Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, it sounds like they blew it.  

As a side note, I would have memorials queued up for (at least) Gibbs and Sonny,  Hopefully the day it is needed is long in the future, but both will be needed, and they should be prepared.  

Every paper/news station has memorials queued up for EVERYONE who matters, especially when they get older.

The fact that they didn't have anything ready for Huff, who was 87, is just incompetent.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

As a side note, I would have memorials queued up for (at least) Gibbs and Sonny,  Hopefully the day it is needed is long in the future, but both will be needed, and they should be prepared.  

They won’t, they will **** it up.

21 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

The fact that they didn't have anything ready for Huff, who was 87, is just incompetent.

Probably something a hungover 19-year old Communications major was responsible for ... between checking their insta stories.

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They won’t, they will **** it up.

You're right, because past performance is predictive of future performance. London Flecther would agree too. If Sonny has been critical of Danny in the past, don't be surprised if they put up a blurb several days after the funeral thanking him for "some quarterbacking."

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I thought we cut Blewitt last week....

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I give them a pass on Sam Huff's tweet. It needed careful planning and coordination to make sure they didn't misspell his name "Sam Puff". And they didn't host his memorial in front of port-a-potties.

They're doing it better already.

Sing it with me...

🎶 Gotta be doin' nuffin 🎶 Can't be doin' sumthin' 🎶

23 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I thought we cut Blewitt last week....

Oh har har har.  :P

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

And suffering from dementia and in general poor health, as far as I know.  

They should have a play-book for all of the old-guard just sitting and waiting in the unlikely event they need it.  It's not like the highlights are going to change...

Hell, I could put together a Joe Gibbs montage for them to just stick on the shelf.  (I hope Coach Joe lives until he's 120, but they're going to need it at some point.)

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh har har har.  :P

And suffering from dementia and in general poor health, as far as I know.  

They should have a play-book for all of the old-guard just sitting and waiting in the unlikely event they need it.  It's not like the highlights are going to change...

Hell, I could put together a Joe Gibbs montage for them to just stick on the shelf.  (I hope Coach Joe lives until he's 120, but they're going to need it at some point.)

I remember hearing from some people in the know 3 or 4 years ago that Huff was "not doing well" and probably didn't have much time left. My hunch is that when Larry Michael "left," a lot of the new people who came in just had no clue about Sam and what he meant to the legacy of the team. You know, the people deciding on our new name. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

I remember hearing from some people in the know 3 or 4 years ago that Huff was "not doing well" and probably didn't have much time left. My hunch is that when Larry Michael "left," a lot of the new people who came in just had no clue about Sam and what he meant to the legacy of the team. You know, the people deciding on our new name. 

Ah, but the so called Superfan- the owner should've known.  If Dan was really a fan, he would've known what Sam meant to this team and their fans.

On 11/14/2021 at 7:22 PM, SoCalSkins said:

Franchise QBs get paid $10 mil a year?

I thought you were saying it doesn't look to crazy to offer TH a 3 yr/$30 million contract. I disagreed. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say. Beating a superior team is awesome, and he played well, but I'm still not convinced you throw a lot of resources at a guy who isn't a long term solution for this team.   

13 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I thought you were saying it doesn't look to crazy to offer TH a 3 yr/$30 million contract. I disagreed. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say. Beating a superior team is awesome, and he played well, but I'm still not convinced you throw a lot of resources at a guy who isn't a long term solution for this team.   

Given the scarcity of QB production and the outsized demand for QB play a 3 year 30 mil extension to lock him in for the next 4 years for under 35 million is not absurd. What is absurd is letting someone like Kirk get all the leverage and hold your cap hostage. Not saying Heinicke is at that level but with a massively expanding cap due to the new TV deals locking him in at that rate is not a crazy idea. 

Cam is getting 6 million for half a season for the Panthers after he’s been in the street all year.

