Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

@Voice_of_Reason, regarding your point 5, I would have loved to see that. HE would have been fired, rightfully so, in the minute, but the guy would have reached ST stardom within fanbase in a minute.

Yeah, but you can't do that and get another executive job.  I would love to see it also, but I sure as **** aint hiring an executive who has on his resume that he outed his employer because he disagreed with them. People resign quietly all the time when they completely disagree with the direction they've been told to take.  But if you out your employer ... That's bad. Also, and I know it's now cringe-worthy, but almost every senior level person who joins a company signs an NDA embedded within their employment agreement.  It's phrased as a "won't knowingly do harm" or something like that.  If I had to sign one to become an executive at a mid-sized consulting firm, sure as **** Jason signed something like that when he became President of the team.  And Dan WOULD sue him, and Dan WOULD win. 

If he's got that on his resume, that's great, but he's cooked from the perspective of getting another C-level or President level job.  At least for a while.  He could theoretically go back to McKinsey as a partner, maybe, (which isn't bad), but nobody would touch him for a senior leadership role.  

So there's no way it could happen.  

52 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m starting to think either Jason ****** in SoCal’s Cheerios, or ****** his wife 

I think @SoCalSkins just has a thing against guys with the name Jason.  He has the same vitriol for Jason Campbell.  :P 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ummm....Kansas City game, right? Denver was an away game and would be pretty odd to honor him at an away game :) 

although who knows, maybe Danny boy figured more of our fans attend away games than home games cause the stadium sucks 

Yeah, well, Kansas City and Denver are basically the same place right?  I got them confused.  

Who cares about Jason, he's a short term hire. He was only hired because the NFL probably demand it. He'll be gone in a year.

The product on the field is what matters and that's where there is no hope. Dan will never have a consistent winner. Every 3-5 years, rinse and repeat. If we get lucky, one day, Dan will be gone. I am not holding my breath and I can see this team being owned by Dan for 50 years.

No matter how long Ron is here, he not match his playoff appearance from last year. He already reached his playoff quota under Dan.

• Like 1

I bet Snyder thought “self-isolating”, handing the team over to the “lovable” Tonya, the fake playoff year, the diverse front office and the rebranding would allow him to lay low until the hate dies down. Little did he know, the team would suck (again) and he would again be enemy #1. Sell the team troll.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just to be "that guy" but GIbbs did make it twice, 2005 and 2007.  So there IS president for 2 trips.  :P 

Ron is no Gibbs. 

The nfl is supposedly watching us for 2 years? Once that period ends; Dan will revert to his usual self.

If Dan does end up owning the team for 50 years; odds are strong he relocates.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dyst said:

I bet Snyder thought “self-isolating”, handing the team over to the “lovable” Tonya, the fake playoff year, the diverse front office and the rebranding would allow him to lay low until the hate dies down. Little did he know, the team would suck (again) and he would again be enemy #1. Sell the team troll.

In 2020, he was probably banking on the combo of a popular new HC, a diverse FO, the "excitement" of a rebrand, and an emerging young QB to take the heat off of him, sort of like the way RG3 did briefly in 2012.

Beyond Haskins turning into a sad joke, I think Dan underestimated how badly things have gone downhill with the fanbase since 2012. Back then there was still a reservoir of goodwill that could be drawn upon if a sign of hope showed up; people wanted to believe. In 2021, I really don't think that many people care anymore. Even the playoff year last year didn't generate that much buzz locally.

Dan has completely lost what used to be one of the best fanbases in all of sports. This isn't like the other low-attendance cities. It's really quite an accomplishment, albeit a hugely negative one. Unless he's content sitting in an empty forlorn stadium for the next three decades, his choices are to sell or move. He's done here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Dan does end up owning the team for 50 years; odds are strong he relocates.

Relocating this team will be as tough, if not more, as getting a new stadium paid by taxpayers.

He might wish it, but I don't see this happening in the next 20 years.

Seriously, which town would love to have to deal with that guy and all the crap he brings with him?

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The nfl is supposedly watching us for 2 years? Once that period ends; Dan will revert to his usual self.

I think the NFL is going to watch us forever.

And at the moment, I have no idea what "his usual self" is.  I don't think he's ever changed, and I don't think he's not involved now. I think the whole Empress Tonya thing is a complete joke.  I think he's as involved as he wants to be, which is the way it's always been.  

If you mean he's just going to start firing people, I don't actually think that's normal. At least not in the last 20 years.  If you mean pressuring people to do things they don't want to do, I think that would be very likely, as that has been a trend for the last 20 years.  

I don't think he's doing that with Ron right now, only because none of the moves currently have really had the Dan Snyder "feel" to it.  I don't think Dan would care about Darby vs. WJIII, or St. Juice vs. Jimmy Moreland, or Fitz vs. Mitch, or JDavis vs. some other pick at 19.  

2 hours ago, profusion said:

Beyond Haskins turning into a sad joke, I think Dan underestimated how badly things have gone downhill with the fanbase since 2012.

