Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Jason Wright is toast.  I can't believe how quickly that fraud has come and gone.  I had hopes for that guy, I thought he could go a long way in helping get this franchise back on track but no chance of that now.  He's totally vanished.  

Two things:

Either he got reamed out by Snyder for bungling the Sean Taylor jersey retirement debacle and got banished from Ashburn...and they'll wait to make an announcement that he's been fired after the season.  Why they'd wait to do that, I'm not sure.

or

He's just a massive chicken**** and is really hiding.  He got shredded on twitter and rightfully so.  His apology was pathetic.

We will agree to disagree.  Wright doesn't work for the fans.  He works for Dan Snyder.  Everyone is going to make mistakes.  I am pretty good at what I do but if I got villified for making a mistake I'd be gone, ditto all of my colleagues.  It's a mile tougher when mistakes happen for all the world to see.   Fortunately most of us don't have to deal with that kind of exposure where we'd get raked over the coals over and over again for a mistake.   I work for some public figures who handle it well, some not so much.  But I give them credit for being able to withstand a level of scrutiny that most of us never have to deal with. Also, I don't think its an accident why everyone who have worked there  for 20 plus years lets everyone down eventually.   

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But Dan has dug himself a hole so deep, it would take forever for him to climb out of it.  

I mean, I want us to win a Super Bowl eventually but the thought of seeing him hoist the Lombardi would take some of the luster off it, quite frankly.  IMO, it would mean to him that everything he did to get there was validated and it was the right move.  I think that's what his headspace would be and that sucks.

I think everyone's take on what it would feel to them is real and correct.  We all have our own feelings and takes including on how something wild like that would feel as to winning a SB under Dan.  It's hard for me to know until it unfolds, but my feeling right now is I'd be elated.  My fandom is rooted deep, goes back a generation.  I can divorce my happiness about good things happening with the team away from Dan -- but that's me. 

• Like 3

I think it's OK for fans to be disappointed with Wright.  Many were hoping (probably naively) that he could help significantly redirect Dan in a new direction.  Instead, it appears he's another in a long line of execs to take bullets for him.  Hopefully, he learns from the apparent mistake and doesn't repeat it.

Regarding Gruden and the NFL, IF Dan or someone works for him released those emails, than the NFL and Goodell are now being sued for Dan's decision.  If he did, his peers could now be directly financially impacted by his decision, which would have occurred after he was penalized and apparently put on probation.  If he was warned not to mess up again, and he was found to have done so, it could have potential consequences.

It it always seems like things are worse in Ashburn then we know.

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We will agree to disagree.  Wright doesn't work for the fans.  He works for Dan Snyder.  Everyone is going to make mistakes.  I am pretty good at what I do but if I got villified for making a mistake I'd be gone, ditto all of my colleagues.  It's a mile tougher when mistakes happen for all the world to see.   Fortunately most of us don't have to deal with that kind of exposure where we'd get raked over the coals over and over again for a mistake.   I work for some public figures who handle it well, some not so much.  But I give them credit for being able to withstand a level of scrutiny that most of us never have to deal with. Also, I don't think its an accident why everyone who have worked there  for 20 plus years lets everyone down eventually.   

I think everyone's take on what it would feel to them is real and correct.  We all have our own feelings and takes including on how something wild like that would feel as to winning a SB under Dan.  It's hard for me to know until it unfolds, but my feeling right now is I'd be elated.  My fandom is rooted deep, goes back a generation.  I can divorce my happiness about good things happening with the team away from Dan -- but that's me. 

As you said, we can agree to disagree, in some respects.

Wright does work for the fans.  Yes, Snyder cuts his check, but that check is coming from the pockets of fans, partly.   When Wright gets hired and talks about transparency, etc, and then does his "President's Weekly Brief," that is working for the fans.

Maybe "working" isn't the right word, if we're speaking in the traditional employer/employee sense.  He certainly positioned himself as a guy who was making himself available to fans and available to the media.  Answers to the fans?  Maybe that's it.

It's odd though, his title is "Team President."  And not to make this a political thing, but a President doesn't tuck his tail and run (except for Tricky Dick.  And any day you get to type Tricky Dick is a good day).   You can look over history and point to plenty of mistakes made by plenty of Presidents, but they all still sit in that office and have to bear the brunt of their decisions.  

