Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA Bust - Landon Collins

Silvernon

Of course he’s a bust.  How can any franchise sign a high dollar free agent?  High dollar free agents are a waste of time and money.  All you got to do is look at the latest trends of free agent busts.  I just hope we learn from this mistake and be very careful when we sign free agents. 

I don't get why we keeping signing these high price defensive players, NONE of them pan out; Stubblefield, Archuleta, Haynesworth, Collins, Norman, etc. I'm sick of these bums coming here for a payday. Defense, unlike offense needs to work as a unit, one player clearly doesn't make a difference.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant

Looking like the serious injury will sideline Collins for sometime. Hopefully not of course, irrespective of his mixed performances.

Just looked at his reported contract terms, appears that his 2021 salary of 12.5mil is guaranteed for injury on the 5th day of the 2021 league year. I would assume that a long term achillies will result in that clause activating?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Heard last night it was a torn Achilles and he was out for the year.

Likely extends his recovery well into the 2021 league year, meaning he’s going nowhere anything some. 

Eric Reid needs to be getting an 18 months contract that runs through the 2021 season

• Like 2

Paying that kind of money for a SS was always a terrible idea, even before he stepped on the field for us. Like the Trotter signing years ago, it was just pissing away big money to steal a big name from a division rival with no analysis of how different schemes inflate performance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Lose lips sink ships...hopefully this is a sign that the mole has been weeded out.

I mean, if we're worried about loose lips sinking this ship in regards to what FA safety we're signing off the scrap heap, I dunno.  I agree to a certain extent but I really don't care what gets leaked when it comes to in season FA acquisitions.  

54 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Good read about who is out there for SS options.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/5-free-agents-washington-can-sign-replace-landon-collins

1.  Eric Reid (rumored to be "in coming")

2.  Reshad Jones

3.  Haha Clinton-Dix (big no IMO)

4.  Kurt Coleman

5.  Tony Jefferson

Reshad Jones is the biggest name by far, but he's 32 and was injured for all of last year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean, if we're worried about loose lips sinking this ship in regards to what FA safety we're signing off the scrap heap, I dunno.  I agree to a certain extent but I really don't care what gets leaked when it comes to in season FA acquisitions.  

Sorry...I should have elaborated.  I was thinking more of the change in culture within the organization in regards to leaking information to the media.  I understand how a leaked mid season FA signing would not sink this ship.

• Like 1