Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

Maybe its a Major League situation, where he was paying the refs for us to lose, so he could then move the team due to lack of fan support.  Only Charlie Sheen can save us now.

Mexico City Aztecs! I'd love a team in PR. I'd go all the time.

9 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Or...

- everyone expects us to lose

- pay refs to ensure we lose 

- bet money behind the scenes on us losing

- Profit

That's possible I suppose.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

The leaking of the existence of a story could've been anybody.  And probably not somebody who shoulda been making that call.  It only takes one person to say something they shouldnt, doesnt make it an authorized leak.  

I dont necessarily look at it as a delay.  The story could be on the timeline it was always on.  Word got out somehow and now everybody thinks they're stalling 

Also, I'd imagine there was a ton of sniffing around, people being asked questions, etc. that the leak doesn't necessarily have to be the reporter or the paper.  With a report going as deep as even a portion of these rumors imply, folks are bound to know something is up - including Dan.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I would agree with that, but someone over the past week leaked that the WP was going to publish a big story. If they weren't ready, they shouldn't have leaked it until it was ready to publish.

The Post would undoubtedly leak that a story is coming, but they wouldn't be the only ones.

The reporters all have the same basic pool of sources, and they'll pick up scuttlebutt on what the other media outlets are doing. For non-Post reporters on Twitter, their interest in tweeting this is to essentially get a free ride on the hype. They help build their own brand by getting more Twitter views and followers, not to mention clicks on their own articles.

As for the Post, this story verges on a bet-the-company move. Running a story that could cause a man to lose control of a multi-billion dollar business could result in a multi-billion dollar lawsuit if the story is wrong or not sourced firmly enough to be provable. The Post has to balance being first with making sure to get it right. As more of their competitors figure out the details of the story, the Post risks losing control of it, but if the story is complex and involves deep sources it may be difficult for other outlets to put together a lawsuit-proof piece themselves without the weeks or months of effort the Post has undoubtedly put in.

With the Twitter hype going stratospheric, I do think there's a risk of the actual story being a letdown. Anything less than Snyder and Jeffrey Epstein running coke and underage girls between the USA and Mexico on Redskins One is going to seem anti-climactic.

If I had to guess, it's probably more like Snyder knowing that certain of his underlings were engaged in scandalous and possibly illegal behavior. Now, if someone like Bruce Allen did a document dump at the Post, this might end up being "here's a whole bunch of really bad things you didn't know about Dan Snyder." In that case, he might want to stay out there in international waters for awhile. :lol:

1 minute ago, benskins26 said:

My guess is that this story will be delayed now. I'm logging off. 

Im guessing the Washington Post is experienced enough to know the Redskins were going to hire a lawyer and try to quiet it down once they got wind.  If they didnt, they are some of the dumbest idiots in the world.  So no, I dont think this will effect the release, this is just the Redskins scrambling to react and was always going to happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Im guessing the Washington Post is experienced enough to know the Redskins were going to hire a lawyer and try to quiet it down once they got wind.  If they didnt, they are some of the dumbest idiots in the world.  So no, I dont think this will effect the release, this is just the Redskins scrambling to react and was always going to happen.

In a story with multi-billion dollar ramifications, there's going to be a long process between the Post's lawyers, editors and reporters. And yes, Jeff Bezos and his executive team. Every single word is going to be scrutinized a hundred times. Legal pitfalls mapped. PR strategies developed. Follow-up stories planned.

Traditionally, Friday and Saturday were the days to release stories you wanted buried. However, we live in a perpetual news cycle now (especially we're all stuck inside all day), so I'm not sure that applies anymore. The Post could release the story in the afternoon today or tomorrow for huge online impact when the maximum number of people are online. They do risk a leak taking the air out of the balloon, though.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If anyone is interested in Beth Wilkinsons trial history you can read it here.  It may give us a hint as to what may be going on.

She's defended the NCAA, Phillip Morris, many big businesses in class action suits and even a RICO case.

https://www.wilkinsonwalsh.com/who-we-are/beth-wilkinson/

Wonder how quickly her email address is going to disappear from that webpage after legions of butthurt Redskins fans are going after her.

I can't believe I'm rooting for the WaPo here.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wonder how quickly her email address is going to disappear from that webpage after legions of butthurt Redskins fans are going after her.

wasn't she hired by the team?

why would fans have a problem with her?

Edited by redskinss

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't believe I'm rooting for the WaPo here.  

I'm with ya, I'm all in on getting this douche outta here.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Why should fans go after he?. Dan hired her to cover his sorry ass.  It's going to be bad.

Let's hope the uproar is bad enough, Dan will be forced to sell.  Regardless of whether they are able to play a season or not; 2020 is already a lost season for us.

Just get this stuff out in the open. Deal with it.  If the ultimate impact is Dan selling; then let it happen as quickly as possible.  If there penalties for team; then let it happen.

Get it over and done with; so we can move on.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To me any punishments to the team would feel like a punishment to the fans.  We've been through enough.  Bring criminal charges against the people who did wrong and let us move on toward positive things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Skins hire powerful attorney for "Culture Review"

Yeah, I'm sure Snyder hired a prominent, powerful and renowned attorney to come in for her to say "yep, your culture is dog ****!". In no way was she brought in to handle the fierce blowback that's about to occur when the WP publishes that damning expose.

No sir.

I really have to wonder how much Ron knew before getting on board and what his influence in everything actually is. 

It seems like a situation that may have been brewing for a long time and is only now ready. This is a complete and total rebranding. 

I doubt this will be a football related thing and don't see the team being hurt.