess he coulda thrown less than 13 picks last season....hes also pretty durable.

Kirk was not going to stay here. He did not want to be here.

These Kirk comments are absolutely not understandable to me. He is not a wft player and left after we way over paid him 

55 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Back on topic, since we didn't make much of a move for either guy that dropped on the scene today, is there maybe a LB on a PS on a team that is really loaded at LB?

Honestly, I took 2 years off from the NFL, and wasn't sure if I was gonna come back. I really out of touch with players.

We will have to live with the crap we got.    

Free agency next year:  Lineback, Safety, Cornback, Kicker.   If we decide that TH isn't the starter, then QB will have to be addressed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the WFT is still has to prove they are climbing out of dumpster fire status as a franchise.  Until then, given the choice between coming to this team or playing for a possible contender, no one is going to want to come to DC

22 minutes ago, ananoman said:

the WFT is still has to prove they are climbing out of dumpster fire status as a franchise. 

Im beginning to think this isn't possible...no regime has been able to build off a playoff season, the game day experience is the worst in the NFL, a team has no name, what possibly is going right for us at this point.  

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Im beginning to think this isn't possible...no regime has been able to build off a playoff season, the game day experience is the worst in the NFL, a team has no name, what possibly is going right for us at this point.  

How about Taylor H. and the offense. 

• Like 2

Just now, zskins said:

How about Taylor H. and the offense. 

I like his game play ability, he has a good knack for the game but I just think his arm related physical limitations won't get us too far the last game was a miracle game vs a terrible team and he could have easily thrown 4 interceptions, he didn't and we won but in reality I don't see him as a long term answer so I don't get too excited for him being the starter. We need a game breaker at quarterback all the good teams have one we need to find him fast because I feel like as depleted our roster is with holes the fanbase is even more depleted. 

7 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I like his game play ability, he has a good knack for the game but I just think his arm related physical limitations won't get us too far the last game was a miracle game vs a terrible team and he could have easily thrown 4 interceptions, he didn't and we won but in reality I don't see him as a long term answer so I don't get too excited for him being the starter. We need a game breaker at quarterback all the good teams have one we need to find him fast because I feel like as depleted our roster is with holes the fanbase is even more depleted. 

Kinda related in the grand scheme of things but if the season were to end today the Eagles will have 3 top 10 first round draft picks. Their options for finding a bonafide stud at QB through  either the draft or trade are mind boggling. 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they truly showed interest in Smith, why wouldn't they have already done the same with McKinney who is a better fit? Wondering if there is medical condition with him like tha shoulder never healed correctly or if he thinks he deserves a large contract

52 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If they truly showed interest in Smith, why wouldn't they have already done the same with McKinney who is a better fit? Wondering if there is medical condition with him like tha shoulder never healed correctly or if he thinks he deserves a large contract

Stories often come out later on about players not getting offers during the season -- the narrative is often but not always said player wanted a lot of money. some players take the risk that a team ends up desperate and eventually give in to what they want.  sometimes it backfires and the player ends up giving in.  

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think we all like TH and his story and hope it doesn't end anytime soon.  But c'mon man, ain't nobody like "Damn man, I wish I could play in Washington" because of that.  

If Heinicke directly lobbies McKinney to come to the WFT, how could he resist? 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Stories often come out later on about players not getting offers during the season -- the narrative is often but not always said player wanted a lot of money. some players take the risk that a team ends up desperate and eventually give in to what they want.  sometimes it backfires and the player ends up giving in.  

Well, guess it's a wait and see. WFT is not the most desirable team right now but should be the most desperate unless Hudson can really come on the seen

I doubt anyone on this board given the chance would chose joining a perennial loser who's head trainer was just arrested over going to a sure fire playoff team with stability. Is Heinicke a better story than Mac Jones and Bill looking great or better than playing with Aaron Rodgers? No. Even if they know each other. Im sure if he called him, first question would be WTF is wrong with your defense?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

first question would be WTF is wrong with your defense?

I agree which if this teams defense doesn't get turned around fast, ill lose a ton of faith in Rivera after the season, like come on man you are a defensive guy you got hired as a head coach in Carolina because of your defenses in San Diego...fix it, bringing some guy in from Math Class to play qb doesn't get you a free pass.

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I doubt anyone on this board given the chance would chose joining a perennial loser who's head trainer was just arrested over going to a sure fire playoff team with stability. Is Heinicke a better story than Mac Jones and Bill looking great or better than playing with Aaron Rodgers? No. Even if they know each other. Im sure if he called him, first question would be WTF is wrong with your defense?

33 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Well, guess it's a wait and see. WFT is not the most desirable team right now but should be the most desperate unless Hudson can really come on the seen

I don't know a lot about McKinney but his profile seems really good.  Very good run stopper.  Leader type.  Smart.  Really good pass rusher. 

• Like 2

On an aside, one of the players that allowed Dallas to release J. Smith, Parsons has one heck of an ego on him.  I'll give him he's tearing it up early which isn't easy to do for a rookie LB albeit he's doing it more playing edge.   It's sad that i do think Dallas right now has a better defense than us too.  They are going to smoke us if we don't get our act together IMO.  😧

https://nypost.com/2021/10/06/micah-parsons-gets-chance-to-show-giants-what-they-missed-out-on/?utm_source=NYPSportsTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Parsons won’t spend too much time on the what-if. Giants defensive line coach Sean Spencer coached Parsons at Penn State and the two remain close.

“It’s business,” Parsons said. “It is what it is. Everyone’s got their personal choices, but it ain’t no motive or motivation. I just know every time I’m going to go out there, I’m going to ball. They made their decision, Dallas made their decision. I think Dallas made the best decision, and I’m just going to show them why they keep making the best decisions.”

Parsons has 17 tackles, 2.5 sacks and two passes defended, and his versatility to blitz or cover as an inside linebacker, outside linebacker or defensive end has been a major boost for the Cowboys.

“The one thing I told the team today is this guy on tape sometimes doesn’t look as big as he is,” said Judge, who scouted Penn State’s Pro Day in person. “Looking at his college tape, he actually had a lot of production on the edge that we looked at and talked collectively about [how] this guy really gives you dual-value — stack-backer to edge-backer.”

Parsons wears the transmitter helmet as the defensive signal-caller — a sign that he has been a quick study as a rookie. Judge praised Parsons’ instincts as well as physical gifts.

“I think this guy is going to be one of the elite players in the league,” Judge said, “for a long time.”

• Sad 2

I don't think people realize just how terrible Jaylon Smith is. I'm not surprised the Packers led by Joe effing Barry would want him. Smith is terrible. TERRIBLE. He's basically Jon Bostic without the IQ and leadership skills. I'm actually disappointed we even pursued him.

• Like 1

Who cares if the team pursued Smith? He’s a guy with NFL experience and we have a huge hole at LB. Its a 17 game season and we need bodies. Would you rather have Mayo or any other fodder playing or a former pro bowler? Obviously the Packers still thinks he has something left to sign him. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 1