Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If the only way to get Stafford was overpaying, I'm thankful that we didn't get him.

The thing is, that wasn't the only way to get him. Both parties immediately agreed to part ways before next season. If teams would have played hardball with the Lions he would have went for a 1st at most imo. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

So we were offering up players.   Hmmm wonder who

Did you come to that conclusion from Standigs tweet about us offering more "immediate help?" I assumed (I know) that it referenced more picks in this year than the Rams 2022 and 2023 offer

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Did you come to that conclusion from Standigs tweet about us offering more "immediate help?" I assumed (I know) that it referenced more picks in this year than the Rams 2022 and 2023 offer

I did.  When I hear “immediate help” I think current players but I suppose it could be 2021 picks. 

• Like 1

I just want heinecke on the books so our qb situation doesn’t feel so desperate. I think Allen can pan out, but he may not be back for the start of the season.

im no scientist, but I don’t see how the boys fit dak on the books. It would take a ton of restructuring contracts and a few cuts. I see it as a 50/50 that he hits the market. We wouldn’t be the only ones at the auction, but to get him for free (no trade) is a much better option than a big trade for average Stafford or a massive trade for Watson. Pair that man with this defense and we are a scary team.

Edited by CTskin

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

I just want heinecke on the books so our qb situation doesn’t feel so desperate. I think Allen can pan out, but he may not be back for the start of the season.

im no scientist, but I don’t see how the boys fit dak on the books. It would take a ton of restructuring contracts and a few cuts. I see it as a 50/50 that he hits the market. We wouldn’t be the only ones at the auction, but to get him for free (no trade) is a way better option than a big trade for average Stanford or a massive trade for Watson. Pair that man with this defense and we are a scary team.

If Dak hits the market then he is 100% coming here to torch the Cowboys 2x a year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Stop peddling this nonsense.  Noone wants to give picks for Goffs contract.

I have seen posters argue in this very thread that Jacoby Brissett will command a $30 million contract this offseason. Do I agree with them? No. But the market is inflated. 

The Lions have zero interest in Goff's contract, but they know how desperate teams are for QBs this year. Goff is 42-20 under McVay and has played in a Super Bowl. Of course someone will trade picks for Goff, especially if Dak or Matt Ryan exit the market. Watch. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I have seen posters argue in this very thread that Jacoby Brissett will command a $30 million contract this offseason. Do I agree with them? No. But the market is inflated. 

The Lions have zero interest in Goff's contract, but they know how desperate teams are for QBs this year. Goff is 42-20 under McVay and has played in a Super Bowl. Of course someone will trade picks for Goff, especially if Dak or Matt Ryan exit the market. Watch. 

lets go ok GIF by Bubble Punk

• Haha 1

I'm feeling the youth movement here . Shiny Hiney is "only" 27, Stafford 33. Is it OK to assume that everyone likes Hiney again?? (get your mind out of the gutter.) And that we can now spend the Stafford picks on a ILB, FS and WR and be cool with that again??

Edited by bowhunter

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

We have no idea what the cost is.

His cap hit is 42m.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Wow, a GIF. And I didn't even have to load up Twitter for this level of discourse! 

"I've seen posters in this very thread..."

I mean, how can you argue with logic like that.

Jesus wept for the last few pages of this thread.

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

"I've seen posters in this very thread..."

I mean, how can you argue with logic like that.

Jesus wept for the last few pages of this thread.

I'm gratified that you made it a whole seven words into my post before reaching into the gif folder. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It wouldn’t be for us.  If we traded for him there would be some correlating contract extension which would move money around.

Also, if any of the $42m is prorated signing bonus that hit stays with the Falcons.  We’d only pick up annual salary.

It wouldnt stay exactly but it would be enormously expensive for the next three seasons.  Not to mention the Falcons would have 49m in dead cap.  It aint happening.

This thread needs a nap.  My god.

Edited by 86 Snyder