Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

41 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Anyone want to play predict rock bottom. Wow I have been wrong so many times before I should be disqualified from playing.

Mr Richardhead will likely escape scrutiny from congress as they are on the take as priority 1 (along with getting re-elected) and the NFL has unthinkably deep pockets. So he remains. I think RR will use lots of picks to get his QB in 2022, and then Turner will not develop/use him correctly, forcing Mrs Richardhead to fire them all mid season 2023. So depending on how many years of draft picks were used to get the QB, that's our next real short term bottom. I am thinking a nameless and coachless team spring 2024 is rock bottom. Then we will bring in a young college coach to save us from ourselves. At that point, he cannot do any worse than has been done in the previous 25 years.

Dan will hire Spurrier Jr.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, method man said:

I always had a bad feeling about the Martys. These two had bad overall track records as leading men with their organizations  (DET and CAR). That being said, I do think that the position coaches have more control over personnel in this organization than many others and Rivera has hinted at this (ex saying Logan Thomas was Hoener's pick). As mentioned, the team has continued to do well with lower cost FAs (Leno, Carter, Seals-Jones, etc). Going into next season, I'd rather the team stick with this strategy at most positions. Where I'd maybe take a bigger risk and splurge a bit is LB and FS. I feel a proven centerfielder FS like Simmons would translate well to most systems. LB is a bigger risk as success would be a bit more scheme dependent.

This comment actually makes me wonder if there are separate heads at the GM. Like the Martys doing the low level acquisitions and Dan doing the big names. I wonder if Dan's just getting somebody's approval for a Samuel or a Jackson. We know that Snyder was in love with Moss but we got Gardner instead. So can we suppose that Dan loves speedy WRs as much as he loves deep throwing QBs. So was the Samuel pick on him? And then is he a fan of Green and man coverage corners? Or does he just like big name corners? Was the Norman pick his (a non man corner)? Was Darby? Was Jackson? 

59 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan will hire Spurrier Jr.

I think the best way for this team to put it's racist/sexist past behind it is to hire Jon Gruden as coach and trade for DeShaun Watson at QB. And then bring back the name and throwback uniforms from the 1982 Super Bowl champs.

😉

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

It's funny. I wonder what the story behind Ron's first choice to be DC is. Was that a Steve Wilks? At first I thought he might be the out of work guy we try to hire, but I thought about it and it's he turned us down before, I can see it happening again. 

Nah, our next guy is going to be Del Rio. I can even see it played as the game was too much for Ron at this stage in his life so he needs to step away. Then JDR takes over like Caldwell did 2 years ago. But he signs a 4 year extension. 

Or maybe we go the offensive coordinator route and hire Hue Jackson. Didn't Chris Russell once say our guy was Bill Cowherd? I've heard Marvin Lewis. But I think Tony Dungy would really excite the fan base. Or what about Jimmy Johnson. What's Parcells doing now? Or John Madden?

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

It's funny. I wonder what the story behind Ron's first choice to be DC is. Was that a Steve Wilks? At first I thought he might be the out of work guy we try to hire, but I thought about it and it's he turned us down before, I can see it happening again. 

Nah, our next guy is going to be Del Rio. I can even see it played as the game was too much for Ron at this stage in his life so he needs to step away. Then JDR takes over like Caldwell did 2 years ago. But he signs a 4 year extension. 

Or maybe we go the offensive coordinator route and hire Hue Jackson. Didn't Chris Russell once say our guy was Bill Cowherd? I've heard Marvin Lewis. But I think Tony Dungy would really excite the fan base. Or what about Jimmy Johnson. What's Parcells doing now? Or John Madden?

Well, the nfl now says you have to  interview 2 minorities from outside your organization before hiring someone. I think this now applys to gm, head coach and coordinators.

When Rivera era ends in 22 or 23; Dan could go 2 ways:

Hire a college coach again or Hire another Jim Zorn type. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You guys do know that Jason Wright was specifically hired to be Snyder's puppet right?

I think the hope was that because there was so much heat on Snyder, that he would have no choice but to allow Jason to do his job without interference, similar to Ron.  But generally speaking, his job is to put a likable face out front for the organization, while simultaneously taking bullets for Snyder and carrying out things the way he wants them.  At best, your hope is a guy like Wright is capable of getting through to Snyder and talking him out of the idiotic things he wants to do.

I say all that not to take a crap on Wright, but just to bring some reality to what his job actually is here.  There is no doubt in my mind that he's going to live to regret this decision to join this franchise.  That in his initial discussions for this position with Snyder, Dan seemed so gung-ho about all Jason's ideas and seemed humbled by how bad things had gotten.  So he got himself all gassed up that he was going to be the guy to not only change this franchise for the better, but also Snyder.  Now he's in hiding wondering WTF he was thinking.

I know.  Some seem to for whatever reason look as Jason Wright as a dude who is almost like a public servant who works for us fans.   He works for Dan.  His job is take arrows for Dan among other things. 

I work for public figures.  I can give them ideas but them (my boss) makes the final call.   It's not on me if they don't listen to me and decide to do their own thing. Some bosses listen.  Some bosses don't tend to listen.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

You are so right about some bosses listen and some bosses do not listen.   Those who do not listen and insist on the "my way or the highway" approach like the Danny usually

in the end refuse to admit their mistakes and prove to be terrible leaders of their organizations.  Look at the quote under my signature.  It says it all about the Danny.  He has not

learned squat in all these years.  He thinks he is fooling people but the only person he is fooling is himself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

You are so right about some bosses listen and some bosses do not listen.   Those who do not listen and insist on the "my way or the highway" approach like the Danny usually

in the end refuse to admit their mistakes and prove to be terrible leaders of their organizations.  Look at the quote under my signature.  It says it all about the Danny.  He has not

learned squat in all these years.  He thinks he is fooling people but the only person he is fooling is himself.

