Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

This is the first time I’ve bothered to log in to my account in at least 5 years lol. I did want to say that for as big as this is right now, all the major sports media outlets have spoken little to nothing on this so far. I think it is starting to gain traction though as I’m working from home and Dan Lebatard opened his show up with this. He made some valid points about this story not really being picked up much yet and being in this space where we’re in a position where we’re trapped between the real news and all the media gossip and rumors that social media puts out. He also mentioned how difficult it is to get something of this supposed magnitude printed and getting it vetted and wondering who let the info out and the reason behind it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Glad nobody here was defending Dan when that cheerleader article came out. That would’ve been embarrassing.

Has anybody here ever defended Dan.. I'm not poking at you this question ran across my mind earlier does anybody ever recall seeing anybody here ever defend Dan?

12 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I, without any qualification or expertise, doubt that the NFL would block the richest man in the world from making them richer.

I'm not the only person that put out the conflict of interest matter here, at minimum hos paper would do beat writing in his own team.  Any other teams got it like that?

1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

Looking at those recently browsing is like a who’s who lost of Extremeskins OG’s.  Everybody is coming out of the woodwork for this one, lol.

It's like the Avengers coming together for the big battle to do away with Snyder once and for all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

full disclosure---i'm biased---my interview with jeff (discussed in the tailgate thread) went big-time super-good

I see what you did there & all Imma say is no politics in The Stadium :ols: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, PF Chang said:

Poor Larry Michael. He's out there somewhere thinking about all those yellow checks he gave us next to Skintangibles and feeling defrauded. I refuse to believe he had anything to do with this. 

Look how many people were outed in the #MeToo scandals.   The public face people present, may not be how they really are.

You don't resign right before the season starts, when a scandal is about to break; if there isn't something there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the 

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

ah, the glories of fanhood with the-team-formerly-known-as-the-redskins and its special owner

maybe the never-ending ****-show is finally going to come to an end

<snipped image of Tony Soprano>

Will we get to see the ending or will we be eating onion rings and listening to Journey when bang— everything suddenly fades to black?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Here's the deal with Bezos. I know more about him than most because of the intel/research that went into the HQ2 process. He built Amazon ruthlessly for customer satisfaction. Everything Amazon does is for the customer. He is the richest man in the world. He bought a massive mansion in DC and bought the Washington Post because he wants to rekindle that "social influencer" role. He has expressed interest in buying an NFL team.

As fans, we ARE the customers of the team. If you think he wouldn't plunge money into upgrading everything about the franchise you are sorely mistaken. And he isn't going to see it as a money-maker, though that would be a nice bonus. It would cost $3.5-5 billion to buy the team. He has made $40 billion in the last 2 weeks alone.

New facilities in Ashburn. New Stadium. New everything.

But no, the team would not be called the Amazonians. The NFL is going to lay out the red carpet for Bezos as an owner, but they wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of the league and let him name the team anything related to his businesses. Stadium name, absolutely. Team name? Nah.

I was kidding.  It's not going to be called the Amazonians.  I'm just saying he could do whatever he pleases and I wouldn't care.

Get in here, Bezos!

giphy.gif

I think we all knew about the sex parties. For those who weren't here back in 2005 when the Redskins first bought the site, there is a well known story where Snyder had a meeting with some of the moderators at the park. I'll give the abbreviated and cleaned up version. Basically they all come into his office and they have a pretty standard meeting but towards the end Dan says something to the effect of, "you know we work hard here but we also play hard too. This is going on down the hall from us right now."

He turns on a monitor and there's a big orgy going on in the studio where they film Redskins Nation. Pretty much all the guys you would expect. Larry Michaels, Gregg Williams, Vinny, Fred Smoot, & Cooley plus others (I want to say Joe Salave'a was in there too).  Fred Smoot has ahold of Gregg Williams's <Self Edit> Larry Michael's is licking Vinny's <Self Edit> while Vinny <Self Edit> Chris Cooley's <Self Edit>. Big Joe is taking a <Self Edit> on Smoot's back and they're all  <Self Edit> and <Self Edit> on each other. 

