Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, BudLighticke said:

I am less than thrilled with the on field product, but to say they aren’t making a concentrated effort to overhaul the culture is disingenuous. Whether the reasons behind it were genuine or not, they did move on from nearly all of the folks involved in the culture you speak of. Continuing to harp on the past serves no purpose and just impedes guys like Wright and Rivera from doing their jobs.

....I’m pretty sure that a random persons post on a messageboard won’t impede Wright or rivera from doing their jobs 😂

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

....I’m pretty sure that a random persons post on a messageboard won’t impede Wright or rivera from doing their jobs 😂

There is far more than a single fan on this message board that has this attitude toward the team in general. That’s why Rivera‘s and Wright’s (and maybe whoever replaces them) jobs is such a monumentally hard task. They have to turn the tide for a crumbling fanbase and franchise, which is a far bigger task than simply just winning football games. And to Rivera’s point recently, it probably takes 3 to 5 plus years to truly change the identity of a franchise, and hopefully wins follow suit.

The larger point was that claiming we are a place that stands for workplace harassment is a stupid comment with all the changes they are attempting to implement. And that type of attitude fostered by the fans and media absolutely makes for an overall crappy environment for the current people/players/executives here to work in. If you don’t agree, so be it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BudLighticke said:

There is far more than a single fan on this message board that has this attitude toward the team in general. That’s why Rivera‘s and Wright’s (and maybe whoever replaces them) jobs is such a monumentally hard task. They have to turn the tide for a crumbling fanbase and franchise, which is a far bigger task than simply just winning football games. And to Rivera’s point recently, it probably takes 3 to 5 plus years to truly change the identity of a franchise, and hopefully wins follow suit.

The larger point was that claiming we are a place that stands for workplace harassment is a stupid comment with all the changes they are attempting to implement. And that type of attitude fostered by the fans and media absolutely makes for an overall crappy environment for the current people/players/executives here to work in. If you don’t agree, so be it.

I wasnt responding on what the larger point was. I have no opinion, which is why I didn’t comment on that. I was only focusing on the final sentence. No **** there’s more than just a single fan on ES that has the attitude toward the team. I’m saying i am pretty sure that none of the comments that ES members make have any effect on, or impede rivera and Wright from doing their jobs. Why? Because it’s a messageboard, that they don’t read 😂

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I wasnt responding on what the larger point was. I have no opinion, which is why I didn’t comment on that. I was only focusing on the final sentence. No **** there’s more than just a single fan on ES that has the attitude toward the team. I’m saying i am pretty sure that none of the comments that ES members make have any effect on, or impede rivera and Wright from doing their jobs. Why? Because it’s a messageboard, that they don’t read 😂

Sure, maybe I worded it wrong then. I was trying to say that the collective attitude of focusing on the past transgressions and ripping them for that culture just makes it overall harder to change the narrative on the culture. It’s a real tall task. Hopefully that makes more sense, I don’t think Joe Schmo on here himself is impeding their ability to do their job, poor wording on my part.

• Like 1

Just now, BudLighticke said:

Sure, maybe I worded it wrong then. I was trying to say that the collective attitude of focusing on the past transgressions and ripping them for that culture just makes it overall harder to change the narrative on the culture. It’s a real tall task. Hopefully that makes more sense, I don’t think Joe Schmo on here himself is impeding their ability to do their job, poor wording on my part.

Yes, that does make more sense. And that, i agree with. 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What??? All this time I’ve wasted!?

• Haha 4

OBJ anyone?

I say yes. Because we need talent. If Ron Rivera is really this the son of military man (this point is way over stated by himself btw) that can control his players then he should be able to get production out of him. If he can't then Ron isn't the man for this job. 

If all Ron wants to do is tank, then Ron is not the man for this job. 

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

I'd rather us try and go after Steelers WR James Washington in the off-season.

I'd be fine with both. We have one WR right now. I don't count anyone besides McLaurin. I don't think that's going to cut it in this league

Only problem is there is no way OBJ comes here. He's trying to go to a contender that needs a WR. 

Just now, Florgon79 said:

I'd be fine with both. We have one WR right now. I don't count anyone besides McLaurin. I don't think that's going to cut it in this league

Only problem is there is no way OBJ comes here. He's trying to go to a contender that needs a WR. 