I'm fine with bosses that don't listen to advice. I've had my share of them.

But as I often said after they didn't listen. "I told you so, now don't complain." Which never sit well with them.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know.  Some seem to for whatever reason look as Jason Wright as a dude who is almost like a public servant who works for us fans.   He works for Dan.  His job is take arrows for Dan among other things. 

I work for public figures.  I can give them ideas but them (my boss) makes the final call.   It's not on me if they don't listen to me and decide to do their own thing. Some bosses listen.  Some bosses don't tend to listen.  

Generally speaking, I think a lot of fans - even me to an extent, wanted to buy this wholesome new look of the organization.  It's odd because I called it like I saw it when all this transpired, that the new makeup of the powers that be in Ashburn was all about changing the image - as far as putting people of color and women in charge.  But at the same time, even though I could recognize that Dan was basically forced to makeover the organization - I was willing to take what we could get as it's better than what we've known.

For some fans, the disappointment hurts worse when you feel suckered even a little bit.  That's where I gather much of the disdain is coming from.  Some put the cart before the horse on buying into all this and never really thought about the fact that Wright was here for Dan more than he's here for us.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Jay Gruden got 5 years. Unless he quits--there is no chance Rivera gets less.

That's Dan running the show, so you just never know. The little guy could get on fire anytime.

If Ron finish 2/15, the leash will be extremly short if he makes it to the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

That's Dan running the show, so you just never know. The little guy could get on fire anytime.

If Ron finish 2/15, the leash will be extremly short if he makes it to the end of the season.

If he cans Ron after 2 or even 3 years, he won't even be able to get Jim Zorn to come back.

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

No way. Dan cannot afford to fire RR with all of the off field drama surrounding this franchise. RR is one of the true gentlemen in the game and this organization needs good people running it above and beyond chasing SB rings. The brand has to take precedent over the record on the field. Also, Dan will give RR a chance to find a QB...regardless if he goes 2-15 this season. Dan is big time invested in RR at every level and owes him big time for even stepping into this mess.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If he cans Ron after 2 or even 3 years, he won't even be able to get Jim Zorn to come back.

Don't underestimate coaches' egos. Dan seems good at playing up to that

Ron will most likely quit, anyway. He seems half checked-out already.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

No way. Dan cannot afford to fire RR with all of the off field drama surrounding this franchise. RR is one of the true gentlemen in the game and this organization needs good people running it above and beyond chasing SB rings. The brand has to take precedent over the record on the field. Also, Dan will give RR a chance to find a QB...regardless if he goes 2-15 this season. Dan is big time invested in RR at every level and owes him big time for even stepping into this mess.

That's rational thinking you're saying mate.

I would be OK with this on any team in the NFL.

But we're talking Dan here and I trust him at only one thing: "Do the most stupid stuff to make this team even more crappier".

He's more than likely to fire Ron if things don't go well. Ron was given full power, if it doesn't work, Dan will pull the trigger on him, no matter how stupid it would be. There's no Bruce anymore to keep Dan away from Ron.

46 minutes ago, profusion said:

Don't underestimate coaches' egos. Dan seems good at playing up to that

Ron will most likely quit, anyway. He seems half checked-out already.

Honestly, I'm afraid of what will happen next if Ron isn't given time. As agents are already out saying that they don't advise their players/coaches to come in DC, if Dan pull the trigger on Ron, things will be even harder.

And with congress lurking above it will probably be even harder. Every quality coach, or wannabe HC will have us at the bottom of his wish list.

So we're more than likely to have worse than even Jim Zorn. We'd get a guy that wants to be HC at the NFL level but wouldn't be up to the task.

Really feel like we're on the edge of the cliff, and if Dan fires Ron, that'll be us jumping off of it.

If Snyder wanted to sell the team, presumably potential owners would want reassurance they wouldn't be buying a team that would get penalised in future for whatever happened under the previous regime. I wonder if that reassurance is even possible. I also wonder if Dan's thinking about what a future owner may dig up when they start going through the company archives, and what the consequences could be for Dan.

17 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I wonder what the story behind Ron's first choice to be DC is.

I think the story was that Joe Gibbs kind of brokered the deal. He spoke with Ron about the job and then connected the two once there was interest from Ron. I got the impression if it weren't for Joe, Ron wouldn't be here.

10 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I think the story was that Joe Gibbs kind of brokered the deal. He spoke with Ron about the job and then connected the two once there was interest from Ron. I got the impression if it weren't for Joe, Ron wouldn't be here.

I think you misunderstood what he said. He said he wonders what the story is behind Ron’s first choice to BE dc (meaning defensive coordinator, or, in other words, Jack Del Rio). 

• Thumb up 1

On 10/25/2021 at 7:34 AM, LetThePointsSoar said:

:::::::::::Wakes up:::::::::::::

:::::::::::pokes head in, looking around:::::::::::::

Dan still here??  Well ****, guess I'll check back tomorrow. 

:::::::::::Slams door::::::::::::

:::::::::::peeks in:::::::::::::

This mother ****er is STILL here?!?!??? 

:::::::::::Slams door:::::::::::: 

• Haha 2

Dan will hire someone with ties to the team/area if Ron is gone, someone like Brian Mitchell.

Snyder will then claim things will be different this time because it’s his first hire as sole owner.

He’ll bloviate (in writting through someone else mind you) about how much he has grown and while still learning he wants nothing more than to get the team headed in the right direction.

Once the media lights are tapered down and the cameras turned off - Snyder will transform back into the ogre he is and crawl back under the Key Bridge with that “I fooled them again” smirk

Waiting, lurking in the night until next time.

• Like 1