Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

more salt to the wound. saw on twitter that as a franchise we're now 604-605 and below .500 for the first time since 1975. yaay. that trend will probably continue this season

I thought we fell through that mark last year or the year before lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Because the entire coaching staff knew it wasn't going to happen. So did all of the fans. Haskins was playing like trash, and we had no run game. I think they just wanted it to be over with.

Not saying it was right or wrong to not take the timeouts, but there was zero hope for us near the end and everyone knew it. 

This. 

Plus Rivera has Cleveland D/St in fantasy. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He sucks. Your just spewing nonsense because you claimed he doesn’t suck. Simple as that. It’s about you not him. It’s over for him. Bust. Period.

I have not claimed he sucks or doesn’t suck.  I have said we have no idea yet.  

Shrug.  I was against the pick when they made it.  I have absolutely no horse in this race.  I don’t honestly care. If Rivera moves to Somebody else next week I wouldn’t give a hoot.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

Play calling has been a bit suspect.  We need another WR that catches regularly.  Is dez still out there?  Thomas is still too raw.... this is going to be a bad year.  Get ready for it.  

We have young receivers yes, but they need a lot more reps, and we need a veteran receiving presence to rotate in there, so McLauren can get real breaks.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So here’s the thing with Haskins: he’s in his ~12th start.  He started 10 college games. He is massively inexperienced.  He’s going to have games like this. 

Having young QBs throw a ton of ints and cost their team games early is kindof a thing that happens.  

What you want to see is progress. You want to see flashes.  You want to see some good plays.

Peyton Manning threw 20 INTS.  Aikman was 1-15. Josh Allen was terrible.

The question is, will Haskins progress?  I’d argue a lot of this game was better than previous games, but there were a lot more mistakes.  

He’s still missing throws to open guys.  That’s troubling.  His mechanics are all over the place.  That’s troubling.  

I have absolutely no idea if he’s going to develop into a franchise QB. I’d say probably not but stranger things have happened.  

While you're not wrong, this reads like someone looking for anything to grasp on to. And I don't blame you in the absolute least for that. 

He has some really bad habits that haven't improved much. That's what you want to see with a young QB struggling.

The positive? He does show glimpses. But he's just not showing the ability to improve.

He's going to get more time. If my theory on Rivera is accurate, that he's focused on process rather than results, he's going to keep letting Haskins play. So if he's going to get it, he's going to get it. If not, there will be no reason not to move on. And Rivera knows that. Agree or disagree with that strategy, it seems like that's what he's doing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

I had so much hope for Rivera. This whole throwing in the towel and not trying to win games is leaving me a little less hopeful. Game looked more of the same.

This is a franchise where coaches come to fail and often in new and miserable ways. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Yes. We are not winning this game, nor likely much at all this year. I don't see the reason. Now if your team is playing hard and has a chance, go for it. 

I'm not saying tank this year... but higher draft position is important for us. 

99.9% of time the team will lose we get that.  This team has sucked for 20 years +.  It’s 2nd hand nature to the team.  They are good at losing.  But I have never seen a coaching staff capitulate like this staff.  I’ve seen unbelievable endings to games - like the miracle in the Meadowlands.  But this coaching staff’s waving a white flag before the gun has sounded?  Well, I guess the entire organization is starting to buy into the losing.   

• Like 2

Just now, RedskinsLegacy said:

I just don't see Haskins ever becoming an elite QB. All the coaching in the world can't make an average pedestrian a great player. This kid struggles to hit an open receiver only 10 yards away.

You can't teach accuracy. You have it or you don't. His mechanics are still awful, but he doesn't seem to be capable of consistently throwing accurate passes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

There's always a chance he can turn it around, but I've been watching football for 25 years and my eyes tell me he doesn't have "it". He just doesn't look the part of a franchise QB. 

Feel the same.  I haven’t been impressed by his off the field personality but that’s not a big issue if his on the field ability Worthy of a starting QB.  Haskins is a disappointment plain and simple.  Need to build the O Line and fill holes in other places and find a QB in FA or the draft.  

to bad as the NFCE is up for grabs by a mediocre team.