Jumbo, wanting nothing to do with this of course turn to TK to say "let's get out of here" except TK isn't there. Jumbo slowly turns back to the monitor and hear's TK's voice saying, "Well, well, well.... what have we got here? OH YEAH, LET'S GET IT ON!!!" as he enters the picture removing his already unbuckled belt.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 21

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cause it's 2020 man, haven't you been paying attention?  ****'s going down left and right.

I'm guessing because someone investigated the Santos/Mann firings and went down a big ass rabbit hole that they didn't realize how big it was.  

Of course I have, which is why I'm trying to warn folks of what a possible Bezos ownership might look like and the baggage he comes with.

I love the WaPo, I dont trust Bezos as far as i can throw him.  The paper he owns is about to finish off this franchise and multiple people associated with it and then hes jus going to come behind and save the day? He could have nothing to do with it and it still wouldnt smell right.

But that's it, this is what the people want, so be it. Folks are getting their free passes ripped out their hands and kicked in the fire right now. I got nothing else to add here because it requires bringing tailgate threads with me.

No more warnings, I want to see the report then go from there.

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Has anybody here ever defended Dan.. I'm not poking at you this question ran across my mind earlier does anybody ever recall seeing anybody here ever defend Dan?

Yes, there was a time when you would be labeled a hater if you even looked at Dan funny. Times have changed but he still has his little bubble of supporters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

the 

Will we get to see the ending or will we be eating onion rings and listening to Journey when bang— everything suddenly fades to black?

473.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

the 

Journey doesn't do "Fade to Black"; that's Metallica

Idiot.

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

ESPN980 and the Washington Redskins

Other teams?  Because that sounds like Bezos would have two then while his paper is wiping out the credibility of a lot of the remaining ones.

I wont bring this up again in this thread unless someone quotes me.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Of course I have, which is why I'm trying to warn folks of what a possible Bezos ownership might look like and the baggage he comes with.

I love the WaPo, I dont trust Bezos as far as i can throw him.  The paper he owns is about to finish off this franchise and multiple people associated with it and then hes jus going to come behind and save the day? He could have nothing to do with it and it still wouldnt smell right.

But that's it, this is what the people want, so be it. Folks are getting their free passes ripped out their hands and kicked in the fire right now. I got nothing else to add here because it requires bringing tailgate threads with me.

No more warnings, I want to see the report then go from there.

Smells fresh as a daisy to me, I have no issues.

Look, I get it.  But quite frankly after everything Dan has done to this franchise and the fans, the least of my worries is a guy who owns a newspaper and who owns a football team that the newspaper reports on...as long as everything is done clean and above the board.  

Just now, drowland said:

Already had what, turned over receipts?  

Knowing how bad this had been behind the scenes, jus didnt say anything about it.

A Bruce tell all would jus confirm what a lot of them knew but didnt want to say to interfer with their leak game, another reason this report will be so damaging for more then jus the franchise itself.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Smells fresh as a daisy to me, I have no issues.

Look, I get it.  But quite frankly after everything Dan has done to this franchise and the fans, the least of my worries is a guy who owns a newspaper and who owns a football team that the newspaper reports on...as long as everything is done clean and above the board.  

*sigh...noted. You sound exhausted, as are a lot of people, my dad said something similar.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The paper he owns is about to finish off this franchise and multiple people associated with it and then hes jus going to come behind and save the day? He could have nothing to do with it and it still wouldnt smell right.

I don't really get this. If the Washington Post publishes a story of actions done by the Redskins so horrible that it forces the NFL to strip Snyder of his ownership then unless the story is false or misleading the Washington Post bares zero blame for the results. 

The misdeeds belong to those who did wrong, not those who reported on the wrongs, not the owner of the paper. The fault lies a 100% with the wrongdoer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2