This is 100% true.  According to Sheehan, they "put a poll in the field" a number of years ago about Dan and Bruce, and were SHOCKED by the results that even their more loyal fans hated both of them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is 100% true.  According to Sheehan, they "put a poll in the field" a number of years ago about Dan and Bruce, and were SHOCKED by the results that even their more loyal fans hated both of them.  

And yet he continues to do the same **** that turns fans into indifferent casual observers, even maybe rooting for loses and embarrassment sometimes.   Which just proves how little the little **** cares about us.

Edited by Catatonic
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The nfl can expand to 36 teams and go back to 3 divisions. Expand to 18 games with 2 byes.  

Washington would get an expansion team to replace the London Redskins.

Why would London want Snyder and Washington if there is an expansion team available?

2 hours ago, profusion said:

The only way Snyder gets a move is if some city is desperate enough for an NFL team, any NFL team. That wouldn't happen if the league expanded. St. Louis and San Diego are the two main move candidates out there, and it's not like they've never heard about Snyder.

He would never move. Washington still has the fifth highest valuation of any NFL franchise. That plummets with a relocation to a smaller market. There is no incentive for Dan to move. Selling or death is the only viable exit. Probably our death not his since he will simply hand it down to the next generation who will be worse.

Edited by SoCalSkins

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He would never move. Washington still has the fifth highest valuation of any NFL franchise. That plummets with a relocation to a smaller market. There is no incentive for Dan to move. Selling or death is the only viable exit. Probably our death not his since he will simply hand it down to the next generation who will be worse.

Wasn't he able to buy the team because JKC's son didn't want to inherit it?

Or something like that.

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Wasn't he able to buy the team because JKC's son didn't want to inherit it?

Or something like that.

No JKC’s will did not anticipate the value of the team being so high. The executor of the estate had a fiduciary duty to get the highest price even though JKC’s intent was to leave it to his son.   The will was not well designed. The executor also did not allow much spending so we lost Trent Green to free agency then as well.  The highest bid came in from a group led by Milstein with Snyder as a minority partner. The NFL rejected Milstein and asked Dan to form his own lead bid and that was accepted and misery has followed ever since. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dyst said:

I'm sure that's what he was banking on. He's the king of human shields and distractions...

He's used his wife and her breast cancer, his recent hiring of minorities and women, Sean Taylor, Joe Gibbs, and even the code talker native Americans back before he was forced to change the name. 

18 hours ago, Catatonic said:

And yet he continues to do the same **** that turns fans into indifferent casual observers, even maybe rooting for loses and embarrassment sometimes.   Which just proves how little the little **** cares about us.

Yep, the team sucks for a few years and each time they bubble up with a 7-9 or 9-7 division title/first round home loss, fewer fans come back. In 1999, 2005, and 2007 I think there was true pride and excitement. In 2012 there was some enthusiasm. In 2015 there was apprehension and tempered belief. Last year most people just realized it was a mirage. Next time it happens more than half the city will probably be watching a Wizards regular season game. He's completely destroyed a 90-year legacy that was built over generations and by numerous great people (owners, coaches, players). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm sure that's what he was banking on. He's the king of human shields and distractions...

He's used his wife and her breast cancer, his recent hiring of minorities and women, Sean Taylor, Joe Gibbs, and even the code talker native Americans back before he was forced to change the name. 

If he had simply bought out Schar and Fred Smith at the start like he ended up doing anyway, the name would not have changed and there would not have been an investigation.

20 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yep and Keim said he wrote an article years back about how the team seems to be losing fans and he said Bruce called him in the office to ream him out, saying its not true.

They've had their head in the sand and oddly didn't see this coming.

Sheehan speculated that Dan-Bruce over the years suspected any frustration with them wasn't personal, it was purely they were frustrated by the team's performance and thereby would take it out on whomever was at the top. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

If he had simply bought out Schar and Fred Smith at the start like he ended up doing anyway, the name would not have changed and there would not have been an investigation.

Well, he's also plagued by the fact that he's not very savvy or bright either. He hit it big during the tech bubble and is now profiting from an impossible-to-fail venture, but has otherwise shown no business acumen whatsoever with his other attempts (Six Flags, Red Zebra, Johnny Rockets, etc.). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Well, he's also plagued by the fact that he's not very savvy or bright either. He hit it big during the tech bubble and is now profiting from an impossible-to-fail venture, but has otherwise shown no business acumen whatsoever with his other attempts (Six Flags, Red Zebra, Johnny Rockets, etc.). 

Absolutely. The dude just ends up being lucky. If Beth Wilkerson hadn't leaked the draft report or if she hadn't tried to introduce details of his sexual harassment suit into the public record in the dispute with the Redskins former general counsel, Snyder might have faced some consequences. She went rogue and the other owners protected Snyder not because they like him, but because of the circumstances.

His unwillingness to use email is the only savvy thing he has and that's not intentional either. He doesn't like people being able to address him directly because he's an insecure fraud with an over-inflated view of himself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The investigation was going to happen based on all the people who came forward and all the stories and accusations. I don’t think those are connected at all to the name change. You had 40+ women coming forward, cheerleader scandals, nude videos secretly made, etc. That’s what sparked the investigation. Would’ve happened whether Danya bought out the other guys or not.