Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I can't link it since it's a live YouTube show, but Pat McAfee just alluded to the story, and how huge a bombshell it will be after getting a text from a couple of "sources".  Interestingly, he said that the "on the field" portion of this bombshell could be the bigger deal than the off the field drama.  He also said that this has the potential to be "shield-splitting" if true, which I think means that this could cause big problems for the NFL in general, not just Washington.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I can't link it since it's a live YouTube show, but Pat McAfee just alluded to the story, and how huge a bombshell it will be after getting a text from a couple of "sources".  Interestingly, he said that the "on the field" portion of this bombshell could be the bigger deal than the off the field drama.  He also said that this has the potential to be "shield-splitting" if true, which I think means that this could cause big problems for the NFL in general, not just Washington.

Whoa.

"On the field" could mean several things.  Shield splitting is...scary.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Saw something yesterday saying that Snyder has been paying refs off for the last 4 years and he isn't the only owner that's been doing it. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It matters a ton. We already know that ratings were down over the past couple of years. Having someone with Bezo's wealth in the club ensures the league does not fold in the event of lost TV revenue. Bezos could fund the entire league for decades if necessary. 

I'm not sure about that.  I don't think Bezos would dip into his personal wealth to support the league if it was in dire straights.  I think he would do everything he could do to get out with as little loss as possible.  Because Billionaires hate losing money.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't want Elon anywhere near this team.  You think the ticket office has issues now.  Once Elon gets a hold of it, you would never be able to talk to anybody, you'd have to do everything through an app, the app wouldn't work, and everything would be miserable.

That said, he does build a damn good car. 

He must train the service reps for the big 3 also then, not any different except for the damn good car part 😄FYI , The  MCU is short for the Motor Control Unit, it’s affixed to  one of the motors and is basically it’s brain.

( I’m in the automotive field)

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Do you think it's a player safety thing? Between the known field conditions at FedEx, the Trent Williams situation and our propensity for guys to get injured way more than other teams, I could see them getting in trouble for pushing doctors to get guys on the field too soon.  And I'm sure it happens to some degree in every franchise.  The league is still reeling from the concussion coverups.

47 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Why do I feel like this story isn't going to drop. When do big news stories tend to drop anyway? Could they be waiting until tonight so that it goes to print in the paper tomorrow? Do they even care about that at this point?

I get the same sense. The league > Dan's worst issues and they want to bury this thing so the lawyers are talking to lawyers forging a way to make this go away but without damaging the image of the league, as a priority.

The problem is: Dan cannot sell with a turn of the key which is the ultimate punishment that Mara Management LLC can Ron McDole out.  So, I expect this to drag on as gag orders are being filed faster than the Fed can print money to prop up the markets.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Man, that sounds like a lot of hyperbole by McAfee.  It better be the biggest scandal in league history after build up like that.  

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Saw something yesterday saying that Snyder has been paying refs off for the last 4 years and he isn't the only owner that's been doing it. 

If true, that's a bigger problem for the league than the team, or for Snyder for that matter.  They'll force him to sell but he'll walk away with billions.  They'll be repairing the PR damage for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I get the same sense. The league > Dan's worst issues and they want to bury this thing so the lawyers are talking to lawyers forging a way to make this go away but without damaging the image of the league, as a priority.

The problem is: Dan cannot sell with a turn of the key which is the ultimate punishment the Mara Management LLC can Ron McDole out.  So, I expect this to drag on as gag orders are being filed faster than the Fed can print money to prop up the markets.

Oh no, no...no no no nope.

For all their chest puffing, and all of their "Democracy Dies in Darkness" posturing and moral grandstanding...this is coming out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yesterday, one of the computer brains in the car (something called an MCU) died, and the only way to get them to talk to me about what I needed to do was to drive my somewhat broken car to the service center, register online as a check-in, and then when the horse's ass service rep called to say they couldn't do anything for me, just leave it and they would give me an uber voucher, demand to speak to the "highest ranking person in the building, outside, with a mask."  That guy finally came out, reminded me we were in a pandemic (no **** sherlock), told me I was endagering his life (we were standing 2 car lengths apart from each other, outside, both wearing masks, fwiw) and then FINALLY had somebody come out and look at the car, determine what was wrong, and figure out a plan of action. In total, it took 4 phone calls, 1 rant, and 3 hours to get them to figure out my car was broken.  

I don't want Elon anywhere near this team.  You think the ticket office has issues now.  Once Elon gets a hold of it, you would never be able to talk to anybody, you'd have to do everything through an app, the app wouldn't work, and everything would be miserable.

That said, he does build a damn good car. 

This is what happens when you have the Marvel Cinematic Universe as one of the brains of your car.

• Haha 1

Just now, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

He must train the service reps for the big 3 also then, not any different except for the damn good car part 😄FYI , The  MCU is short for the Motor Control Unit, it’s affixed to  one of the motors and is basically it’s brain.

( I’m in the automotive field)

So, I disagree a bit.  I've had Fords, Chevy's, a VW for 8 years, my wife had a Kia and a Dodge, then a couple of Lexuses (Lexi? What's the plural of Lexus?) and an Infiniti.  I've NEVER, EVER had a problem getting the service department to pick up the phone.  That's the biggest issue with the Tesla service folks. You can't actually talk to them.  Ever.  It's like banned.  They just want to text you updates.  And for some things, that works really well.  But if you actually have a problem, it's really hard to get answers on anything.  

Now, once you get INTO service, I agree, the quality is somewhat similar.  But at least you can talk to a person.  

The best service team I ever had to deal with was at VW of Fairfax back in the early 2000. They were great.  Tesla is the worst by miles.  Ford wasn't great.  We'll see on Infiniti.  We just leased the car last fall, haven't needed them yet.  

I got it: Dan Snyder lied to Trent Williams about his medical condition so he could secretly remove the tumor and use it to devise an experimental cure for Alex Smith's leg.  Unfortunately, he hired a poorly-regulated Chinese lab to do the work and the samples were cross-contaminated with DNA samples from Epstein's victims, which caused a mutation of the common flu that we now know as the deadly COVID-19 strain.

Think about it Sheeple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1