Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Didn't Cuban do the same thing? Hire an outside person to do an investigation into the toxic environment that was the Mavs? The problem is Cuban is liked so people actually believe him when he says he didn't know what was going on. Dan isn't going to have that luxury at all. 

3 minutes ago, mbws said:

I don't need Jesus. 

dude

if you think spiff using it as he did made it ok for you to make such an off-topic derailing-typr response such as this...um, no

no flag this time, just letting you know you forgot to put on pants :) 

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's not how he tells it.

c'mon people

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Why should fans go after her. Dan hired her to cover his sorry ass.  It's going to be bad.

The worry here is Wilkinson is being paid to make sure Dan keeps the team. She is the villain now. I'm not advocating anyone "go after her" but I will be forever butthurt if she is the reason Dan remains owner after all the bombshells and lawsuits. Dont do it Beth!!

13 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Im guessing the Washington Post is experienced enough to know the Redskins were going to hire a lawyer and try to quiet it down once they got wind.  If they didnt, they are some of the dumbest idiots in the world.  So no, I dont think this will effect the release, this is just the Redskins scrambling to react and was always going to happen.

If the Post has concerns on its own end about the quality of reporting in the article, it should have dealt with those concerns prior to allowing the "leaks."  If Snyder and Co. want to stop the publication, they would have to have a draft of the article themselves.  It would be difficult to file a claim for a restraining order if you do not know what you are seeking to enjoin, and more importantly what you are going to ask the court to enjoin. You cannot ask a court to prevent the publication of all articles having to do with the Redskins, or Snyder, or Larry Michael (or the Redskins, Snyder, Larry Michael, cocaine, and prostitutes).  My question would be: Does Snyder have a draft of the article?

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

f Snyder maintains ownership through this

Through what? We don't even know what he is going to maintain his ownership through?  

It's possible the Post got ahead of itself, it isn't nearly as bad as the doomsday tweets are indicating, and all of this is just to drum up interest and clicks for a story that doesn't mean anything.

It's also possible there is a tie to a Colombian drug cartel with allegations of coercion, drug and human trafficking, sexual abuse and murder.

Or anything in between.  (My guess it's in between.)

We don't know anything right now except for rampant speculation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

If the Post has concerns on its own end about the quality of reporting in the article, it should have dealt with those concerns prior to allowing the "leaks."  If Snyder and Co. want to stop the publication, they would have to have a draft of the article themselves.  It would be difficult to file a claim for a restraining order if you do not know what you are seeking to enjoin, and more importantly what you are going to ask the court to enjoin. You cannot ask a court to prevent the publication of all articles having to do with the Redskins, or Snyder, or Larry Michael (or the Redskins, Snyder, Larry Michael, cocaine, and prostitutes).  My question would be: Does Snyder have a draft of the article?

The post has lack of quality in a variety of areas of reporting.  

However, I am pretty sure Bezos doesn't want to get sued over a story which could be construed as slander if there isn't absolute hard and concrete proof.  So I'm sure they are crossing the t's and dotting the i's.  

That said, it's VERY like them to leak the big bombshell and not have everything buttoned up.  

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

that’s good enough for most of us lol

Now where is my pitchfork??

I keep mine next to the torch in the garage.  

5 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

I would imagine the Post reporters reached out to the team to comment on the story they were going to break.  They'd need to tell the team the specifics of what they were going to publish in order to get a comment.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would imagine the Post reporters reached out to the team to comment on the story they were going to break.  They'd need to tell the team the specifics of what they were going to publish in order to get a comment.  

And Dan went oh ****.  Damn you Allen. Now, I need to hire a lawyer.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Through what? We don't even know what he is going to maintain his ownership through?  

After EVERYTHING he has overseen. The disfunction, the controversies, the misgivings. The poor management of the team. Everything that has happened that has driven away the fan base. I don't care if it comes out that Bruce Allen is responsible for a bad sexist and boozy culture - that has the be enough in this day and age to force a change. To just allow Snyder to keep running this ****-show with everything that has happened under his watch, I just have no interest in rooting for a team with such a person at the top.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

That said, it's VERY like them to leak the big bombshell and not have everything buttoned up.  

Who said the post is leaking this stuff? To my knowledge, the buzz has been generated by all the surrounding media (not working for the post) hinting at this bombshell to be. The whole network of sources involved in providing the juicy details are probably all talking with the web of media that surrounds the team. I just dont see this as a case of the Post drumming up hype - but I very much hope they deliver. 

Man, I remember training camp 2013 I started a “Dan! Dan! Dan!” Chant to get him to come over to the fence and he signed a shirt I had. I was just happy to have RG3 (coming back from injury) and Shanny and thought we were headed in the right direction 

its too bad I’ve already lost that shirt or I’d likely be burning it this weekend as therapy 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If Snyder maintains ownership through this I think I may be done. FWIW I am one of the last of my original group of die-hard friend fans growing up that still cares about this team, so that says something. NFL should realize what's happening and force him out.

This is where I'm at as well.  I've mentioned in this and other threads that my fandom has been waning.  Just too much effort to put into it any more without any real benefit.  The most fun we get is offseason threads like this.  The name change had me waffling about continued support but then I realized it wasn't the name but Snyder's continued ownership under the new name.  So if Dan survives this, I'm most likely done as a 'die hard' Skins fan.  I'm sure I'll still pay attention to the standings and watch the few games they are on TV out here in Minnie-Snow-Ta, but beyond that, they won't get any more of my time and energy.  Having said that, I hope he gets bounced out and new ownership takes over that can reinvigorate the franchise and my fandom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Post and the team have probably been going back and forth on this for at least a week. 

The bottom line is that few complex stories are ever 100 percent airtight. There are undoubtedly anonymous sources being used, and those sources have to be given the option of backing out. The Post has to find alternate sources if any have backed out. If the story implicates criminal misconduct, the paper has consider the possibility of getting dragged into a criminal investigation and prosecutions.

Lots to deal with. Entire legal practices are built around this.

• Like 1