Wright is President in name only (PINO!).  He's not fit for that title.  Did he own his mistake?  He tried to, failed miserably.  Then he tucked tail and ran away.  

I wonder if he learned that move at McKinsey, eh @Voice_of_Reason?

In regards to winning a Super Bowl under Danny...I'd be elated, until that trophy presentation.  It wouldn't completely ruin it for me, but like I said it would take away some of the luster.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2

Who cares about Wright. He was an nfl imposed hire.  His job was to present a fake image on the non personal side; which he failed at miserably.

When Dan emerges from his fake suspension; here’s what will do:

He will become more involved not less:

Hire a new buddy puppet, if Martin Mathew isn’t the guy. Dan probably moves Tanya to the Jason Wright role, after Jason is booted.

If Ron hasn’t turned things around, replace him with either a college coach or another Jay Gruden type coach.

Dan will return to his spending big in free agency and being heavily involved in making the first round pick. Dan will be the one on tv, turning in the draft card.

Rinse and repeat, over and over again. Every 3-5 years until Dan dies or miracle happens and he sells.

There will be no more playoff wins under Dan and definitely will not even sniff the Super Bowl.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Also, I'm afraid that the focus is now on Gruden vs the NFL (which is understandable) and not on the WFT and Dan Snyder.

I had hopes that this would be the thing that would get Snyder kicked out.  That was a small hope, but it was still a bit of hope.  Now as the attention turns to Gruden and his lawsuit, I think the focus isn't so much on the WFT and Snyder's culpability in running a **** organization.

Someone's gotta leak those emails, it absolutely has to happen.  Even then, if it's true about Snyder not having an email address, then it becomes increasingly difficult to really pin anything on him, other than having hired and employed ****ty people.  

I think that’s wishful thinking. The owners are going to circle the wagons and protect Snyder because NFL ownership is under attack in the courts. The thing they hate the most. I don’t foresee this becoming the thing that gets Dan the boot unfortunately.

45 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Who cares about Wright. He was an nfl imposed hire.  His job was to present a fake image on the non personal side; which he failed at miserably.

Hire a new buddy puppet, if Martin Mathew isn’t the guy. Dan probably moves Tanya to the Jason Wright role, after Jason is booted.

If Ron hasn’t turned things around, replace him with either a college coach or another Jay Gruden type coach.

Dan will return to his spending big in free agency and being heavily involved in making the first round pick. Dan will be the one on tv, turning in the draft card.

Rinse and repeat, over and over again. Every 3-5 years until Dan dies or miracle happens and he sells.

There will be no more playoff wins under Dan and definitely will not even sniff the Super Bowl.

Ding ding ding! Dan is and will be tbe "president" of this team no matter who has the title. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I think that’s wishful thinking. The owners are going to circle the wagons and protect Snyder because NFL ownership is under attack in the courts. The thing they hate the most. I don’t foresee this becoming the thing that gets Dan the boot unfortunately.

I can see that.

But I can also see the owners circling the wagons and hanging Danny out to dry.

This thing has the potential to empower and embolden anyone who's felt wronged by an NFL organization.  The NFL and the other owners would much rather deal with one scandal with one owner who isn't liked rather than new accusers coming out.  Like, whoever owns some random team like the Dolphins can look at this and say "****, I've had 10 people sign NDAs before, what's going to stop them from coming forward now?"

They usually protect themselves, this is accurate.  But in this case, I am not so sure.  Dan makes everyone else look bad.

47 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You care about Wright because you hoped he could have done some good.  

I agree with the rest.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can see that.

But I can also see the owners circling the wagons and hanging Danny out to dry.

I can definitely see that second option being in play more than it's ever been at this point. Yes, owners want to protect each other, but only in so much as protecting each other results in protection for "the family." If there's one of their own who's causing CONSISTENT problems for the family, year after year after year, with no end in sight, then continuing to stick up for that douche is no longer in the family's best interest. See Michael Corrleone and Fredo. Everyone has their limits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

As you said, we can agree to disagree, in some respects.

Wright does work for the fans.  Yes, Snyder cuts his check, but that check is coming from the pockets of fans, partly.   When Wright gets hired and talks about transparency, etc, and then does his "President's Weekly Brief," that is working for the fans.

Snyder is more than just some dude who cuts his check.    It would be like saying the chef at a restaurant works for the customers not the owner of the restaurant.    If you are chef the main dude who you have to please is the dude who cuts your check.  It's like any job.  I work in the public arena yet my #1 obligation isn't the public but its for the dude who hired me and can fire me and is writing me the checks.