Edited by SoCalSkins

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Given the scarcity of QB production and the outsized demand for QB play a 3 year 30 mil extension to lock him in for the next 4 years for under 35 million is not absurd. What is absurd is letting someone like Kirk get all the leverage and hold your cap hostage. Not saying Heinicke is at that level but with a massively expanding cap due to the new TV deals locking him in at that rate is not a crazy idea. 

Cam is getting 6 million for half a season for the Panthers after he’s been in the street all year.

I hear you. But I'll admit, I'm not a capologist, and look at the issues without taking the financial side of the game into as much consideration as the front office has to. I like to evaluate players' talent and try to see what they can contribute to a team, but I'm not adept at transferring that to what they should be worth financially. 

The Kirk situation was a joke. The team bungled that whole situation, mostly because the incompetent FO refused to make a commitment to him early on.  

As for Cam, I'm a little shocked he's getting that much. But in comparing him to TH, Cam has taken a team to the Superbowl, and he was MVP following a 15-1 season. I think he still holds the record for rushing TDs in a season by a QB. He may not be everything he once was, but I get why they'd throw more money at him. I don't think TH will ever be for a team what Cam was for the Panthers for several seasons.      

9 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I hear you. But I'll admit, I'm not a capologist, and look at the issues without taking the financial side of the game into as much consideration as the front office has to. I like to evaluate players' talent and try to see what they can contribute to a team, but I'm not adept at transferring that to what they should be worth financially. 

The Kirk situation was a joke. The team bungled that whole situation, mostly because the incompetent FO refused to make a commitment to him early on.  

As for Cam, I'm a little shocked he's getting that much. But in comparing him to TH, Cam has taken a team to the Superbowl, and he was MVP following a 15-1 season. I think he still holds the record for rushing TDs in a season by a QB. He may not be everything he once was, but I get why they'd throw more money at him. I don't think TH will ever be for a team what Cam was for the Panthers for several seasons.      

Reasonable people can disagree and this isn’t really a QB thread. However, the reason I replied is the other poster was saying that my suggestion to lock in Heinicke on the extension was so absurd and outlandish that it invalidated all my opinions on other topics. I don’t think it does. Plus it wouldn’t be fully guaranteed. You give him 3 year 30 mil extension with a team friendly exit and he would likely take it.

Regardless, I am very correct about Jason Wright being a fraud which was the main issue. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Reasonable people can disagree and this isn’t really a QB thread. However, the reason I replied is the other poster was saying that my suggestion to lock in Heinicke on the extension was so absurd and outlandish that it invalidated all my opinions on other topics. I don’t think it does. Plus it wouldn’t be fully guaranteed. You give him 3 year 30 mil extension with a team friendly exit and he would likely take it.

Regardless, I am very correct about Jason Wright being a fraud which was the main issue. 

Can't argue with that. 

I was a bit reactionary in injecting myself into it and making it more about the QB situation.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The team twitter account sure is announcing wale as our MNF halftime performance a bit early aren’t they? That’s something they should announce on Saturday the 27th :P 

That's because this team doesn't care about any of the fans over age 30. If they did, they wouldn't have ignored Huff's death or screwed up the Sean Taylor event. But a rapper coming to play at halftime of a game two weeks away? That's urgent!

The Cousins thing was a fiasco because of Bruce Allen, who would have been a decent GM...if the NFL was tuck in year 1962. He couldn't decided whether to keep him for 2 years, then got mad that "Kurt" wanted to get paid a fair wage for his position and abilities. Who call's a press conference to complain about their QB wanting more money? Imagine if they had locked him up for a few years, at least the QB position wouldn't be the disaster it has been for the last 4 years.

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

That's because this team doesn't care about any of the fans over age 30. If they did, they wouldn't have ignored Huff's death or screwed up the Sean Taylor event. But a rapper coming to play at halftime of a game two weeks away? That's urgent!

