Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

Probably

I just don't see it.  Philly hired their new coach to rehab Wentz.  Why trade him?  He's not worth a 1st.  His contract is prohibitive.  It would cost them a future first to get rid of him.

• Like 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

I'd figure that they know they are going to be bad.  Better to play the lotto picks in 2022 and 2023 vs the 19th this year.  Maybe they also like Goff and want to rehab his value in a no pressure environment.

Or they plan on flipping Goff to a team like us, Carolina for even more picks?????

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Its a 1st and 3rd.  Goffs contract is worth minus a 1st.

Goff was the #1 pick and is only 26 years old. He's not worthless. 

His contract is huge, but every QBs contract is huge. Just wait till Josh Allen, Lamar and Dak sign new contracts. 

The only starting QBs in football that don't cost a ton are on rookie contracts. 

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm curious how many other teams are going to sell high on a QB now. That's a great haul for Detroit. 

I dont see us getting Watson or anyone actually, who are we honestly going to outbid?

I think Carolina would offer a HAUL for Watson if Houston was deadset on moving him to the NFC.  

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

This tells me 2 things.  Lions were probably looking at some of our players and RR wouldn't do it and maybe Denver won't be drafting a QB.

They probably wanted Jeudy+Denver's 1st.  Detroit has no WRs on their roster (their top 3 are FAs)

1 minute ago, DisgruntledLionFan#54,927 said:

While that would be the 4D chess move, I don't see GM Holmes doing it.

He's the guy that liked Goff back in 2016.

Goff has negative value.  It would be an Osweiler type trade.  Better to gamble on Goff in a low pressure setting.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Goff was the #1 pick and is only 26 years old. He's not worthless. 

His contract is huge, but every QBs contract is huge. Just wait till Josh Allen, Lamar and Dak sign new contracts. 

The only starting QBs in football that don't cost a ton are on rookie contracts. 

I mean this respectfully but you dont know what youre talking about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Those firsts are in 2022 and 2023 which is equal to a 2021 2nd and 3rd, plus Goff's contract.

They will now have five 1st round picks in the next three years. Two each in 2022 and 2023. I think they did fine. Goff’s contract is fine, for them. They aren’t going anywhere yet anyways and he’ll be off the books by the time they compete or just move him eventually.

Edited by dyst

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

This tells me 2 things.  Lions were probably looking at some of our players and RR wouldn't do it and maybe Denver won't be drafting a QB.

Denver might still go with a new QB with a new HC.  Hard to tell.  I hope they draft another position in the 1st instead of QB. :)

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

They will likely be able to move Goff in future years for a pick of two, with minimal financial hit.

The Lions are an all new administration. Their seats are ice cold. They can afford to wait a year for the picks to kick in so I can see the allure of taking this deal over our own.

Glad we didn't get froggy. I would have lost my mind if we gave up two ones a three and a player for Stafford. That is a 1 and a player too much.

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I just don't see it.  Philly hired their new coach to rehab Wentz.  Why trade him?  He's not worth a 1st.  His contract is prohibitive.  It would cost them a future first to get rid of him.

Nope, the new coach said himself he doesn't know who the starting QB is going to be. Philly is in cap hell and Wentz is very likely gonna ask for a trade the same as Watson is. It is very ugly in Philly. If Frank Reich likes Wentz and is willing to take on that contract he will get Wentz fairly cheaply. In fact, supposedly several teams would be interested in Wentz. The Eagles are in a similar spot as Detroit, they can punt next year, live thru cap hell and then take whatever assets they accumulate in a Wentz deal and move forward in 2022. 

I bet Wentz is publicly put on the trade block this week after the Eagles saw what Stafford landed in a deal. 

If the Eagles can move Wentz, they pick high enough to go QB in the draft this year as well....Hurts or no Hurts. 

16 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Breaking news, WFT has just offered 2021 first & third round picks, 1st round picks in 2022 - 2026, a stadium, a Bentley, their firstborn, a hooker, and a hand job to Houston for Deshaun Watson. 

I don’t think that low ball offer will close the deal.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

I mean this respectfully but you dont know what youre talking about.

Fans live in lala-land where QBs don't cost anything.

A Jacoby Brisset costs you $30 million in todays NFL. 

• Like 1