Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The firsts are ‘22 and ‘23.

this year they get an awful salary, average QB and a 3rd.

Yes, now they have two 1st round picks in ‘22 (their own + Rams), and two 1st round picks in ‘23 (their own + Rams) + they get a starting QB and a 3rd round pick. It’s a great deal for the Lions.

• Thanks 1

I think Jon Gruden is gonna start making some noise in LV....he has two QB's that may interest teams and he needs defense badly. I can't see him keeping both Carr and Marriota so one or both of them are gonna be in play here soon. This Stafford deal is gonna have a lot of ripple effects in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Hypothetically, let’s say we were trading Alex Smith and in return we get

A) 1st + 3rd in 2021

or

B) 3rd in 2021 + 1st in 2022 + 1st in 2023 + a starting QB to replace Alex. 

I’d trade Alex to the team offering the second option.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 4

Just now, kingdaddy said:

I think Jon Gruden is gonna start making some noise in LV....he has two QB's that may interest teams and he needs defense badly. I can't see him keeping both Carr and Marriota so one or both of them are gonna be in play here soon. This Stafford deal is gonna have a lot of ripple effects in my opinion. 

What’s his name (the GM who used to be the NFL Network draft guy) LOVED Marriota.  I doubt they trade him.  

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Derrick Carr?

He could be a darkhorse QB the Skins MIGHT be interested in.  He'd definitely not Stafford and has had some injury issues too.  There have been reports that Jon Gruden may want to move him.  I'm somewhat maybe lukewarm on it. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am assuming it comes out soon. Josina is no clown her sources are usually good so i am guessing good chance she was correct.  Will see.  I bet Keim discloses what it was soon. 

I wonder if the team actually wants it out there.  If they don’t, it won’t come out, especially if a player was involved.

Unless an agent or league source leaks it.  

If it’s true that Washington made a better offer I’m glad Detroit didn’t take it (regardless of the reasoning).  I think Detroit got a very good deal and the Rams got out from under a QB contract they didn’t want.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He could be a darkhorse QB the Skins MIGHT be interested in.  He'd definitely not Stafford and has had some injury issues too.  There have been reports that Jon Gruden may want to move him.  I'm somewhat maybe lukewarm on it. 

They'd still have to replace him, which makes a deal unlikely, IMO.  

Whew. I wanted Stafford but that price is STEEP. And we apparently had a better offer? Give the details!

One potential upside - this means the Lions likely aren't going QB at 7 - which gives us a potential opportunity to snag one of the top 4, or at least, better odds.

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

They'd still have to replace him, which makes a deal unlikely, IMO.  

They have Mariotta and there have been reports that they like him a lot.  

Edited by RWJ

11 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

No he doesnt.  I mean this respectfully but you dont know what youre talking about.

Lions didn't take on Jared Goff and his contract for a 2023 first round pick if they didn't want him. 

JMO but that makes no sense.