Yeah but again I'll agree to disagree.  Wright to me has done a nice job for the most part, whereas you seem to think he stinks.  So we are a mile apart on him.  To each their own.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I seriously don't understand why there is so much venom towards Wright. At this point I don't think there is a soul on this planet that would thrive working for Milhouse Snyder. 

I’m sure Wright knew enough about Dan before he was hired. Same applies to Rivera and anyone else on the payroll. They all piss in the same pot around the league too, just to varying degrees of professionalism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Gruden' have kept the option to pursue anyone else that may have leaked those emails. That's written on the fillings to the court. He doesn't know who did, and intend to use this trial to find out as well.

Fact is the NFL could be worsed to released all those emails and there's probably way much more stuff than just Gruden. I'm not a huge fan of Gruden, but you have to wonder why only him got the axe? Why John Gruden? He's probably not alone with that kind of talk, especially within "private" emails in the NFL.

Now, I think you're getting it wrong with how inner circles like the NFL owners works. There are 32 owners in the NFL. That's a lot of people, and obviously they don't share the same goals, political opinons and such on every matters.

Sure they do want to make money and want to be left "alone". That is not under any scrutiny by anyone so they can go on with business at ease.

But as every group of people like this, you can divide this group in many small groups. (Works in everything, politics, sports, workplace...)

- 1st is the inner core. Those are the 3/4 guys that are leading the herd. With one of them being the obvious lead and the others being is bodyguards. That's where every leading idea comes from. They are the one that say "Yes" and "No" to anything.

- 2nd group are the wannabees of the 1st one. They'll acknowledge on everything but aren't that trustful to the first group.

- 3rd are those that just want to go on with business and make money. They'll sign wherever they are told to and won't do much. This is by any means the largest group, whatever group we're talking about. I've been involved in local politics to know that around 80% of the elected people are just here for numbers and will vote what they are told to. Those never have a personal opinion. That's the same in the NFL. Most owners just don't care.

- 4th, the outer rims. Those are the guys that are in the group but aren't really liked. They don't go along well with other owners.

So basically, the group is protecting itself. Including those on the fringe.

But if trouble may affect those in the inner core, they'll have the group protecting the inner core and not the full group. If they have to sacrifice someone in the outer rims like Dan Snyder is, they won't hesitate a second.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’m sure Wright knew enough about Dan before he was hired. Same applies to Rivera and anyone else on the payroll. They all piss in the same pot around the league too, just to varying degrees of professionalism.

I don't think much of Jason Reid typically but he had a good line about from talking to various peope who worked there.  People have heard its bad but they tend to underestimate how bad it is until they work there.

I am gathering part of that is for his faults apparently Dan Snyder is the ultimate salesman in one on one settings.  I recall Rivera talking about how Snyder met with him for days-talking for hours before the hire happened.

Sadly, Joe Gibbs I think is likely culpable to some degree.  Of the people who worked with Dan he's his biggest defender.  I recall Rivera talking about meeting with Gibbs.  If so Gibbs likely reassured Rivera that the stories about Dan aren't true and he's great to work with.  Gibbs is honest as it comes.  so I am guessing Dan was genuinely on his best behavior when Gibbs was there.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You realize Jay was hired because Bruce was friends with Jon and Zorn was hired because it was the best Vinny could do, right?

And literally the only big name free agent signed since AH in 2009 was Landon Collins.  Unless you count DJax.  

The big money free agent thing disappeared for a decade under Bruce.  

Snyder’s impact on the team is so much worse, but so much more subtle than what you point out. 

The current most likely way Dan screws things up is by siding with Chase and undermining Ron. Just like he did with Griffin over Shanahan. 

I don’t really fear what you fear.  I fear Dan torpedoing Ron’s rebuild attempt, Ron just having enough, and then them not being able to find anybody qualified to coach or run the organization.  

Basically, 2014 all over again.  

The only thing I can take solace in at this point is rooting for Jon Gruden. In fact,  this is probably the best outcome we could have hoped for. Though congress is certainly putting heat on the league by sniffing around the Redskins investigation,  Gruden's lawsuit only magnifies the fact that Goodell and the league has tried their damndest to sweep the whole thing under the rug while screaming "move along, nothing to see here"!

