Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA Bust - Landon Collins

Silvernon

Have we seen enough at this point to classify the signing of Collins as a huge mistake?

The money was always too much for a box safety, and now he's targeted by the offense as a weak link. 

Not quite in the realm of Adam Archuleta, but he's supposed to count 17 million next season, and they would save $4 million of that cutting him. 

Shocked that we're picking on Apke when the highest paid defender is one of the worst players on the team. 

• Thanks 2

Loved the signing.

However, I thought his play was over rated last year and this year it’s even worse.

That said, I’m that lost with the way this season has played out so far for the team overall that I’ll reserve judgement on him for a few more weeks yet.

hated the signing at the time and hate it even more now. collins stinks. i really can't think of anything he does well. what's worse is giving him a ton of money. what did they actually see in him on film that says he was worth the money they gave him. 

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Y’all are tripping.

He's been really, really, really bad.

But he's far from the only one. He is paid too much to be as poor as he is as it pertains to angles and coverage awareness, for sure. But as sad is it is he is still probably the best player of our linebackers and safeties. He's the highest paid and should be, but that should give some perspective as to how bad our coverage unit really is. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He's been really, really, really bad.

But he's far from the only one. He is paid too much to be as poor as he is as it pertains to angles and coverage awareness, for sure. But as sad is it is he is still probably the best player of our linebackers and safeties. He's the highest paid and should be, but that should give some perspective as to how bad our coverage unit really is. 

But is this even true? 

Has he been better than KPL? Heavens no. 

3 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

But is this even true? 

Has he been better than KPL? Heavens no. 

I don't know. KPL hasn't been good, either. He's our best LB. But if you're telling me we're going to be in a debate about who is better between KPL and Landon Collins we all lose :ols:

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't know. KPL hasn't been good, either. He's our best LB. But if you're telling me we're going to be in a debate about who is better between KPL and Landon Collins we all lose :ols:

I really don't think it's a debate. KPL has been the only good player in those units. 

Collins is playing like a scrub. 

I am by no means a coach, expert or anything in between.  I watch that clip above and see 3 guys covering 2 receivers, a second safety hanging around in case a receiver comes into his area, and 3 LB's waiting for a sole RB to come out of the backfield.  I mean, if that is how the defense is going to cover you, I see why the RAMs sent two receivers to one side to take on three defenders, leave 7 to protect the QB and have the RB fool 3 LBs.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Didn’t Derwin James go to the playoffs with the chargers in 2018? Or was he still on IR at that point?

I stand corrected, he did go to the playoffs and he won a playoff game so he's got a leg up on Reed.

• Like 2