Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

And Mahomes?  That was Andy Fricken Reid. If we had a guy with that rep telling us to trade up, I'd be into it. If we make a trade to get a QB, I think it will probably be a bust.

I think the difference is when you’re drafting 25th you:

a) already have a pretty solid team around you

and

b) are in a position where you probably have a fairly well-rounder roster so you can take chances like that.

2 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

Most players in NFL history that were traded for at least two 1st round picks were a bust. Someone posted an article a few days back with the names in this thread. It's such a waste. Heck, LA used 8 picks to obtain the #1 pick to get Goff and then to trade him away (Thee 1sts, two 2nd rounders, and three 3rd rounders). Jay Culter was traded for two 1st round picks and 3rd. 😂

Julio Jones

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

We’re back on the “we’re going to lose picks for Snyder being a scumbag” thing? I very much doubt the League punishes the team for the owner. If anything, they go hard on Snyder and try their best to force a sale. 

But anything is possible I guess with this franchise. 

Suspension, Fine, draft picks, loss of cap space?  If the nfl is serious about sexual harassment and related issues; they will go after us hard. Make an example of us. Just watch.

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Suspension, Fine, draft picks, loss of cap space?  If the nfl is serious about sexual harassment and related issues; they will go after us hard. Make an example of us. Just watch.

Wow, maybe we do want to trade our 1st round pick before it's taken from us????

Would the NFL take a 1st rounder from a team that already traded it...in principle? 

31 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wow, maybe we do want to trade our 1st round pick before it's taken from us????

Would the NFL take a 1st rounder from a team that already traded it...in principle? 

If they wanted a 1st taken, I think they would be willing to take a 2022.  I don't think they'd harm team teams for the actions of one. 

Think if it was to Raiders and they traded it to Texans...  or something like that.  It would be pretty darn messy.

1 hour ago, sportsnut said:

EtWYMiwXAAIa4Pi?format=jpg&name=large

Most QB's are over drafted, half of this list had no place being drafted in the first round.

Lawrence, Fields and Wilson are first rounders.

If WFT didn't need a QB, how many of you would consider Lance deserving of a top 10 pick, or Mac Jones being drafted in the first round?  Crazy

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I wonder if this means anything or nothing like for trading Mariota or Carr?

This is great news if WFT wants Carr or Mariota

For what ever reason Gruden really likes this guy

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Wow that's pretty depressing

Drafting QB's is almost always a crap shoot. Andrew Luck, was drafted 1st in 2012 and RG3 was drafted 2nd in the same draft. Look where they are now? Luck is not even in the league anymore and RG3 just got cut as 3rd string QB by the Ravens (where he was lucky to even get a job as 3rd string QB).

On the other hand Kirk Cousins, who was drafted in the 4th round of the same draft RG3 was drafted in is the starting QB of the Vikings, no slouch of a team. Tom Brady wasn't drafted until the sixth round and I don't even have to mention where he is now.

Forrest Gump would probably say that drafting QB's is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Where would you suggest drafting a QB?  Do you realize the miss rate after round 1?  Or the miss rate from the middle of the first round on for that matter 

idk but we don't have to keep giving up draft picks to get one. draft and develop. not every starting QB is a top 5 pick last time I checked. we should always be drafting Qb's. Draft one every year like we use to. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I think the difference is when you’re drafting 25th you:

a) already have a pretty solid team around you

and

b) are in a position where you probably have a fairly well-rounder roster so you can take chances like that.

Julio Jones

Jones was a 1st round pick swap in 2011, along with their 2012 1st (so technically it wasn’t two first round picks):

The Atlanta Falcons selected Jones with the sixth overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft. Atlanta traded five draft picks to the Cleveland Browns to move up into their spot and take Jones, giving up their 27th, 59th, and 124thpicks from the 2011 Draft, and their first and fourth round picks from the 2012 Draft.[80] He was the second wide receiver to be taken in the 2011 NFL Draft, behind only A. J. Green of the Georgia Bulldogs, who was selected fourth overall by the Cincinnati Bengals. In addition, he was one of five Alabama Crimson Tide players to be selected that year.[81] Jones wears #11 with the Falcons.[82]

source: Wiki

Edited by heyholetsgogrant

Apparently, Hurney and Mayhew stressed the importance of finding the right quarterback, but not necessarily this offseason. So I guess they made their push. You figure now would be the time to get that FA since COVIT is still going to a constraint.

Not sure why that posted a billion times. 

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Apparently, Hurney and Mayhew stressed the importance of finding the right quarterback, but not necessarily this offseason. So I guess they made their push. You figure now would be the time to get that FA since COVIT is still going to a constraint.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 

• Haha 6

https://www.the33rdteam.com/post/after-stafford-goff-trade-what-s-next-for-nfl-s-qb-carousel

Pretty slim pickings on this list. The only "marquee" QB on the list as far as I'm concerned is Watson. Big Ben is an over the hill marquee QB. The others on the list, no way.

If Watson does happen to come on the trading block, he is the kind of big name, flashy, player that Snyder loves to push the FO aside to try and get.(think Haskins, Jeff George, 
Deon Sanders, etc. etc.) I understand that it was Dan who pushed Ron to offer Amari Cooper huge money last year (and which ultimately failed). Who knows what he might do this year.   

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Most QB's are over drafted, half of this list had no place being drafted in the first round.

Lawrence, Fields and Wilson are first rounders.

If WFT didn't need a QB, how many of you would consider Lance deserving of a top 10 pick, or Mac Jones being drafted in the first round?  Crazy

This is great news if WFT wants Carr or Mariota

For what ever reason Gruden really likes this guy

rE: QBs being over drafted/Lance:

Lance would be a high upside second or third rounder with his film and athletic prowess but a lack of a true body of work. Probably second. Similar to his OT, Radunz. 

Ive been looking at my rankings and thinking ahead of how my top 10 is going to go... I’m going to do it based on how good of folks football player you are at your position in relation to other guys... IE: I don’t care if you’re a QB.

And right now at this moment, and I will likely have changes my top 5 is:

1. Penei Sewell

2. DeVanta Smith 

3. Najee Harris

4. Kyle Pitts

5. Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields

in my head I kept going. Wilson in the teens, Lance in the 30s. 

Another thing that stood out, but off topic: The defensive guys don’t rank all that high in this draft. I think Moehrig could be the best defensive player in the draft. Followed by Collins.

Micah Parsons, if somehow clean, is probably 5 to be honest. QBs below him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I understand that it was Dan who pushed Ron to offer Amari Cooper huge money last year (and which ultimately failed). Who knows what he might do this year.   

Where did you hear this? You are the first person I've heard mention this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Where would you suggest drafting a QB?  Do you realize the miss rate after round 1?  Or the miss rate from the middle of the first round on for that matter 

Yeah but whose to say Stafford makes us a contender...his history is 3 playoff appearances in 11 years along with mediocrity when it comes down to wins and loses ...ill take my chances with the 4 picks we woulda given up to get him amd drafted a qb with all 4 picks...the rams fans will hate this trade by this time next year

Edited by CjSuAvE22

13 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

McLaurin, Terrace Marshall, Curtis Samuel at WR with a stacked defense and an additional piece along the OL for long-term depth would put Darnold in a position to succeed.

Bro, Darnold sees dead people.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 

giphy.gif