Gruden's lawsuit keeps that from happening, folks. This only gives congress more incentive to dig deeper into those gazillion emails that haven't been released,  why only the Gruden emails were leaked, and why the league targeted Gruden while Snyder got the proverbial slap on the wrist.

Honestly,  I've definitely lost alot of the Fandom I once had for this team as a direct result of that little useless putz running it into the ground for his own personal amusement without regard to the fans in any shape, manner, or form. But make no mistake,  Gruden could almost definitely go down as a hero for this team for deciding to NOT let this go and calling out the good old boy's club. 

Whether you believe it will lead to Snyder’s dismissal or not, the league will not walk away from this unscathed.  Bottom line is will it be just enough for them to finally cut Snyder loose. 🤔 Let's see what those other emails tell on the tale, Goodell.

HTTR!

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sadly, Joe Gibbs I think is likely culpable to some degree.  Of the people who worked with Dan he's his biggest defender.  I recall Rivera talking about meeting with Gibbs.  If so Gibbs likely reassured Rivera that the stories about Dan aren't true and he's great to work with.  Gibbs is honest as it comes.  so I am guessing Dan was genuinely on his best behavior when Gibbs was there.  

I think there are two people in this world that Dan admires: Joe Gibbs, and the person Dan sees in the mirror every day.

• Like 1

Is it me or is this training staff another💩show?  Reading that Fitzpatrick is done for the year, because they didn't want to have surgery and thought it would progress better with therapy.  Hmmm isn't that the same thing we are doing with Curtis Samuels and his hamstring, What we did with Gibson! Isn't this a new training and medical staff that was bought in?  Same stuff different day!

• Like 1

I don’t view Jason’s absence from tweeting as him “Tucking his tail and running away” or him “hiding out”. He shared his apology the Friday before the chiefs game, most people didn’t like it, that’s fine. But there hasn’t been anything newsworthy for him to tweet since then. No new name change info to share. He hasn’t “vanished”. 

in fact, he was on our

monthly AMA that staff is part of. So, like him or not, his time in Washington isn’t up. Sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

I think there are two people in this world that Dan admires: Joe Gibbs, and the person Dan sees in the mirror every day.

Only the later one, he used iconic coach Gibbs as a promo tool, that's how despicable he is in my book.

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  Gibbs is a legend, I love him but oddly he's by a mile the only really smart guy who lauds Dan.  Oddly he was a big Vinny guy too at the time.

I believe Gibbs has a good image of both of them because he's a legend for this team. And there was no way Dan would go against him. So basically, I think they said "yes" to whatever he asked.

47 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I believe Gibbs has a good image of both of them because he's a legend for this team. And there was no way Dan would go against him. So basically, I think they said "yes" to whatever he asked.

Yep even Dan couldn't resist being on good behavior with him.  The fallout from that though might be it made Gibbs a believer in Dan.  He's the one dude with credibility who really sells him hard when asked. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t view Jason’s absence from tweeting as him “Tucking his tail and running away” or him “hiding out”. He shared his apology the Friday before the chiefs game, most people didn’t like it, that’s fine. But there hasn’t been anything newsworthy for him to tweet since then. No new name change info to share. He hasn’t “vanished”. 

in fact, he was on our

monthly AMA that staff is part of. So, like him or not, his time in Washington isn’t up. Sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

He tweeted last week, too about something.

I don't know if the Sean Taylor event was a mishap that was all on him or not.  I doubt it was but even if I did I am not judging a person's work by one mistake. 

Although, it seems actually very Dan like to do that from what's been said.  Yeah the dude doesn't fire head coaches and his top crony/BFF in the FO fast but generally that FO has had a ton of turnover.  What did Lafemina last 6 months?   And by reputation even if he doesn't fire someone right away by reputation he neuters people fast.

Part of the reason why I like Jason Wright is about how he comes off.  To me he's likeable and professional.  And he brings a real reputation for the job.  That's rare for that team. 

As I said in another post, Dan typically hires front men who come off every bit as clownish as the organization is perceived.  Bruce and Vinny didn't IMO have the qualifcations to run personnel and they both gave off an awful impression to the public.  

Lafemina was an exception.  Jason Wright IMO is an exception, too.  He's a rare professional sounding-competent-likable dude.  I am not throwing that out the window like guys like him are a dime a dozen under Dan.  they've been unicorns.