Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA Bust - Landon Collins

Silvernon

When you play a guy as bad as Collins just because he is highly paid it sets a bad precisedent & screws up any team chemistry you thought you were building.

On 9/28/2021 at 3:45 PM, PartyPosse said:

Money's too big now. Not like we have anything behind him that's better.

Terrible mindset.  The same exact mindset that has us where we are.  So you’d rather pay a bum because you might as well because the guys behind him are probably just as bad?  Wow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, -JB- said:

When you play a guy as bad as Collins just because he is highly paid it sets a bad precisedent & screws up any team chemistry you thought you were building.

Terrible mindset.  The same exact mindset that has us where we are.  So you’d rather pay a bum because you might as well because the guys behind him are probably just as bad?  Wow.

I’m fine benching him and seeing what the others have to offer, but cutting him and playing another rookie (Forrest) isn’t going to help the rest of the time find their groove.

It feels like an eternity ago when everyone was so jacked for this signing, they were downplaying the $ it took to get him here, and rolling around in the warm and fuzzies about the Sean Taylor jersey Dan gave him at dinner.

Folks were giving me a hard time and chalking up my lack of enthusiasm for the move to my disdain for the guys in charge.  That said, he's been worse than I envisioned.  He belongs somewhere on the Mt. Rushmore of Dan Snyder's free agent busts.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Are we sure he's freelancing? Maybe he just doesn't know his assignment. It would explain why he can't fix it.

If he doesn't know his job in a cover 2 shell were in trouble.

Same can be said for the corners because I’m not in the meetings rooms hearing how they are dealing with different route combos

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It feels like an eternity ago when everyone was so jacked for this signing, they were downplaying the $ it took to get him here, and rolling around in the warm and fuzzies about the Sean Taylor jersey Dan gave him at dinner.

Folks were giving me a hard time and chalking up my lack of enthusiasm for the move to my disdain for the guys in charge.  That said, he's been worse than I envisioned.  He belongs somewhere on the Mt. Rushmore of Dan Snyder's free agent busts.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him demoted to punt protector.  Like the last great FA safety we paid a boatload of $ to.  

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean Norman was at least pretty good his first couple years. He didn't really SUCK suck until his final year.

Yep I thought Norman was really good his first year (I remember only AJ Green really killing him that year), decent his 2nd year and then started to fall off in year 3. It makes sense -he was 29 his first year, 30 his 2nd year, etc.

2 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

1) Haynesworth

2) Archuleta

3) Collins

4) George

My understanding was that Archuleta was on Gregg Williams.

hey, remember Roy Williams, the Dallas safety whose career took a hit when he couldn't horsecollar anyone anymore?  Just thinking about safeties who can't cover a lick.

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

My understanding was that Archuleta was on Gregg Williams.

hey, remember Roy Williams, the Dallas safety whose career took a hit when he couldn't horsecollar anyone anymore?  Just thinking about safeties who can't cover a lick.

Archuleta played so bad I automatically assumed it was a Snyder signing. Might as well put Deion on the list…someone who probably should have tried using the horse collar.

I remember Roy Williams destroying Rod Gardner at the end of a Monday Night game that should have been a penalty but was never called. This was during the stretch when they beat us something like 12 straight? 

In hindsight we should have tried to sign Brian Dawkins when he left Philly for Denver. Remember when he suplexed James Thrash?

15 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Archuleta played so bad I automatically assumed it was a Snyder signing. Might as well put Deion on the list…someone who probably should have tried using the horse collar.

I remember Roy Williams destroying Rod Gardner at the end of a Monday Night game that should have been a penalty but was never called. This was during the stretch when they beat us something like 12 straight? 

In hindsight we should have tried to sign Brian Dawkins when he left Philly for Denver. Remember when he suplexed James Thrash?

I do remember that suplex.  I think Archuleta was one of those workout warriors, maybe even some hidden PED use but even for Rams he was an in the box safety and I just think that type of safety was not long for the game even back then.  I bet there are still some but the system probably covers for them a bit more.  That and Arch may have had his run and collected his bonus and was "out."

Deion single-handedly won us the Saint Louis game and it wasn't like he got burned every game so I don't know I can consider him on Mt. Rushmore.