Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, I disagree a bit.  I've had Fords, Chevy's, a VW for 8 years, my wife had a Kia and a Dodge, then a couple of Lexuses (Lexi? What's the plural of Lexus?) and an Infiniti.  I've NEVER, EVER had a problem getting the service department to pick up the phone.  That's the biggest issue with the Tesla service folks. You can't actually talk to them.  Ever.  It's like banned.  They just want to text you updates.  And for some things, that works really well.  But if you actually have a problem, it's really hard to get answers on anything.  

Now, once you get INTO service, I agree, the quality is somewhat similar.  But at least you can talk to a person.  

The best service team I ever had to deal with was at VW of Fairfax back in the early 2000. They were great.  Tesla is the worst by miles.  Ford wasn't great.  We'll see on Infiniti.  We just leased the car last fall, haven't needed them yet.  

Wow no idea Tesla would be lacking that badly, honestly not familiar with their business practices just the vehicles. We’ve had a couple Infiniti’s and our service dept was excellent (Hampton roads area) hopefully yours is also. 

22 minutes ago, Bang said:

Maybe, maybe.. but i doubt it. Just started a great new contract, and that eats a lot of time.

~Bang

But...but...you could do a cartoon that is crazy, over the top, absurd, ridiculous, unbelievable, and those would JUST be the factual parts.  You wouldnt even need to create the script, it would already be done.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh no, no...no no no nope.

For all their chest puffing, and all of their "Democracy Dies in Darkness" posturing and moral grandstanding...this is coming out.  

Why the tom Delay then? 

Forces are at work behind the scenes working out deals and we will likely only get half the story if that.  Epstein was linked to many high ranking officials and that story went away (except one - Andrew).  The NFL has a **** ton of money the best lawyers and pull in our society, and I for one won't underestimate their clout. Lawyer quietly rule our country.  They make taxpayers pay for their damn stadiums.

Speaking of Tom Delay. all the scandals surrounding Delay just vanished into the night.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Just now, RandyHolt said:

Why the tom Delay then? 

Forces are at work behind the scenes.  I think we all know this.  Epstein was linked to many high ranking officials and that story went away (except one - Andrew).  The NFL has a **** ton of money the best lawyers and pull in our society, and I for one won't underestimate their clout. Lawyer quietly rule our country.  They make taxpayers pay for their damn stadiums.

Speaking of Tom Delay. all the scandals surrounding Delay just vanished into the night.

They gotta make sure this is duck **** tight if it's as big as everyone's making it out to be.  One of the more on target tweets earlier in this thread was about how you know it's going to be bad if other DC outlets are not fighting each other on breaking or leaking anything.  Which is true.  You can't tell me the last time all DC media wasn't trying to report on a big story all at once.  I'm sure a guy like JP Finlay knows what's going on but he's not saying anything about it for some reason which is pretty spooky.

So the WaPo has a giant story, they're making sure it's 100% legit.  It might take a day or two.

Now, if it didn't materialize by Monday, I'd be more inclined to agree.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They gotta make sure this is duck **** tight if it's as big as everyone's making it out to be.  One of the more on target tweets earlier in this thread was about how you know it's going to be bad if other DC outlets are not fighting each other on breaking or leaking anything.  Which is true.  You can't tell me the last time all DC media wasn't trying to report on a big story all at once.  I'm sure a guy like JP Finlay knows what's going on but he's not saying anything about it for some reason which is pretty spooky.

So the WaPo has a giant story, they're making sure it's 100% legit.  It might take a day or two.

Fair enough all good points.  The story is likely so damming that everyone is fearing a good ole american lawsuit if the story is false. Once again, lawyers and fear of lawsuits are largely ruling our land.  I think the US still has more lawyers than all other countries.  Combined.

Edited by RandyHolt

31 minutes ago, tshile said:

Sure but bezos has a good track record of running organizations and creating success

snyders business record sucks. And that was before you could add “turned money-printing-football team into a dumpster fire they can’t find investors for”.

he quite literally had one business success and it was pioneering cold call telemarketing. The one thing he was good at required being a ****ty person to dream up the idea and execute it. 

yes bezos may suck as an owner. But the two don’t compare in any way. 

What are you talking about?  Are you saying I'm comparing Snyder to Bezos?  You lost me.

I said I would rather have Cuban as an owner over Bezos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Schrodinger refs. Being paid for us to win and also the reason we lose.

Maybe its a Major League situation, where he was paying the refs for us to lose, so he could then move the team due to lack of fan support.  Only Charlie Sheen can save us now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm sure a guy like JP Finlay knows what's going on but he's not saying anything about it for some reason which is pretty spooky.

Not necessarily JP, but press in general, have probably had the lines blurred with the organization as well.  As we're seeing even with the reports about Diana and KJ, those lines get blurred often.  There is probably enough mud to fill a Monster Jam arena being slung around with who knows who did what and so on and so forth.  I'd gather some folks aren't saying anything because they either know, have been told or been part of shady situations themselves.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

Sure but bezos has a good track record of running organizations and creating success

snyders business record sucks. And that was before you could add “turned money-printing-football team into a dumpster fire they can’t find investors for”.

he quite literally had one business success and it was pioneering cold call telemarketing. The one thing he was good at required being a ****ty person to dream up the idea and execute it[...in shady fashion.]

Just a small edit there.

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not paying them enough, apparrently.

I don't think the treasury has ever printed that much money in all its years of existence. Taking money from Snyder to do something shady would be like agreeing to play Russian roulette with five bullets and taking the first turn.

As for the long delay causing the story to lose some of its oomph, you have to remember that nobody else in the universe is reading or caring about our team. We're a few thousand hold outs that haven't gotten the message yet.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I would agree with that, but someone over the past week leaked that the WP was going to publish a big story. If they weren't ready, they shouldn't have leaked it until it was ready to publish.

52 minutes ago, TK said:

Y'all out here talking about Bezos while forgetting there's another fan of this team who just recently had his XFL 2.0 fold that could sweep in & buy the team....

there was a thread about that many years ago. 

27 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Saw something yesterday saying that Snyder has been paying refs off for the last 4 years and he isn't the only owner that's been doing it. 

I find this hard to believe but IF true, I hope Mara is involved and we get to decide his punishment.

32 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Saw something yesterday saying that Snyder has been paying refs off for the last 4 years and he isn't the only owner that's been doing it. 

LOL, now that would be hilarious considering all the threads on here year after year of how the refs have it in for us. 

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I would agree with that, but someone over the past week leaked that the WP was going to publish a big story. If they weren't ready, they shouldn't have leaked it until it was ready to publish.

The leaking of the existence of a story could've been anybody.  And probably not somebody who shoulda been making that call.  It only takes one person to say something they shouldnt, doesnt make it an authorized leak.  

I dont necessarily look at it as a delay.  The story could be on the timeline it was always on.  Word got out somehow and now everybody thinks they're stalling 

10 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What are you talking about?  Are you saying I'm comparing Snyder to Bezos?  You lost me.

I said I would rather have Cuban as an owner over Bezos.

my bad I guess I was not following the conversation well

i was just responding to the idea that bezos may not be a good owner. And then I guess I decided to compare him to snyder for some reason lol

• Like 1