I’m with you on the Sean Taylor event. I dont agree on the sam huff death. A statement recognizing his passing and saying he represented the franchise with honor and respect both on the field and in the Booth, that’s “ignoring his death”? Huh? Pretty sure any team would issue a statement like that for an alumnis passing. This just proves that people whine just to whine. It’s ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m with you on the Sean Taylor event. I dont agree on the sam huff death. A statement recognizing his passing and saying he represented the franchise with honor and respect both on the field and in the Booth, that’s “ignoring his death”? Huh? Pretty sure any team would issue a statement like that for an alumnis passing. This just proves that people whine just to whine. It’s ridiculous. 

Sam Huff wasn't just an alumni passing. He was the radio commentator for the team for decades. He's spent about 50 years of his life representing the team on the field and in the booth.

"An alumni passing" is what you say about a player who suited up for 4 years and never looked back when he retired. "A face of the franchise" is what you say about Sam Huff's half-century commitment to this team. With all that he's done, the best they can do is quick twitter statement to say 'Sam Huff was a pretty cool dude. He died. RIP. Don't forget to buy your Wale tickets.'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Sam Huff wasn't just an alumni passing. He was the radio commentator for the team for decades. He's spent about 50 years of his life representing the team on the field and in the booth.

"An alumni passing" is what you say about a player who suited up for 4 years and never looked back when he retired. "A face of the franchise" is what you say about Sam Huff's half-century commitment to this team. With all that he's done, the best they can do is quick twitter statement to say 'Sam Huff was a pretty cool dude. He died. RIP. Don't forget to buy your Wale tickets.'

Good ******* lord....they have a nice, respectful statement, saying he represented the franchise with honor and respect both on the field and in the radio booth, and people choose to complain? You don’t see how silly that is? It’s a statement that acknowledged what he did both on the field and in the radio booth. People need to quit finding something to ***** about in every single thing. This ls just laughable. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Good ******* lord....they have a nice, respectful statement, saying he represented the franchise with honor and respect both on the field and in the radio booth, and people choose to complain? You don’t see how silly that is? It’s a statement that acknowledged what he did both on the field and in the radio booth. People need to quit finding something to ***** about in every single thing. This ls just laughable. 

The statement isn't the problem. The statement being the only acknowledgement of Sam Huff's death is the problem.

• Confused 1

Just now, NickyJ said:

The statement isn't the problem. The statement being the only acknowledgement of Sam Huff's death is the problem.

What more acknowledgment is required?? The team twitter account AND Facebook page posted a picture on Sunday of him and his birth year to year of death, and a statement which acknowledged what he meant to the community and the franchise. Are they supposed to **** the guy too?? Come the **** on. This is ridiculous. 

Yeah, kind of agree with Cooleyfan in the sense that people these days just want to find an excuse to complain about virtually everything.

Of course a lot of this was brought on by the teams hamhandedness over the ST21 thing. First, the team shouldve retired 21 right after Sean was murdered, or at the very least at the ceremony where he was put into the Ring. Waiting this long invited the comparisons to how other franchise notables would be treated upon their passing.

Huff's passing occurred pretty late in the week and there was the heavy Veterans focus anyway. Hopefully the team perhaps has the players put #70 stickers on their helmets the rest of the season. That would be a good acknowledgment, IMO.

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What more acknowledgment is required?? The team twitter account AND Facebook page posted a picture on Sunday of him and his birth year to year of death, and a statement which acknowledged what he meant to the community and the franchise. Are they supposed to **** the guy too?? Come the **** on. This is ridiculous. 

I would suggest you to look a few page back. Maybe even the first pages of the game thread.

@TK has got a nice theory about it. And as @NewCliche21 said. Not having anything ready for an 87 years old guy that was the face of the franchise for 50 years is being incompetent.

Those should have been ready years ago.

What are they gonna do if Joe Gibbs pass away in two weeks? Send an email?

• Like 2