Too soon to count out Dyami Brown and hopefully Curtis Samuel is 100 percent by next season. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

Too soon to count out Dyami Brown and hopefully Curtis Samuel is 100 percent by next season. 

Ah yes. Hoping for something good out of people in a year. That's probably not gonna happen. I hate to say it but if a receiver doesn't start to immediately produce, it's not likely they are going to produce in the future. I'm not saying give up on Dyami, but I don't have much faith with the limited sample size. Maybe he just needs a proper QB though. 

12 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

OBJ anyone?

I say yes. Because we need talent. If Ron Rivera is really this the son of military man (this point is way over stated by himself btw) that can control his players then he should be able to get production out of him. If he can't then Ron isn't the man for this job. 

If all Ron wants to do is tank, then Ron is not the man for this job. 

Has anyone been able to make it work with OBJ?  The guy is an overly emotional egomaniac.

Our quarterback is Taylor Heineke, who can barely get the ball to Terry.  I'm sure Odell would just love that and be an aww shucks team player for Ron.  And if Ron can't make that happen he's not the man for the job?  That's quite the hot take on a Friday morning.

• Like 2

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Has anyone been able to make it work with OBJ?  The guy is an overly emotional egomaniac.

Our quarterback is Taylor Heineke, who can barely get the ball to Terry.  I'm sure Odell would just love that and be an aww shucks team player for Ron.  And if Ron can't make that happen he's not the man for the job?  That's quite the hot take on a Friday morning.

Ron talks a big game regarding leadership. If he can't get it done then I'm not impressed. 

• Confused 1

Ron talks a big game regarding leadership. If he can't get it done then I'm not impressed. 

So you're just looking for additional reasons to dislike him is what you're saying?

A true leader doesn't bring in a guy like Odell Beckham, particularly to a situation like this one.  That's just welcoming disaster for no reason. 

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So you're just looking for additional reasons to dislike him is what you're saying?

A true leader doesn't bring in a guy like Odell Beckham, particularly to a situation like this one.  That's just welcoming disaster for no reason. 

I don't need anymore reasons at this point honestly. I think Ron is a fraud that talks up the fact that he's a military brat and therefor a leader of men. If he could get a guy like OBJ to fall in line I might believe him. 

I don't need anymore reasons at this point honestly. I think Ron is a fraud that talks up the fact that he's a military brat and therefor a leader of men. If he could get a guy like OBJ to fall in line I might believe him. 

This is probably one of the weirder takes I've seen.  

So you want him to bring in a cancerous dude like OBJ and prove he's a 'real leader' by making him non-cancerous?  

Mmmkay.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is probably one of the weirder takes I've seen.  

So you want him to bring in a cancerous dude like OBJ and prove he's a 'real leader' by making him non-cancerous?  

Mmmkay.

Yup. But it won't happen because OBJ wont come here. Maybe if Ron put together a real team/plan and we were competitive this year he could make a play for him. Instead he is tanking because they overachieved last year and he drafted a bust in the first round. 

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

I think we would be crazy to not go after Odell....I'm not sure exactly where we are on the waiver list but we should have a shot to pick him up.

If Terry ever got hurt we would really be in a bind.  Having Odell on the roster would also make Samuel more of a threat in the slot and out of the backfield.  Probably a pipe dream but I would be happy if we acquired Odell.  Chances are we stay vanilla and basic as usual.

I think the odds are better that Odell flames out wherever he ends up than him being a piece that puts a team over the top.

Obviously he has talent and can probably put together a few highlight reels but the dude is not a winner, all about himself, and just generally a mess.  For a coach that has something cooking, I don't think I'd risk bringing this guy in and ruining the mojo worrying about how we have to force the ball to him so he'll shutup.

Like I said, a real leader doesn't poison his own well, by bringing a guy like this in and thinking he can 'change him'.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think the odds are better that Odell flames out wherever he ends up than him being a piece that puts a team over the top.

Obviously he has talent and can probably put together a few highlight reels but the dude is not a winner, all about himself, and just generally a mess.  For a coach that has something cooking, I don't think I'd risk bringing this guy in and ruining the mojo worrying about how we have to force the ball to him so he'll shutup.

Like I said, a real leader doesn't poison his own well, by bringing a guy like this in and thinking he can 'change him'.

I am curious to see who takes on the challenge and how that goes.