Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

17 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Has anybody here ever defended Dan.. I'm not poking at you this question ran across my mind earlier does anybody ever recall seeing anybody here ever defend Dan?

I remember sort of defending Dan, but that was in like 2007 or 2008.  It was more of a "give him the benefit of the doubt" argument. 

Well Dan utterly eviscerated that perspective...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Why is everyone assuming Bezos wants the team?  Has he said something to that effect?  We might end up with someone entirely different.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/jeff-bezos-wants-into-the-nfl

Bezos owns the Post, he moved to DC, and he's been apparently vocal about wanting to own an NFL franchise.  There are not many NFL teams up for sale right now, and the Redskins may be the next one to come available.. that happens to be in the town he lives in..

Dots are being connected. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

Why is everyone assuming Bezos wants the team?  Has he said something to that effect?  We might end up with someone entirely different.  

Because he has expressed interest in wanting an NFL team. 

Edit: DAMN MY SLOW SINGLE FINGER TYPING ON MY PHONE....

Edited by Xameil
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Other teams?  Because that sounds like Bezos would have two then while his paper is wiping out the credibility of a lot of the remaining ones.

I wont bring this up again in this thread unless someone quotes me.

I was just referencing the fact that the same 'conflict of interest' is already happening with the current team.   Snyder owned Red Zebra when it became the radio station that covered the team.. Not much different than Bezos owning the Post and the Redskins... 

Reading your post a bit more i get what you're saying.

If Bezos wants the team and his publication just HAPPENS to be the one that breaks the story forcing the team to then come available.. it would make you wonder the validity of the information.  

It's very possible that the delay is because of just that.  They need to be 100% sure and they need lawyers and everyone else to go through it to make sure it doesn't come back as anything other than factual reporting, not a smear campaign. 

Edited by OVCChairman

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

*sigh...noted. You sound exhausted, as are a lot of people, my dad said something similar.

Thats cause me and your dad hang out and drink beers.

At the end of the day, man, this is entertainment.  This is a few steps up from the WWE.  It is spectacle.  And if Bezos would want in, I'd be in line to roll out the red carpet for him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kleese said:

I’m starting to get a little nervous that the “bombshell” is going to be: 

“Rich and powerful pro athletes and executives like to party balls”

Unless there‘s a law broken, this might be a whole lot of nothing. 

Edited by heyholetsgogrant

Just now, Burgold said:

I don't really get this. If the Washington Post publishes a story of actions done by the Redskins so horrible that it forces the NFL to strip Snyder of his ownership then unless the story is false or misleading the Washington Post bares zero blame for the results. 

The misdeeds belong to those who did wrong, not those who reported on the wrongs, not the owner of the paper. The fault lies a 100% with the wrongdoer.

I'm done if you really asking this. 

This isnt about defending the Redskins, this is in response to folks wanting Bezos to buy the team, the owner of the paper and guy openly saying he wants to buy an NFL team.

If folks want to dive head first into the pool with this guy, so be it.  I wish there was this type of energy when I was trying to get Dan to sell the team last year.

I jus want the report and go from there now, I'm opinionated, I know that.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Knowing how bad this had been behind the scenes, jus didnt say anything about it.

A Bruce tell all would jus confirm what a lot of them knew but didnt want to say to interfer with their leak game, another reason this report will be so damaging for more then jus the franchise itself.

Noooo. An honest upstanding guy like Bruce would never do such a thing. I'll stake my next paycheck from the team on it.😉

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Yes, there was a time when you would be labeled a hater if you even looked at Dan funny. Times have changed but he still has his little bubble of supporters.

Exactly. Hell, there were even dyed in the wool Vinny supporters here until the bitter end. Eventually it became apparent to everyone, well, everyone except (until yesterday) Larry Michaels, that the emperor has no clothes.

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/jeff-bezos-wants-into-the-nfl

Bezos owns the Post, he moved to DC, and he's been apparently vocal about wanting to own an NFL franchise.  There are not many NFL teams up for sale right now, and the Redskins may be the next one to come available.. that happens to be in the town he lives in..

Dots are being connected. 

Yes the dots are being connected. NFL owners would definitely see the benefit of a merger between the NFL and Amazon. The media aspects of it alone would be a huge benefit to the league. 

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I'm done if you really asking this. 

This isnt about defending the Redskins, this is in response to folks wanting Bezos to buy the team, the owner of the paper and guy openly saying he wants to buy an NFL team.

If folks want to dive head first into the pool with this guy, so be it.  I wish there was this type of energy when I was trying to get Dan to sell the team last year.

I think you're the only one here who's super concerned about the guy who owns the Post owning the football team.

Now, if he wanted to something that actually MATTERED...like running for office, I'd be agreeing with you.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thats cause me and your dad hang out and drink beers.

At the end of the day, man, this is entertainment.  This is a few steps up from the WWE.  It is spectacle.  And if Bezos would want in, I'd be in line to roll out the red carpet for him.

Being a skins fan as a kid was miserable trying to defend stuff that had nothing to do with football, but I pushed through it.

This...what's going on right now, I dont find it entertaining at all. Neither will my kids.

6 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I remember sort of defending Dan, but that was in like 2007 or 2008.  It was more of a "give him the benefit of the doubt" argument. 

Well Dan utterly eviscerated that perspective...

You have a hot dog doing the tango with a taco for an avatar..that explains it..that's frickin hilarious btw..aka by the way.

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

Noooo. An honest upstanding guy like Bruce would never do such a thing. I'll stake my next paycheck from the team on it.😉

Exactly. Hell, there were even dyed in the wool Vinny supporters here until the bitter end. Eventually it became apparent to everyone, well, everyone except (until yesterday) Larry Michaels, that the emperor has no clothes.

The emperor better ****ing have some clothes here.  At least a robe.  Don't need to see any photos of Dan getting dirty.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think you're the only one here who's super concerned about the guy who owns the Post owning the football team.

Now, if he wanted to something that actually MATTERED...like running for office, I'd be agreeing with you.  

Theres a whole thread in tailgate about what Bezos is doing jus with companies he already owns. 

I also work in Cybersecurity in DC, stadium isnt the place for this convo and I'm trying not to get kicked out, so I'd like to drop it if folks think this is jus about him owning the post. 

No one will get where I'm coming from if they believe that's its it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

In fairness, the fans and perhaps even the league are at a point where they'd accept even Charlie Manson or Sideshow Bob with open arms to get rid of Lord Farquaad. At the very least, Bezos has an obvious history of running businesses well, staying out of the day to day running of things and as far as we know, not being a toxic personality. He's got Danny beat before he even sets foot in the door. I wouldn't have any expectations regarding success, but I would expect he could actually run the team in such a way that it won't be a laughingstock. Anything more than that is just gravy.

• Like 1