Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Being owner of the Dallas mavs, he would not want to buy the cowboys rival.

He's a business man, the Redskins are an underperforming business with tremendous upside.

I think your fooling yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, kleese said:

I’m starting to get a little nervous that the “bombshell” is going to be: 

“Rich and powerful pro athletes and executives like to party balls”

Remember the book that came out about the 90s Cowboys? It was scandalous but since the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls it was perceived more as wild NFL lore than anything else. Plus it helped that the book came out years after the fact and not months afterwards lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Noooo. An honest upstanding guy like Bruce would never do such a thing. I'll stake my next paycheck from the team on it.😉

That he didnt already do that or its jus stuff the reporters already knew?  

This convo wont work in the stadium.

2 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

In fairness, the fans and perhaps even the league are at a point where they'd accept even Charlie Manson or Sideshow Bob with open arms to get rid of Lord Farquaad. At the very least, Bezos has an obvious history of running businesses well, staying out of the day to day running of things and as far as we know, not being a toxic personality. He's got Danny beat before he even sets foot in the door. I wouldn't have any expectations regarding success, but I would expect he could actually run the team in such a way that it won't be a laughingstock. Anything more than that is just gravy.

Ok.

1. Besides some dot connecting, has there ever been any indication Bezos wants an NFL team? 

2. Why would the owners want a titan like Bezos in the room? He can literally buy out the entire NFL without breaking a sweat. Can the collective egos of NFL owners handle that? (and as we have discovered with very rich successful folks, it comes down to ego) 

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Remember the book that came out about the 90s Cowboys? zit was scandalous but sinw the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls ist ws perceived more as wild NFL lore than anything else. Plus it helped that the book came out years after the fact and not months afterwards lol...

Doesnt hurt that it was the 90s...things be different now...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Remember the book that came out about the 90s Cowboys? zit was scandalous but sinw the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls ist ws perceived more as wild NFL lore than anything else. Plus it helped that the book came out years after the fact and not months afterwards lol...

Google “Cowboys White House” some pretty entertaining stories there. And no, I don’t think anyone really cared or was particularly shocked by it. If memory serves the organization itself was never implicated and it was more on the players personal side, but I imagine the existence of the shire house and what went on there had to be pretty common knowledge. Different time and place too. No cell phones, social media, etc. Back in the glory days when you could party balls in peace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ok.

FWIW, I'm not saying Bezos is the next coming of Mother Theresa or anything. I don't think you get where he is by being Mr. Nice Guy. I'm just saying from what we've heard, Snyder takes the term toxic to entirely new heights....or lows, I should say.

1 minute ago, kleese said:

Google “Cowboys White House” some pretty entertaining stories there. And no, I don’t think anyone really cared or was particularly shocked by it. If memory serves the organization itself was never implicated and it was more on the players personal side, but I imagine the existence of the shire house and what went on there had to be pretty common knowledge. Different time and place too. No cell phones, social media, etc. Back in the glory days when you could party balls in peace. 

Dammit, I tried editing my numerous typos before anyone quoted me lol...

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Mark Cuban is chump change when it comes to money compared to Bezos. Cuban is only worth 4.3 BILLION. 

Who cares, did you watch how he handled the Mav's when he bought them, they were one of the worst teams in the league.

You don't need an owner whose worth $160 billion to be successful, nobody here has any idea how Bezos would run this team.

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I have now read 20 page straight of this thread from when I left last night. I deserve a medal.

I've been reading scince yesterday about this time maybe a little later when it was at 22 pages..good lord 20 plus pages scince just last night?

Edited by bakedtater1

Just now, The Sisko said:

FWIW, I'm not saying Bezos is the next coming of Mother Theresa or anything. I don't think you get where he is by being Mr. Nice Guy. I'm just saying from what we've heard, Snyder takes the term toxic to entirely new heights....or lows, I should say.

I have a lot of respect for you, so I'm not taking anything you say to heart.

Bezos does, too, that's why hes going to be the first Trillionaire at rate we going.

Like I said, I'd like to drop Bezos talk here until at least after the report drops and we see if he makes a move or not. Want to be fair to current state of the thread, im derailing here, bad.

I'd be more then happy to meet you or anyone else in the tailgate about this strictly from what Bezos is right now standpoint, not him possibly coming for our franchise. I'd recommend reading some of the threads BenningRoad started about wanting to break up Amazon, which I agree with, or jus looking around on what I'm talking about.

Capitalism has a bad habit of rewarding folks that destroy everything that gets in their way and calling it normal. Our laws are still struggling to keep up with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the reporting on the reporting is continuing, with no report.  

I really feel bad for Ron Rivera.  He signed up to be the head of football ops, essentially.  Now his email signature would read:

Ron Rivera

Head Coach, General Manager and Head of Football Operations, Head of Marketing and Branding, Head of Media Relations, Head of Employee Relations, Head of Response to Social Injustice, defacto Team President and only adult in the room

No-Name NFL Franchise

(Part of my job is to come up with a replacement for the name, so when I get to that, I'll update my signature)

About the only job they CAN'T give him is Larry's old job, though it would be fun to try and watch him do the radio call from the sideline while coaching the team.  I'm sure that's probably crossed somebody's mind... :P 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1