Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

QBs are just so damn valuable. If only we could draft one that panned out... going to take 4 firsts for Watson.  

As long as we don't overspend, we have the money and draft capital to trade up for a really promising QB in the draft and give him an offense that will allow him to succeed. 

Watson is a much surer thing, but the surrounding team will be less talented. The eternal tradeoff. 

Edited by Bacon

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

Lions didn't take on Jared Goff and his contract for a 2023 first round pick if they didn't want him. 

JMO but that makes no sense. 

Im talking about Brissett for 30m.  

In their minds Goff is a bridge... at best.  Nothing more.  

• Like 1

Rarely does a team in the modern era win a SB who doesn't draft their QB.  Exception was Manning to Denver on a 1-year wonder propelled by their Defense. 

Since WFT won't be drafting at or near the top to find a franchise QB, they're going to need to trade up in an upcoming draft or hit on a late rounder like the Pats did or an undrafted phenom like the Rams did. 

Heinicke anyone?! :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I think Jon Gruden is gonna start making some noise in LV....he has two QB's that may interest teams and he needs defense badly. I can't see him keeping both Carr and Marriota so one or both of them are gonna be in play here soon.

But neither one is very good. 

If it came down to Carr or Marriota vs. Allen or Heinicke, I'd prefer to stick with our guys. Carr had one outstanding season, got hurt, and hasn't been the same. Marriota washed out in TN.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

Rarely does a team in the modern era win a SB who doesn't draft their QB.  Exception was Manning to Denver on a 1-year wonder propelled by their Defense. 

Since WFT won't be drafting at or near the top to find a franchise QB, they're going to need to trade up in an upcoming draft or hit on a late rounder like the Pats did or an undrafted phenom like the Rams did. 

Zach Wilson. 

In any case. ****. I thought we were going to get Stafford and I scoffed at the idea the Rams would get him. Double down on Watson and 1trade whatever it takes, minus TMC and Chase Young. 

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

But neither one is very good. 

If it came down to Carr or Marriota vs. Allen or Heinicke, I'd prefer to stick with our guys. Carr had one outstanding season, got hurt, and hasn't been the same. Marriota washed out in TN.   

I agree, didn't say I wanted either of them, I just think other teams are gonna see what Detroit did and see what their QB's can get them in a deal. 

I don't like Carr but he had very good numbers this season as someone pointed out to me earlier this week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blanka said:

Whoever we target next won’t come until draft day vet OR rookie, unless Dak hits the market imo.

Gonna suck going into FA with a question mark at the position but it is what it is. 

Well, I mean at worst we can see what we have in Kyle Allen and Heineke.  Heineke looked GREAT in his 5 QBs.  No doubt that he's really fast and athletic.  He's just slight.  He needs to build some lean muscle.

2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

it is rare, but it's also free agents panning out unless the defense is unbelievable.

Brees came from the Chargers.  Brad Johnson was a journeyman.  Trent Dilfer was a journeyman.  Kurt Warner was undrafted, but was with them from the get go.  Steve Young came from the Bucs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I mean... three 1s was what we gave up for RG3. The key difference here is Watson is a proven pro bowl caliber QB who is only 25. 

Someone pointed out earlier in this thread, every player in NFL history traded for 2 1st rounders did not work out. Stafford doesn’t have a playoff win.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I would argue that there's Dak likely going to be out there.  Hefty contract but no cost on draft picks.

No WAY Dallas doesn't at least franchise Dak.  Dak and his agent are playing this like Kirk did.  Dallas isn't letting Dak go for free.

A lot of people are forgetting something about Watson: the Texans don't have to trade him. He's under contract, and the new HC said he took the job with the belief Watson was going to be his guy. They could just stand pat and let him sweat. If he doesn't show up to camp in the summer, they can fine him.  

Detroit is in rebuild mode. Goff will likely make them at least interesting to their fans during another rebuild and allows them the possibility that low-end WR can be developed (it is easier to turn a mediocre WR into a stud when you have some talent at QB). If he sucks, they got the draft capital to move up for the 2021 version of Justin Fields without doing the tank thing. If not, they have the picks to make a quick rebuild. Rams had the best defense in the NFL and have some solid talent on the offense.  If it works out, the Rams will be dominant for the next couple of years (they got rid of an albatross that allows them to keep their guys). McVay can win now and have a new honeymoon period again in '24 and '25 while he rebuilds.  

1 minute ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

As someone pointed out emailer in this thread, every player in NFL history traded for 2 1st rounders did not work out. Stafford doesn’t have a playoff win.

I mean, the refs kinda did steal that playoff game from the lions and handed it to the cowboys. If not for the refs, Stafford has one playoff win (maybe more) right now. That was a BS loss that wasn’t at all on stafford